My friend, Erick Wujcik, has passed on

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

“Erick passed away as gentle as a snowflake.”

That’s how Kay Kozora, Erick’s ‘Beautiful Kate’ of nearly 30 years put it when she called with the sad news. She and other loved ones were present when Erick passed away, Saturday evening, June 7, 2008. A Press Release with more details can be found on the main page of Palladium's website. These are my personal thoughts.

I took the initial news pretty well, but an hour or so later I wept. I was glad two of my other best friends, Kathy and Alex, were at my side.

After the tears, I found myself smiling and even laughing at times, as I retold stories about Erick or thought about the many real world adventures he and I have shared. We were best friends – practically brothers. We inspired each other, pushed each other, and loved each other for nearly three decades. Even now it makes me smile to know that Erick donated his body to science. Of course he did. It’s so like him.

Ultimately, the tears I shed are for myself, because I already miss him so much it hurts. I’m selfish. I want my friend to be around for another 50 years, sending me emails, offering gaming ideas and sharing the laughter. Yup, that’s the selfish me. Ah, but the smiles and laughter, that’s Erick Wujcik. Though gone from this mortal coil, his presence is still deeply felt and making me grin so broadly that it hurts my cheeks. And that’s the way he’d want it.

What else is there to say about Erick Wujcik?

A million things! But don’t worry, I won’t write them all. Not here, not now. You can catch a glimpse of Erick’s life and beautiful spirit by reading the hundreds upon hundreds of accounts from people around the world on the special blog we started back in December, 2007 – erickwujcik.com

As for me, I’ll be fine. You see, I have a network of loving friends all ready to lend an ear or offer a shoulder to lean on. Thanks guys and gals. Most of all, I have the memories of my brilliant, fun, funny, and joyful friend Erick to make me smile. That part of Erick Wujcik remains alive, locked deep inside my heart, forcing up the smiles.

Yep, Erick makes me smile. Right now, I envision Erick tooling around Heaven, bouncing from cloud to cloud to see who might be available to chat with. I can see him hunting down his old pals, Dan La Flesh and Roger Zelazny, and then grabbing Leonardo Da Vinci, Gandhi, Confucius, a few Roman Emperors, some saints, sinners, and Chinese Geomancers, and sitting them down to play test a new game idea. And when they are done, they’ll take a walk and discuss the I Ching, game theory, nanotechnology and time travel. And knowing Erick, he’ll eventually turn the topic around to, “So guys, what can we do about helping out Palladium Books?”

With love and smiles,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Friend

© Copyright June 8, 2008 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”