ninjas and super spies update

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hinomaru
Megaversal® Ambassador

ninjas and super spies update

Unread post by hinomaru »

when will the ninjas and super spies be updated by now with all the forms weapons and tech update the book will be big as if not bigger then the main heroes book?
What every happen to the hardware's' unlimited book you guys advertised it i been waiting over 10 years for it...plus you guys need to talk to an MMO making to turn your entire system in to an MMO i mean if white-wolf did it you guys need to because there are more scifi fans
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Re: ninjas and super spies update

Unread post by zerombr »

i have heard rumors about a new N&S book of some sort, but that was supposed to happen after Lemuria. So I dunno. I wish it'd happen too.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

moved to appropriate forum
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
hinomaru
Megaversal® Ambassador

NMI wrote:moved to appropriate forum

heroes and ninjas are in the time time frame how is it the wrong forum??
hinomaru
Megaversal® Ambassador

more role in heroes

zerombr wrote:i have heard rumors about a new N&S book of some sort, but that was supposed to happen after Lemuria. So I dunno. I wish it'd happen too.

i pray it does come out been waiting since it was advertised in the late 90s lol and plays a better role in heroes unlimited
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Ninjas & Superspies™ posts belong in the Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™ forum, not the Heroes Unlimited™ forum.

Palladium Books consists of six people in the office (only one of whom is a writer) and many freelancers (All of whom have full time jobs and lives of their own). I don't think priority for a new edition of Ninjas & Superspies™ is on the radar..
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think they need to add some special skills for some ther occs.
Maybe make a list.

Update the Gadgets.

Maybe make more Npc,s villains to face the PC,s,with Masterminds and ther chief HenchPerson/Assassins.
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

gaby wrote:I think they need to add some special skills for some ther occs.
Maybe make a list.

Update the Gadgets.

Maybe make more Npc,s villains to face the PC,s,with Masterminds and ther chief HenchPerson/Assassins.

and clean up the fighting styles and movesets too. That's the big part for me.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I for one do not want a new edition of N&S, because if they do, then they would probably make it "To RUE Standard", which I despise. And which would just make N&S 'just another rifts supplement book'. :roll: Another thing I despise about what has happened to most of the PB Game setting books.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would say the chances of an update are between zero and none. Any sort of 'update' would either require a wholesale rewrite of most of the material and concepts (Chi, MAFs, Combat Maneuvers, APMs, WPs, Dodge, et multiple cetera) OR would require leaving so many things unchanged as to make any 'update' just a repackage. Baring a miracle of some sort (a free lancer writing the PERFECT manuscript, unsolicited in their free time.) Its Just Not Going To Happen. Which I think is a shame, but there it is.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I think a standard is necessary. It can eliminate stupid arguments when adapting between systems.

Plus N&SS will still have unique traits.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

MADMANMIKE wrote:I don't think priority for a new edition of Ninjas & Superspies™ is on the radar..

Mike and I do not generally agree here but in this he is bang on.

Unless a freelancer suddenly gives them a drop dead awesome 2nd ed of it already done and ready to go, we will not see a new edition. N&SS was Erik's baby more than anything else. No Erik then I highly doubt we will see any N&SS beyond the odd Rifter article. That goes of ATB as well as that too was sort of Erik's baby.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Better Q is when Rifts and other settings will incorporate N&SS superior weapon kata and rolling system.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

If they haven't by now I wouldn't expect them to ever do so.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”