Weird MC weapons

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Weird MC weapons

Unread post by Axelmania »

Some tactics are described that I don't know how to work in combat.

page 34 Shen Bian: what's the biggest circle you can make? How much does this weigh? How small can you conceal it? Trying to think of reasons to use it when its damage is not particularly impressive, and Blunt has better strike bonuses.

page 35 Wu Grou Jen (Sword) "When parried, it's possible to slide the blades together and then twist so that the hook could catch the opponent's hand or arm"

How would you work this tactic? Maybe if opponent parries and you do this, they can't defend against 2nd attack with a parry and must dodge to get back in time or else drop the weapon?

page 44 Exercise v. Combat spurs.
Exercise "inflict full spike and gore damage" but "blunted enough so they won't penetrate exercise padding"
Combat "do the same damage, but they'll rip through clothing, exercise padding and light armor (padded and soft leather)"

Functionally how would you work this via someone wearing light ancient armors like cloth or soft leather? Do Cspurs just automatically surpass AR even if you don't roll above it? Or do Espurs automatically fail to pass AR even if you roll above it?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Weird MC weapons

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It is a pole sling of sorts….so 6 foot clearance.

Parry-disarm combo move. Declare that you are going to try to disarm after the parry and make each roll. Experienced N&S/MC GMs will let you do this even thou it's not in the rules….if you haven't been annoying.

That they penitrate soft armors (ie ignoring the normal AR) is what is sounds like it says.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

If I could add another one to the list:

Pun Gung Bi (under Ba Gua Kung Fu); what are these things? I have not been able to identify what kind of weapon they are, other than "the character slips them on like rings, one on each middle finger". I had thought that that were just some kind of spiked finger-ring, but they are described as being able "to parry sharp objects without damage to the hand". So I don't know.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

filo_clarke wrote:If I could add another one to the list:

Pun Gung Bi (under Ba Gua Kung Fu); what are these things? I have not been able to identify what kind of weapon they are, other than "the character slips them on like rings, one on each middle finger". I had thought that that were just some kind of spiked finger-ring, but they are described as being able "to parry sharp objects without damage to the hand". So I don't know.

Something like this I imagine.

http://i2.wp.com/listverse.com/wp-conte ... =632%2C436

Check out this article for more details: http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/ ... ticle=1173
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Ignoring AR for light is a nice benefit for demon armor but it makes me wonder why other stabbing weapons wouldn't enjoy it too.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”