AtB books that never quite made it

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: AtB books that never quite made it

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Yes Yes a thousand times yes. I want to see fan created ATB netbooks. maybe I'll get off my butt and finish what I started for the region where I live.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

I've been playing around with 'Mutants on the South China Seas - After the Bomb: South East Asia' for a few years now.

I've got short write ups of most of the local powers-that-be and places of interest, information on the Bugi Pirates, 28 new animal templates, 17 new purebred templates, 17 giant instects (wild and domesticated), half a dozen other 'monsters' and new education tables. Would still need to do new apprenticeships/skills, new psionics/'witch doctor' powers, tips and modifiers on playing in the region, regional weapons/equipment etc. and tie it all together. I think i'll end up giving up in a couple of years and just submitting the animals and purebreds to the Rifter instead!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Soldier of Od wrote:I've been playing around with 'Mutants on the South China Seas - After the Bomb: South East Asia' for a few years now.

I've got short write ups of most of the local powers-that-be and places of interest, information on the Bugi Pirates, 28 new animal templates, 17 new purebred templates, 17 giant instects (wild and domesticated), half a dozen other 'monsters' and new education tables. Would still need to do new apprenticeships/skills, new psionics/'witch doctor' powers, tips and modifiers on playing in the region, regional weapons/equipment etc. and tie it all together.

OMG OMG OMG! (sorry, fan boy freak out there). Is there any way I could convince you to send me a copy of what you've got so far? I'm sure your work is fantastic and would make a great series of Rifter articles, but the only issue with that is once you send it in for submission it becomes PB property (doesn't it?). That would prevent you from sharing it with anyone else, which would suck if they decide to delay or deny publishing it.

Soldier of Od wrote:I think i'll end up giving up in a couple of years and just submitting the animals and purebreds to the Rifter instead!

I understand you on this part. I started compiling ideas for a mini source book for the area I live in. Things got so complicated, and more questions arose each time I tried to narrow it down, that my brain went numb before I had anything firmly decided.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

Do we have a list of ATB netbooks? I had a list of rifts netbooks on my website (checking seems to net me that the server lost the file over the years so I can put it back up one day). I might have some on an old harddrive from years ago...although I don't remember.

I think the main deterrent to this sort of effort is that not many people care. I stopped posting details on the empire of domesticated animals thread, as no one seemed to care.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Soldier of Od
Hero

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
Soldier of Od wrote:I've been playing around with 'Mutants on the South China Seas - After the Bomb: South East Asia' for a few years now.

I've got short write ups of most of the local powers-that-be and places of interest, information on the Bugi Pirates, 28 new animal templates, 17 new purebred templates, 17 giant instects (wild and domesticated), half a dozen other 'monsters' and new education tables. Would still need to do new apprenticeships/skills, new psionics/'witch doctor' powers, tips and modifiers on playing in the region, regional weapons/equipment etc. and tie it all together.

OMG OMG OMG! (sorry, fan boy freak out there). Is there any way I could convince you to send me a copy of what you've got so far? I'm sure your work is fantastic and would make a great series of Rifter articles, but the only issue with that is once you send it in for submission it becomes PB property (doesn't it?). That would prevent you from sharing it with anyone else, which would suck if they decide to delay or deny publishing it.

Soldier of Od wrote:I think i'll end up giving up in a couple of years and just submitting the animals and purebreds to the Rifter instead!

I understand you on this part. I started compiling ideas for a mini source book for the area I live in. Things got so complicated, and more questions arose each time I tried to narrow it down, that my brain went numb before I had anything firmly decided.

Uh oh! Now i've mentioned it i might actually have to do something about it!

Sorry, but I don't think i'm ready to share any of it out yet. i'll take another look at my notes and get cracking!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Soldier of Od wrote:

Sorry, but I don't think i'm ready to share any of it out yet. i'll take another look at my notes and get cracking!

Well, when you are ready to share, pick me first. I won't reject you. I won't be able to publish you, but I certainly won't reject you. :)

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Soldier of Od
Hero

Soldier of Od wrote:

Well, when you are ready to share, pick me first. I won't reject you. I won't be able to publish you, but I certainly won't reject you. :)

Will do!

I'm actually in Cambodia right now! Doing 'research'. I'm learning a lot about Cambodian bars.
Rifter Contributor:
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

stonewall wrote:Anyone else on here ever try to write their own AtB book? I'm not talking about submitting something to the Rifter (although that sounds a lot easier in hindsight). I'm talking about putting together your own complete book and mailing it off to Palladium with a note attached that says "Here's a great book. Print it. P.S. Feel free to send me lots of money"

Maybe it was just my friends and I. Anyways, in the interest of providing you all with a good laugh I give you the AtB books that never quite made it:

Road Hogs II: The Agri-Mutants This was our first attempt and the only one that saw completion. 2 of my best friends and I all contributed. We mailed it off to Erick Wujick and waited for the riches and fame to start rolling in. We're still waiting. Maybe here's why:

The "book" consisted of two pages. One of which was the cover. Both were done in pencil on lined paper ripped out of a spiral notebook (although it was ripped out neatly!). I remember the cover having a cowboys and Indians style battle going on with bullets and arrows flying everywhere. The one page of text consisted of several new mutation backgrounds for use in the expanded world of Road Hogs. 2 that I can remember were "farmer" and "movie star".

Like I said, the project never got any traction in the marketplace. We did however recieve a very nice letter from Mr. Wujick. He thanked us for playing his game and sending him our work. He said that while Palladium wasn't interested in Road Hogs 2 at the moment, we should not be discouraged and keep working on our writing. I think we were in 3rd grade at the time.

We were disappointed but not defeated. Over the next few years our publishing company based out of the picnic table in the back yard would keep churning out the hits:

Sea Dogs alternate title Mutants of the South Seas- included all stats for playing all sorts of fish and other sea creatures as well as rules for constructing your own post-apocalyptic vessels and duking it out with them. The original book covered all of the seas and oceans the entire world over! Later we came back to this and tried to tackle the slightly less ambitious South Pacific. I've heard there's a rifter which covered making fish characters. I'd be interested in seeing how it compared to our rules.

Mutants of the Orient alternate title Mutants of the Rising Sun-This project covered what was left of Japan, China, and Southeast Asia in the After the Bomb world. Lots of new mutant animals were included as well as several adventures. I remember writing one where the PCs ran into a bunch of Snake warriors who lived in the Mekong Delta.

Mutants on Safari alternate title Mutants of the Dark Continent I left our little company after some creative differences over Mutants of the Orient. I'd been appointed "Art Director" and was responsible for approving all art submissions made by the partners. Some of my rejections didn't go over so well. Hey it's not my fault I have high standards! In anycase, I moved on and started my own independent project "I'll show those jerks! heheheh" Mutants on Safari covered all of Africa. It had lots of new mutant animals, including the okapi and the pigmy hippo. Weapons were all either ancient or blackpowder. I didn't get very far with the rest of it because my friends and I got over our little falling out and got back to playing TMNT with books that actually existed.

Hoped you enjoyed the trip down memory lane as much as I did. If you ever did something similar lets hear all about it.

Is t here any chance that you still have any of this information somewhere and would be willing to share it with the rest of us?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Any chance PB has your original submission filed away somewhere? I would think something like that, coming from some 3rd graders would have gotten the whole office attention and have been pinned up somewhere.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”