Chi to non Chi universes

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Chi to non Chi universes

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There is chi in all the PB settings.
Its just that most of them do not use chi as a part of the setting's focus, so the chi stat is not included in the book. So even RT chars have their PE score in chi.

Some hero powers give double chi.
Option: the SN get double chi.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Tyciol wrote:Yeah it's sort of like how ISP exists everywhere too but you don't see it listed in Dead Reign or Robotech (I haven't seen PPE in Robotech either but could have overlooked it).

More like every char has PPE.
ISP is a developed mind power thing for Psi's.

RT leaves out PPE because RT has nothing that uses PPE. So they left it out to be less confusing. Sort of like The way Chi is left out of the books that don't have any powers that use it.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Rider wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:More like every char has PPE.

Machine People and Infernals :) I don't think Fox Spirits have it either... or a transferred intelligence robot char who loses their human body. Or a necromancer/earth warlock who transfers their mind into an inanimate object.

Maybe I should of used the word Living in that statement.

Infernals and FS can steal/barrow/Gather PPE.

I would say (here is where I get opinionated) that a Transferred intel would have like 1 or 2 PPE, but it is inaccessible to the TI.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

shion wrote:There is some conversion rules to assign chi to characters from places where is not used? like HU, or Nightbane?

Yes, it's exsactly the same as in N&SS. Chi needs no conversion whatsoever.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Sikulak wrote:another question if chi were used in rifts and maybe other places is whether or not creatures who can bio-regenerate can still heal if they have either 0 or negative chi. it may be that they could since it says in the book that healing factor grants immunity to dim mak and most bio-regeneration abilities are more powerful than healing factor.

They cannot heal.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Sikulak wrote:another question if chi were used in rifts and maybe other places is whether or not creatures who can bio-regenerate can still heal if they have either 0 or negative chi. it may be that they could since it says in the book that healing factor grants immunity to dim mak and most bio-regeneration abilities are more powerful than healing factor.

dim mak knocks them down to 25 percent of their mdc permanetly
and they can never heal
so tap that dragon and track him down every couple weeks and shoot him for 1d4
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

csbioborg wrote:dim mak knocks them down to 25 percent of their mdc permanetly
and they can never heal
....snip

where does it say this?
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

@drewkitty

I believe that is in conversion book 1.

However Since Dim Mak and almost all other Atemi-Vital Points strikes require detailed Anatomical knowledge in order to be truely affective. If one does not have the anatomical knowledge of the target creature in question then the DIM Mak strike is useless against said creature(S). This can be remedied by picking up a xeno-biology skill for the creature(S) in question. However, for creatures that normally automatically regenerate, such lore skills do not exist. Dim Mak would always be Ineffective vs. a Vampire, Etc...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

FaerieKnight wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

They cannot heal.

Well, I think that should be modified. Since Healing Factor dispels negative chi I would think SN regeneration would do so too. Healing Factor dispels negative chi at a rate of one point per hour. So I would say a SN with regenerative abilities would dispel negative chi too. Maybe at a rate of 1 or 2 every half hour.

But until they have positive chi again they don't regenerate.

That's what I said. not having negative chi means you don't heal. That's completely seperate from having something to remove negative chi, and of course normal healing resumes once you have pos chi again.

Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Personally, I like the idea of having chi stopping supernatural healing. It makes Chi very useful against AIs and other beings as most don't have any idea how to deal with being drained to 0 Chi. Also, with the proper advanced chi skills and martial arts techniques, a person can wreak havoc on a master vampire...

Edit: Took out the part that praises the system for being balanced and all that jazz. That statement is way too subjective.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”