Quick Question: Moo Gi Gong

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mercdog
Hero

Quick Question: Moo Gi Gong

Unread post by Mercdog »

Under moo gi gong's weapon katas it says that the form gives the user W.P. in All ancient weapons, W.P. paired (all) and +1 to Strike with all weapons.

Am I correct in assuming that while the character can use all ancient weapons, she is limited to the +1 Strike bonus unless she also buys the W.P. for a weapon as normal, at which point she will be able to add the normal bonuses for the W.P. purchased?
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: Quick Question: Moo Gi Gong

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Nope. Full bonuses for each W.P., just as if he/she had purchased it using Skill Programs.
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

filo_clarke wrote:Nope. Full bonuses for each W.P., just as if he/she had purchased it using Skill Programs.

That seems excessively generous to the Martial Artist though. That's getting like what, 12?, W.P.s at full bonuses with +1 to strike on top for free in a non-exclusive martial form.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Perhaps, but there is no written indication that the W.P.s received through Moo Gi Gong are in any way different from those received through any other martial art form. Besides, the point of Moo Gi Gong is to be able to walk into any cluttered area and have unlimited weapon options available. Its downside is that it is realtively powerless when it comes to unarmed combat.
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

filo_clarke wrote:Perhaps, but there is no written indication that the W.P.s received through Moo Gi Gong are in any way different from those received through any other martial art form. Besides, the point of Moo Gi Gong is to be able to walk into any cluttered area and have unlimited weapon options available. Its downside is that it is realtively powerless when it comes to unarmed combat.

Hmmm...
I guess technically you're right, but really either way I rule it the character in question would always have the unlimited weapons options available at all times. I mean, heck at 1st level she can beat someone to death with either a club or a chalkboard eraser if she really wanted to.

Thanks for the answer. :)
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Mercdog wrote:
filo_clarke wrote:Perhaps, but there is no written indication that the W.P.s received through Moo Gi Gong are in any way different from those received through any other martial art form. Besides, the point of Moo Gi Gong is to be able to walk into any cluttered area and have unlimited weapon options available. Its downside is that it is realtively powerless when it comes to unarmed combat.

Hmmm...
I guess technically you're right, but really either way I rule it the character in question would always have the unlimited weapons options available at all times. I mean, heck at 1st level she can beat someone to death with either a club or a chalkboard eraser if she really wanted to.

it is cool but the are only WP and not Katas like the 18 weapon style gives you in the Mystic China book.
that art is weak in non-weapon aspects too
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Mercdog wrote:

Hmmm...

the style is cool and has WP Katas all not what I originally posted of WP and the moves are okay onlythe bonuses suck without weapons
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Wildfire wrote:
Mercdog wrote:

Hmmm...

it is cool but the are only WP and not Katas like the 18 weapon style gives you in the Mystic China book.
that art is weak in non-weapon aspects too

Actually, Those ARE all Kata, as they are under the Kata section. They have a Kata for every weapon there is.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

filo_clarke wrote:Nope. Full bonuses for each W.P., just as if he/she had purchased it using Skill Programs.
Mercdog wrote:That seems excessively generous to the Martial Artist though. That's getting like what, 12?, W.P.s at full bonuses with +1 to strike on top for free in a non-exclusive martial form.

Actually, it comes out to 32 Weapon Kata -- by my rough estimate.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Moo Gi Gong is cool for the sole reason that you can look your player in the eyes and say:

"...And the ninja appears to be duel-wielding sporks. Roll for initiative."
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Moo Gi Gong is cool for the sole reason that you can look your player in the eyes and say:

"...And the ninja appears to be duel-wielding sporks. Roll for initiative."

:lol: :lol: Nice! Or maybe coffee stirrers. :lol: :lol:
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Mantisking wrote:
Mercdog wrote:That seems excessively generous to the Martial Artist though. That's getting like what, 12?, W.P.s at full bonuses with +1 to strike on top for free in a non-exclusive martial form.

Actually, it comes out to 32 Weapon Kata -- by my rough estimate.

Yeesh. :shock:

Yeah... I think I'll revise that for my games.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”