TMNT rpg IP.

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

silverfoxdmt73
D-Bee

TMNT rpg IP.

Unread post by silverfoxdmt73 »

Can anybody tell me who owns the rights to the TMNT roleplaying games?

I know Rifts is getting the Savage Worlds treatment and I wonder if the same could happen to TMNT?
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: TMNT rpg IP.

Unread post by BookWyrm »

AFAIK, Mirage Publishing still owns the rights to TMNT; when Palladium gave TMNT & OS the 2nd Edition treatment, they couldn't use the property, so they revived After The Bomb, which uses the Palladium system but without the TMNT references & images.
In other words, Palladium owns the mechanics of the RPG, just not the TMNT parts.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
silverfoxdmt73
D-Bee

BookWyrm wrote:AFAIK, Mirage Publishing still owns the rights to TMNT; when Palladium gave TMNT & OS the 2nd Edition treatment, they couldn't use the property, so they revived After The Bomb, which uses the Palladium system but without the TMNT references & images.
In other words, Palladium owns the mechanics of the RPG, just not the TMNT parts.

So if anyone wanted to revive the TMNT line, they'd need to speak to Mirage Publishing rather than Palladium? or if they wanted to include the Bio-E system of generating mutations they'd need the agreement of both right?
silverfoxdmt73
D-Bee

Thanks BookWyrm.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

silverfoxdmt73 wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:AFAIK, Mirage Publishing still owns the rights to TMNT; when Palladium gave TMNT & OS the 2nd Edition treatment, they couldn't use the property, so they revived After The Bomb, which uses the Palladium system but without the TMNT references & images.

So if anyone wanted to revive the TMNT line, they'd need to speak to Mirage Publishing rather than Palladium? or if they wanted to include the Bio-E system of generating mutations they'd need the agreement of both right?

To use the TMNT name, characters, and related artwork(i assume) they would have to talk to Mirage Publishing. So no turtles, splinter, april oneal, casey jones, foot clan, or shredder (nothing that can be tied to the TMNT property/license) can be used without the permission or the license holder.

EVERYTHING else about the game is owned by Palladium.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
silverfoxdmt73
D-Bee

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”