Autumn 2015: season 3 finale of TMNT

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Autumn 2015: season 3 finale of TMNT

Unread post by Tor »

So I just finished watching "Annihilation". I'll avoid discussing details since I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it..

But let's just say, the episode directly preceding it (X in the sewers) had me returning to Turtles Guide to the Universe and marking out like mad.

Annihilation only made this better.

"Terror by Transmat" takes on particular coolness. Cool to think how my April 1990 Third Printing of TGTTU is still relevant 25 years later.

I did happen to notice something strange though, comparing the stats of TCRI aliens / Utroms (known in the 2012 series as The Kraang) on page 14 to page 106 of my January 2000 Fourteenth Printing of 'Other Strangeness'.

It appears that Erick Wujcik changed the stats for the 'average' Utrom along the way. I'm not sure how to take this. I figure th ones in GTTU are for the species overall while the ones in the core book are for the ones visiting earth?

It's interesting what that might say about these explorers. Notably:
*a lower average IQ
*a higher average ME
*a lower average MA
*a higher average PS
*a lower average PP
*a higher average PE
*a higher average Spd
*not sure about PB because they aren't assigned beauty in GTTU

So it seems like the earth explorers are tougher (more enduring mentally/physically) and stronger/faster, but they're a bit dumber, clumsier and less trusted. Could they be outcasts, brutes looked down upon?

This could actually fit with an interesting dichotomy introduced by Annihilation, something which the 2003 series also touched upon, a splitting of the ranks between different ideologies of Utrom.

I will just end on this related image.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”