Adding Monsters, Aliens, or Animals?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Adding Monsters, Aliens, or Animals?

Unread post by Jefffar »

I don't have my book handy so I can't give you a page reference, but if you go carefully through the book you should find information on Watchdogs and on a pretty nasty tiger.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Play Rifts.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

MaxxSterling wrote:Play Rifts.

Why? Maybe he wants to play Recon, with aliens.
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

I've thought about doing a Recon setup but do it with Xenomorphs from the Aliens series, doing a mock up of Colonial Marines. I've thought about doing Recon vs Zombies (still need headshots) and possibly doing a LRRP or other recon team against a Yautja/Hish (aka Predators) - I don't think it would be that hard. You just have to figure out how the stats would work. Zombies for instance - Low AL, now AG, high strength. No skills. Melee, always stabs.

I would, against zombies, and somehow their numbers overwhelmed firepower, or just got too close in surprise, use an evade tactic to keep away from their strikes and attack back with a double-tap to the head, preferably with a suppressed pistol.

Now, actually doing the conversions for those aforementioned movies/games/books... well that's something for you to do at home and not here.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Jefram_denkar
Rifts® Trivia Runner Up

Unread post by Jefram_denkar »

I've been working on that very idea for a while, seeing Recon ideal as a quick play alien hunting game. I was actually thinking about a mix of foes such as Giant alien bugs, 50's style martians, and some form of Xeno Morphs. A little tongue and cheek sure but I think Recon would be ideal for it.
I've got an advanced pre-rifts energy rifle, A soul drinking rune blade, living bio armor, and a hover truck full of nukes. So why do I feel under equipped for this??? (Sir Joe the Gardner 7th level Ogre Keeper of the garden on his first encounters with the Mechanoids)
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Glad I'm not the only one with crazy ideas.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”