The spell "Live on -chi"....

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The spell "Live on -chi"....

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I was posting to another topic and a question came to me. If the char is under the influence of the Chi magic spell "Live on negative Chi" would the char be able to use -chi to power her +chi powers?
Note: at the moment I have no opinion on this and is just seeking what you think of it.

P.S. Is not 100% sure of the spell name, but is 100% sure of the spell concept.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: The spell "Live on -chi"....

Unread post by eliakon »

I would say that the answer is no.
They still have negative chi, the spell doesn't change their negative chi into positive chi. It simply allows their body to function on negative chi. The chi powers themselves are not changed and still require the proper energy to work.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: The spell "Live on -chi"....

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I was posting to another topic and a question came to me. If the char is under the influence of the Chi magic spell "Live on negative Chi" would the char be able to use -chi to power her +chi powers?
Note: at the moment I have no opinion on this and is just seeking what you think of it.

P.S. Is not 100% sure of the spell name, but is 100% sure of the spell concept.

re-reading the spell, I have to say no. The spell says speficially it lets the characters body rest, recovery, and healing take place while infected with negative chi, but that is only it does.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”