New Revised TMNT'ish book

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

New Revised TMNT'ish book

Unread post by Atroxadventurer »

I know this has been discussed a buncha ways, up down sideways lol etc,

But..

I've read and understand that there are legal binds that keep Palladium Books from straight up reprinting this old book, but
what if they were to take out the TMNT stuff,

Then, creatively, make a modern and/or 1980's(which would be really cool, putting the flavor in of the feel of the 80's, with the Frank whatchamacallit Dark-style that was original comic) setting ATB?

Basically, take information from ATB, then write some new adventures and NPC's/ideas from modern day setting.

I could be wrong, but I've noticed that a lot of Palladium fans are in their 30s and 40s, like myself, and would love a retro 1980's based game.

Take TMNT, take out the Turtles or anything that is Legally Copy Righted, then add back in the new material and feel that would appeal to old timers like me that lived/ or grew up in that time period.
Everyone probably had different interpretations or reasons for loving this game, but the whole gritty survival/being alienish to humanity, and all the adventure ideas that this would create is pretty awesome for story-feel in my opinion.

I think it might be workable, but who knows, shrug?
Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

Re: New Revised TMNT'ish book

Atroxadventurer wrote:I know this has been discussed a buncha ways, up down sideways lol etc,

But..

I've read and understand that there are legal binds that keep Palladium Books from straight up reprinting this old book, but
what if they were to take out the TMNT stuff,

Then, creatively, make a modern and/or 1980's(which would be really cool, putting the flavor in of the feel of the 80's, with the Frank whatchamacallit Dark-style that was original comic) setting ATB?

Basically, take information from ATB, then write some new adventures and NPC's/ideas from modern day setting.

I could be wrong, but I've noticed that a lot of Palladium fans are in their 30s and 40s, like myself, and would love a retro 1980's based game.

Take TMNT, take out the Turtles or anything that is Legally Copy Righted, then add back in the new material and feel that would appeal to old timers like me that lived/ or grew up in that time period.
Everyone probably had different interpretations or reasons for loving this game, but the whole gritty survival/being alienish to humanity, and all the adventure ideas that this would create is pretty awesome for story-feel in my opinion.

I think it might be workable, but who knows, shrug?

Heck, I'm sure someone could come up with a catchy name that would convey the coolness that was this original idea, without infringing on any legal issues.
Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

Lol, just remembering the stereotypical street punks (npcs) from that time:
Mohawks, switchblades, fingerless gloves, jean jackets with sleeves torn off etc.
Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

I submit that writing a little new material, then combining it with all Non-Mirage parts of original stuff, could be just as good, and maybe even better than original!
Especially if any of the original artists or writers could be brought back for this :)

Shoot, all the legally-clean stuff from all the books(including GTU, TransD, Adventure books) could even be combined into a big ATB-sized super book!

Case in point, I love the TMNT, but some of the characters/NPCs/Artwork that Palladium came up with was freaking awesome on it's own!
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

:ok: :mrgreen:
Atroxadventurer wrote:I submit that writing a little new material, then combining it with all Non-Mirage parts of original stuff, could be just as good, and maybe even better than original!
Especially if any of the original artists or writers could be brought back for this :)

Shoot, all the legally-clean stuff from all the books(including GTU, TransD, Adventure books) could even be combined into a big ATB-sized super book!

Case in point, I love the TMNT, but some of the characters/NPCs/Artwork that Palladium came up with was freaking awesome on it's own!
Atroxadventurer
Wanderer

Looks like you got a game going :)
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

Atroxadventurer wrote:Looks like you got a game going :)

Sure did and it is a fantastic group!
Listen to the show and share with your network on facebook, twitter, Instagram, ect. like the rest of the cool kids. They will love you for it.

Here is the link ... http://strangecorpseposse.blogspot.ca/

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”