New Skill

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

blade76
Explorer

New Skill

Unread post by blade76 »

New Skill

Cloak and Dagger: This skill provides an operative with limited know-how on all other espionage skill sets. An agent or individual will know what to analyze a given situation with an idea on waht to look for , or expect in any situation where danger or espionage is involved.
I.Q + 30%, plus 3 per level for the skill
I.Q plus 2% per level or + 15% if the associated skill is known

I got this from burn notice, as Micheal Westen just seems to know how to approach a target , how to make his intent known talk to people , enter places, how or when to fight or run , or just plain manipulate people to his advantage.He is the know-how type of agent not the superhuman martial art master or gun toting maniac whose expertise are crazy gun chases etc.
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Re: New Skill

Unread post by Desert Rat »

Just me, but I would be cautious about creating skills which remove the element of creativity and free thought from the gaming experience and/or supersede/combine other skills and attributes already included within the game.
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Um, this falls under spycraft and field craft, usually covered by the conglomerate of skills picked up by Agent characters. Think about what your character has, do some research on the person you are looking for, and what you need from them, and come up with a way to get it, then test it out.

Even Micheal Weston's approaches aren't always perfect or go as planned.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

While yah it falls under the field craft skill, I was just thinking this might be good for the Urbane Jungle setting coming out.

Other then that, my opinion would be "totally munchkin" if for the other settings.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”