Board index » SDC Worlds » Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™

Post subject: Containment Fabrication
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.
So, how do you figure the Containment Fabrication Gizmoteer skill program interacts with modern 3d Printing?

http://rpgcrank.blogspot.com/
Rifts Articles
General Palladium Articles

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Monk

I am going to presume you mean to make a new Skill Program because I have my book out in front of me and can't find such a S.P.

I would think that a new current day (2017's update) Giz.S.P. that focused on fabricating parts would include a CCN programing skill for programing milling and 3D printing devices.

Yes, I would have it a separate skill from 'computer programing' because it is a specialized use skill.

--------------------

I am also wondering if you mean ""how does the BGCS interacts with 2017's "modern" fabrication tech?""

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
Looking at the program (its on page 31 Drew)...
I would, personally, grant it Computer Programing (3-D Printer Templates) +20%

Of course I also, personally think all of the Gizzmoteer programs should get Jury Rig, Recycle, and Salvage at +20% as well so I might be overly generous with skills.

In any event I would say that they are going to be pretty skilled at designing new containers (its their program after all) and that the specific tool doesn't matter all that much. Putting a gizmo in a printed object is a "fabrication" after all.

It's RIFTS Earth; the impossible happens before breakfast, twice on Tuesdays. And if it hasn't, then the GM hasn't tried hard enough and the players are lazy. :D -DhAkael

Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts, Study Hard

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Monk

eliakon wrote:
Looking at the program (its on page 31 Drew)...
I would, personally, grant it Computer Programing (3-D Printer Templates) +20%

Of course I also, personally think all of the Gizmoteer programs should get Jury Rig, Recycle, and Salvage at +20% as well so I might be overly generous with skills.

In any event I would say that they are going to be pretty skilled at designing new containers (its their program after all) and that the specific tool doesn't matter all that much. Putting a gizmo in a printed object is a "fabrication" after all.

I see it now.

*shakes head & shrugs*
I sort of agree with Eli if one is talking about a game set in the present day (2010+) But not for a game that takes place in the 60's-70's era.

It is easier for GMs to make these changes to the game then for a canon revisement of the N&S mainbook, because it would change the time period of the game. If done in a time period scourcbooks I can see it happening because the whole reason for the updating book is to change things to reflect the time period being presented. I would hesitate suggesting such an update as a Rifter Article, but there are speed and fractur'ability (episodic/chapters/parts) RAs can do that a sourcebook would have trouble doing. Like having updates for the 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's in different rifters issues.

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork