Fake Soldiers

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Fake Soldiers

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Ok a real life encounter with a Marine Corporal who claimed to be with Marine Intelligence* in Somalia has gotten me thinking.

Has anyone ever put people who claim to be something they are not in their recon games. You know the guy who spent his Vietnam tour in the motorpool but when he gets a merc job he claims to be recon?

*among his many exploits was Stealing HMMWV starters from the Army, Stealing Encripted como cable from the Army then lieing about it to an Army officer, being lead intel guy for that Helocopter strike that started a roit that killed four journalists(he could only remember one journalist being killed) and being in the top ten shots for his division using an M16 with a bent barrel for five years straight.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
lather
Champion

Re: Fake Soldiers

Unread post by lather »

Nope. Cover stories, but that's not what you're talking about.
Dominique
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Dominique »

Rockwolf66 wrote:Has anyone ever put people who claim to be something they are not in their recon games. You know the guy who spent his Vietnam tour in the motorpool but when he gets a merc job he claims to be recon?

No, but now you've got me thinking. "What color is the boat house at Hereford?" :wink:
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men"
"No one assails me without punishment"
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

Dominique wrote:
Rockwolf66 wrote:Has anyone ever put people who claim to be something they are not in their recon games. You know the guy who spent his Vietnam tour in the motorpool but when he gets a merc job he claims to be recon?

No, but now you've got me thinking. "What color is the boat house at Hereford?" :wink:

There is no boat house in Hereford.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

warhawk wrote:Where exactaly is Hereford?

Hereford is in England and it's the HQ of the British SAS. Not that you will ever see many Active SAS members there as they work and train in other places around the UK. Notably selection which is in the breckan barons which is litterally over a mountain from where some of my kin grew up.

As for the other places its best not to remember when someone sees a book on one of his old units and says "Ah the boys from XXX".
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

And what movie is the question from?
Desert Rat
Wanderer

lather wrote:And what movie is the question from?

Seriously? :P Ronin
Dominique
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Dominique »

Rockwolf66 wrote:
warhawk wrote:Where exactaly is Hereford?

Hereford is in England and it's the HQ of the British SAS.

The 22 SAS has moved to a new local, back in 1999 they moved to Credenhill in Herefordshire.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men"
"No one assails me without punishment"
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Dominique wrote:The 22 SAS has moved to a new local, back in 1999 they moved to Credenhill in Herefordshire.

With as close as Credenhill is to Hereford, I don't think it is that much of a stretch to still refer to the home of 22 SAS as Hereford. After all, it's approximately 1 mile outside of Hereford.
DB 2.0
D-Bee

Unread post by DB 2.0 »

You know their are "Serious Types" that do the "Double Lie", they tell you they where something like "Data Com's" (IT Guy) or Line Infantry before they went to <Insert Elite> School and tell you a bunch almost blatant of lies about training and deployment so you wright them off as some idiot grunt trying to big note themselves, when they in truth went to some other Elite School and likely served in an entirely different part of the world doing some very serious work. like the guy that sais has done three or four tours of the Sandbox doing "A-Team" stunts, when in fact they have spent the last ten years doing Narco-Interdiction in Centeral & South America and the Caribbean or Indo-China.

but most of them are nothing but frauds.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Since this topic is several years old, the point is probably moot. Re: Fake Soldiers:

Ignore them.

Sometimes, I like to BS people and I like to use obscure media as my source. For instance:

I used to do body-guard work in Milan, Italy: I was watching this young girl named Pinta for her parents, who owned a textile company. She ended up getting kidnapped, but believe me, I made the Cantarella family bleed. My name is AJ, AJ Quinnell.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I have met a few "hand to hand" instructors for the "military" and watched them get pwned by 15 year olds. I also met a fake soldier who was slapped in the face repeatedly by a real marine until he admitted his lies.

As far as game wise, I think I just might. Lol

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”