Board index » SDC Worlds » Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 pm

D-Bee

Who is your favorite martial artist (real or fictional) and how would you design a character based on them?

Examples:

Jackie Chan
Nimble martial artist who seems to always know where to move before the opponent even makes the attack.
Primary Form: Jeet Kun Do OR Drunken Style
Martial Art Powers: Awareness, Art of Evasion
Additional Skill Choices: Gymnastics, Acrobatics, and Performance

Last edited by foilfodder on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Palladin

While a nice question it probably violates the No Conversions policy in the forum rules.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:47 pm

D-Bee

Nightmask wrote:
While a nice question it probably violates the No Conversions policy in the forum rules.

I'll have to disagree with you on that thought. Conversion would be from one game system to another. Example - if I took materials from my Star Wars or Shadowrun RPG and began posting stats for characters like Han Solo, abilities like Jedi Powers or other materials from those game systems in a Palladium RPG format.

Particularly regarding real-life persons, there is no "conversion" involved. If someone were to say for example, "In the Chuck Norris RPG, Chuck has stats A, B, and C, so you should give him X, Y and Z from Ninja's and Superspies..." that would be a Conversion and against the rules. However, Chuck Norris does not have his own RPG line to the best of my knowledge...sorry fanboys/girls, just an example.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Palladin

foilfodder wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

I'll have to disagree with you on that thought. Conversion would be from one game system to another. Example - if I took materials from my Star Wars or Shadowrun RPG and began posting stats for characters like Han Solo, abilities like Jedi Powers or other materials from those game systems in a Palladium RPG format.

Particularly regarding real-life persons, there is no "conversion" involved. If someone were to say for example, "In the Chuck Norris RPG, Chuck has stats A, B, and C, so you should give him X, Y and Z from Ninja's and Superspies..." that would be a Conversion and against the rules. However, Chuck Norris does not have his own RPG line to the best of my knowledge...sorry fanboys/girls, just an example.

You should reread things because 'No Conversions' applies to ANY intellectual property out there, which would mean no converting Chun Li from Street Fighter to the Palladium system, at least not in the forums. It's not restricted just to converting something from another game system.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:02 pm

D-Bee

Nightmask wrote:
foilfodder wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

You should reread things because 'No Conversions' applies to ANY intellectual property out there, which would mean no converting Chun Li from Street Fighter to the Palladium system, at least not in the forums. It's not restricted just to converting something from another game system.

You mean this? http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 1&t=104657
Quote:
Posting the conversion (adaptation) of non-Palladium intellectual property to the Palladium Books game system will not be tolerated. Sorry. And in the same way,
Palladium property may not be converted to other game systems. For a longer explanation of this policy, read on.

While it says read on, the only section past that is 7. which discusses specifics of Palladium's intellectual properties. However, in the interest of actually having this thread be a creative inspiration rather than conversation that would bore law students...."poof", Chun Li is gone. I do appreciate your assistance with forums rules. If you have no further objections to the content of the post I would appreciate actual creative thoughts on the post subject if you have any.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???
How is writing up an ACTUAL PERSON a policy violation? JFC!

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: Where's the money?
Trooper Jim wrote:
How is writing up an ACTUAL PERSON a policy violation? JFC!

The original post said "real or fictional." It's that last part that's in violation.