HTH: Krav Maga?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

HTH: Krav Maga?

Unread post by LostOne »

Has anyone statted this one out? Is it really different enough from others to warrant it? It seems to be one of the new popular ones, or at least I'm hearing about it far more lately in the US, but I am not a martial artist and can't reasonably judge it.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: HTH: Krav Maga?

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Rapid, short distance attacks and using firearms as improvised weapons? Wonder if that's even adderssed in the rifter write up.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

ICHIBAN11 wrote:One of the Rifters has it in there. Don't remember which one though

I wasn't able to find it in my browsing so it might not be an issue I have or I just missed seeing it. If anyone can point me to it I would appreciate it.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Combine moo gi gong with jujutsu.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Krav Maga is in Rifter #7, p. 45. And goodness, it is really horrible. It has almost none of the standard combat techniques taught to the IDF. I guess the actual training was a little too real for the writers.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

wyrmraker wrote:Krav Maga is in Rifter #7, p. 45. And goodness, it is really horrible. It has almost none of the standard combat techniques taught to the IDF. I guess the actual training was a little too real for the writers.

Thanks, I'll check it out, although your review doesn't fill me with confidence.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

It is usable.
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

When I get home, I will post a right up I did on it.
danzig138
D-Bee

Unread post by danzig138 »

There are a couple versions in the PMAN

http://www.geocities.ws/kuseru/PMAN/index.htm
danzig138
"Maybe allowing the new guy to hang with the party without getting beaten, raped, or summarily sent to the gates of hell in the first few days requires a little extra restraint on the parts of some of the players."
-----Testor the Librarian
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Two things: 1)Was watching Fight Quest episode with Krav Maga and the two guys got their lunch money beaten out of them...
2)Since there was a link to the PMAN and I noticed a HtH I wrote up long ago is on there, I was wondering if anyone's ever tried using it, and if so, did it work ok in game play? It's called HtH: Sneaky Bastard.
everloss
Explorer

Unread post by everloss »

fbdaury wrote:Two things: 1)Was watching Fight Quest episode with Krav Maga and the two guys got their lunch money beaten out of them...
2)Since there was a link to the PMAN and I noticed a HtH I wrote up long ago is on there, I was wondering if anyone's ever tried using it, and if so, did it work ok in game play? It's called HtH: Sneaky Bastard.

I like the name, but when I hit the link to it, the Geocities site closed. I can't believe Geocities still exists at all.
Ninja Trigger
D-Bee

Unread post by Ninja Trigger »

I might try to write up a stat list for Krav later after I do some more homework on the style, and since my little brother takes Krav Maga it shouldnt be to hard to get a basic stat list down.

So I don't think it should be to hard for me to try to write it up and give it believable stats. I also took a few classes of it before and I can easily say that the training was way to rough for me.

But the Art or style of Krav is based on practicality and ending a fight as quickly as physically possible. And I do know that there is real big difference between Krav schools found in the states, and the Krav schools over in Israel.
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

The training between civilian and IDF styles does vary as well- the IDF version includes the use of the rifle as a blunt/jabbing melee weapon where the civilian version does not (as teaching someone to use a weapon that they may not have available to them would be wasted time that is better used to teach you how to stomp the heck out of someone...)

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”