Demon Hunter and Fox Spirit combat queetions

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

redcap
D-Bee

Demon Hunter and Fox Spirit combat queetions

Unread post by redcap »

So the demon hunter and the fox spirit are the only two classes that don't get a full style. Would their class combat bonuses count as a style? If they bought a hand to hand agent style, would their class bonuses and moves stack, or would they function as a secondary style? Would you assume they both get strike(punch) and autoparry?

The Demon hunter has a more complete style, with a weapon kata (obviously a style specific power), and a few different unarmed moves from demon hunter wrestling.

The fox spirit gets leap attack and backflip, but no actual attacks are listed (puches, kicks). It does say that he gets these abilities in addition to whatever hand to hand style he might have, but would the attacks from his style stack with the 3 attacks from his class?

What are people's thoughts on this?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Demon Hunter and Fox Spirit combat queetions

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

For the fox spirit, RCC bonuses always stack with hand to hand bonuses, whatever the source, so the 3 attacks and such would apply to whatever hand to hand they somehow aquire.

per the demon hunter, it's a bit iffy. the intention appears to be that they are locked into a class-specific hand to hand style that is somewhere between an agent style and a full martial art. however as written they are merely bonuses and so would stack with whatever hand to hand they somehow aquired. the GM would be well within his rights to nyx that for balance purposes however.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
redcap
D-Bee

Unread post by redcap »

My thinking was pretty similar. The fluff for the demon hunter says he's not the type to learn a full style, and that could be interpreted as a prohibition against buying agent styles. Kind of lawyerish...

What's your feeling about assumed auto-parry and punch? I might not give a punch to demon hunter since he's supposed to be a wrestler (has tackle, crush, entangle), but the fox kind of needs it. Would you give auto-parry to the fox without his buying an agent style?
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

The fox would need to select hand to hand basic as a secondary to get auto-parry. Anything more than that they'd need to change to a new OCC.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

redcap wrote:My thinking was pretty similar. The fluff for the demon hunter says he's not the type to learn a full style, and that could be interpreted as a prohibition against buying agent styles. Kind of lawyerish...

What's your feeling about assumed auto-parry and punch? I might not give a punch to demon hunter since he's supposed to be a wrestler (has tackle, crush, entangle), but the fox kind of needs it. Would you give auto-parry to the fox without his buying an agent style?

A punch is the default "Strike". Anyone can attempt this, even if they have no hand to hand skill at all.

as for auto parry, they would need to pick up an agent style.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Only one agent style is available as a secondary skill in Ninjas and Superspies.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”