Board index » SDC Worlds » Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat

Which of the following Recon products do you own?
Recon (original cover) 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Recon (color cover) 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Mission Director's Screen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
San Succi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haiphong H.A.L.O. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hearts & Minds 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sayaret 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Revised Recon 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Advanced Recon 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Deluxe Revised Recon 38%  38%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 26
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:04 pm

D-Bee

I thought it would be interesting to see which Recon products are owned by the various posters here, and to discuss them. Which do you own? Is there a supplement/version you like better than the rest? If so, why? What are you seeking to round out your collection?

For My part, I have

Recon (original cover)

Sayaret

Advanced Recon

Deluxe Revised Recon

I have ordered Revised Recon from Amazon, but haven't received it yet.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:46 am

D-Bee

I've only got the Delux Revisited Recon game, and that's just what I need.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Blind Spotter wrote:

Same here. I got it from one of the very first Christmas surprise packages. I mainly just got it to complete my PB collection but I have only used it a few times. Mainly for skills/skill descriptions weapons stats. Even though all the weapons are Vietnam era it gave me a nice baseline of stats and when combined with online statistics of modern weapons I was able to come up with game stats.

Never actually played Recon though.

Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:41 am

D-Bee

Warshield73 wrote:
Blind Spotter wrote:

Same here. I got it from one of the very first Christmas surprise packages. I mainly just got it to complete my PB collection but I have only used it a few times. Mainly for skills/skill descriptions weapons stats. Even though all the weapons are Vietnam era it gave me a nice baseline of stats and when combined with online statistics of modern weapons I was able to come up with game stats.

Never actually played Recon though.

Sounds cool. I've played a campaign that was over a year in Vietnam, and that was a blast! Really good campaign with lots of memorable characters and episodes.

For myself I've been throwing around lots of ideas, from a game with Cossack cavalry in the Russo-Japanese War to Russian Private Military Company in the post-Cold War world to back to a campaign of Russian Cossacks between the Russo-Turkish war or 1877-1878 to the Russian Civil War or as German Uhlans in the First World War, a French regiment between the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1871 to the French war in Indochina and more. I really love this system, probaby the best military rpg system I've played, but now I need to just decide on an idea and pull it off. But there are so many options. :(

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Adventurer

Just the Deluxe; though I do have Cyberpunk 2020's Chrome Berets, Firestorm II and Maximum Metal as well as Fasa's Centurion which provides a different outlook on war; also, I have VtM:PG vehicle combat system as well; yes, Vampire the Masquerade has a vehicle combat / war system!

Blind Spotter wrote:
Cossack cavalry in the Russo-Japanese War

Back in ought two I designed a scenario based off the Russo-Japanese war. I think I made a battle ground using Talsonsoft's Eastern Front graphics on a long dead desktop HD.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Hero

Peacebringer, which of those mass combat rules do you prefer? Or, do you use a homebrew system?

-STS

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:20 pm

Knight

Recon (color), Revised, Advanced, and Deluxe. If I stumbled across any of the others, I'd probably pick them up but I'm not really looking for anything.

I haven't played in years. We mostly stuck to generic urban settings without much in the way of real life/historical accuracy because one of the player's real life experiences. Once we did a zombie apocalypse and other times we might mix in supernatural elements.

Advanced is a great supplement. It improves the game substantially in my opinion.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Adventurer

slade the sniper wrote:
Peacebringer, which of those mass combat rules do you prefer? Or, do you use a homebrew system?

-STS

Depends on the theme of the game; WWI to '70s real war games: Recon. Near-future war games; Chrome Berets and or Firestorm with Maximum Metal and Cyberpunk 2020 for RPG elements; moral degeneration, WoD with their humanity stats; science fiction: Full Thrust or Interceptor/Centurion/Leviathan (I can tweak the rules there a lot).

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:37 am

D-Bee

Peacebringer wrote:

Blind Spotter wrote:
Cossack cavalry in the Russo-Japanese War

Back in ought two I designed a scenario based off the Russo-Japanese war. I think I made a battle ground using Talsonsoft's Eastern Front graphics on a long dead desktop HD.

I hope you won't mind if I ask if you got around to play it and how it went?

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 pm

Adventurer

Blind Spotter wrote:

I hope you won't mind if I ask if you got around to play it and how it went?

I don't think so; it was a spring, '02 weekend project that I might have moved on to something else.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Hero

Peacebringer wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:

-STS

Depends on the theme of the game; WWI to '70s real war games: Recon. Near-future war games; Chrome Berets and or Firestorm with Maximum Metal and Cyberpunk 2020 for RPG elements; moral degeneration, WoD with their humanity stats; science fiction: Full Thrust or Interceptor/Centurion/Leviathan (I can tweak the rules there a lot).

I have every one of those games... Right now I am trying to find a way to make a much faster operational level game to be played in the background that incorporates more than just combat.

-STS

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:00 am

Adventurer

slade the sniper wrote:

I have every one of those games...
Quote:

Awesome!

Quote:
Right now I am trying to find a way to make a much faster operational level game to be played in the background that incorporates more than just combat.

-STS

Cyperpunk is good for that same as Vampire:Dark Ages' mass combat system. Learning and playing a good mass combat system helps to resolve the issue leaving the players to focus on role playing rather than as so much combat as in Centurion / Battletech.