Create Vajra Question

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Create Vajra Question

Unread post by The Beast »

How exactly does the PPE cost and casting times work? One spot says 6 hours & 50 PPE per pair of points, and another says a one-pointed vajra takes a full week and 280 PPE. I'm not following the math here...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Create Vajra Question

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I've always gone the the "6 hrs. & 50 PPE" per pair, listed in the stats.
I think because there is some missing text in the spell description, or the stat numbers got changes to make it "playable" w/o updating the spell text.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

I've found it quite confusing as well, clearly some bad editing occurred. I'd go with the 6hrs/50PPE per pair of points myself, given the other method seems to make it impossible for a Wu Shih to ever manufacture even a 1 point Vajra let alone a multiple point one.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

That's what I was thinking of doing if I ever used it. I just didn't know if there was info somewhere else clarifying it.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

The Beast wrote:That's what I was thinking of doing if I ever used it. I just didn't know if there was info somewhere else clarifying it.

Unless there's something in the FAQ section (and I don't remember seeing anything) to my knowledge there's never been anything posted to clarify/correct things in regards to that spell.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”