Lego Figures

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dulsi
Wanderer

Lego Figures

Unread post by dulsi »

When playing RPGs, I grown to like having a miniature to represent my character. I don't necessarily need a battlemat with exact movements but I like having the physical representation. The studded plate blog had a couple of posts on using lego minifigures. My son really liked the Legends of Chima Lego theme. It has various anthropomorphic animals. I started to think about what game they could be used in. Given the limited selection of animals available you might not be able to satisfy all your players if you used minifigures. If you wanted bigger than normal characters you would only have the mammoths unless you brick built the character instead. But Lego has produced other anthropomorphic animals outside Legends of Chima. The TMNT line had turtles, rats, and big dog and spider figures. Ninjago has snakes. Marvel Superheroes has Rocket Raccoon. The collectible minifigures have various people in animal costumes which could be used after replacing the head inside to be blank black or something. If you want to spend alot for a figure the Quick bunny had a figure produced at one point.
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Lego Figures

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Battle Beasts were always my mini of choice.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I enjoy collecting and painting minis as a hobby unto itself. Never cared for lego minifigs, but Greebo Games and a few other companies make 28mm models that would fit the theme.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

I haven't done so with ATB, but I've used them for Rifts and Nightbane. Between Chima, Ninjago, and random ones, you can make some great Nightbane figures.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
dulsi
Wanderer

Unread post by dulsi »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Battle Beasts were always my mini of choice.

Good choice. You don't have the ability to find anything larger than others but not really that important. I actually pulled out my Battle Beasts recently to show the kids. The bag had holes in it. Counted 7 weapons for 8 figures. The last weapon must be loose in the box I found the bag in.
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I've used Lego figures for placement and what not for RPG's for a while now. With their mini fig line you can get all sorts. From Farmers and pizza guys all the way to full out Medusae with snake tails and snake hair, the next wave they're even having a faul/satyr with goat legs. They're on their.. 16th wave of just the mini figures you can get in singles, with like 16 to 20 per wave. Samuri to space men, robots to sasquatch and Yeti.

I've got one of those huge christmas popcorn tin's full of them. They're great. Not just for ATB but for pretty much any RPG stuff. They're small so you can draw maps on paper or what have you and use the figures for placement and with all the options you can likely find something that looks like your char in some way.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”