working on a rifter submission..

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

working on a rifter submission..

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i've begun ironing out some animal templates for ATB2, i have about 11 planned (most are chimera's)

i've considered adding some world wide creatures, i'm just kinda short on idea's and i lack the ATB1 books, so i'm not sure what has been done.

if you would like to help, list some animals that haven't been done (i'm really leaning towards Eurasia right now with some of the stuff i already have.)

UPDATE: just finished 9 of the templates.

Jackalope, Pegasus, Thracian Horse [carnivorous horse], Griffon, Unicorn [horse-rhino chimera], Emperor Penguin (improved from Rifter #18 ), Fairy Penguin, Rockhopper penguin, Cabbit [cat-rabbit chimera, housepet].
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

How about....Ski Bunnies?

Modified arctic hares with unusually large feet that they use to rapidly descend mountains to escape from predators?
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

on the Aardwolves, what would be the point of making that particular chimera?

in my thinking, you have 4 reasons for any chimera

1.) scientific research (shifter mice for example.)

2.) business (to be sold. like pets)

3.) entertainment (those gladiator chimera's from rifter #29, pleasure bunnies, zoological parks)

4.) just for the heck of it (a bunch of Gene-hackers decide to have fun one day.) this would be the least common reason, at least as far as population surviving.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Also note that the aardwolf isn't a chimera, it's a real animal.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Also note that the aardwolf isn't a chimera, it's a real animal.

ah, that would be my problem. given the millions of species out there, its hard to recognise more than a relative handful.

minor update.

i've dropped the cabbit (despite my best efforts it wound up way to close to its fictional inspiration, so i figured i'd not risk it. i may post it here though, since it is a whole different animal, its just not different enough for publication.)

the rest will be bundled together as Plains of freedom (a free cattle "expansion pack") with some paleo's and a few chimera's, and a misc. pack with the rest.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re:

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
the rest will be bundled together as Plains of freedom (a free cattle "expansion pack") with some paleo's and a few chimera's, and a misc. pack with the rest.

I want this!! Unfinished, unsubmitted, whatever. makes no difference to me.even if it is just a mass of unorganized notes. I would love for you to send it to me. Thank you in advance, you creative genius
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”