What is a Crenellated Strike Bezel?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abtex
Champion

What is a Crenellated Strike Bezel?

Unread post by abtex »

The best I can determine crenellated Strike Bezel has something to do with 'self-defense capabilities'. But what is it?
Form of brass knuckles for flashlights, seems to be an option for them. Harden 'ring' around the flashlight's bulb?

Came across the new Palm pistol, it has
"A Picatinny rail for attaching accessories such as a crenellated strike bezel, extra round carrier, light or the LaserLyte Subcompact V2 laser sight may also be incorporated as optional features."

But 'What is crenellated Strike Bezel?'
Last edited by abtex on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Re: What is a Crenellated Strike Bezel?

Unread post by Desert Rat »

Crenellated is a concave pattern for the bezel, most often associated with the flash suppressors of rifles and shotguns.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z103/grace0516_2007/1255049625.jpg
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Thanks you.
What does that have to do will 'self-defense capabilities' on flashlights and small weapons?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

The thought is that you could punch someone in the chest (or somewhere else) with it and the points would cause more damage. Its a weak argument, but that's marketing for you.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”