Can bats have 4 hands?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shark_Force
Palladin

Can bats have 4 hands?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Hi All, just getting interested in after the bomb recently, and i noticed something that seemed a bit weird.

pretty much all the birds talk about how they can't have extra arms if they have partial or full hands on the wings. bats, in comparison, lack the explicit statement that it is not possible and further state "applicable even with arms and hands" for the partial and full hands on wings options.

so does this mean that a bat can (theoretically) have 4 hands? i mean, it's kinda prohibitively expensive to do so (and bats kinda have other things i'd probably want to buy first), but it looks like it can actually be done...

and, if so, what exactly does having 4 hands do for you?
Rali
Hero

Re: Can bats have 4 hands?

Unread post by Rali »

Both partial and full hands state "Applicable even with arms and hands", so I would have to say yes.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Cedric Caleb
D-Bee
Comment: It's been quite awhile since I last visited the site. Back then I was Reid's Ranger so if anyone remembers me.

Unread post by Cedric Caleb »

Extra limbs (20 Bio-E) for a set of fully developed arms and hands is already an option. And I imagine the presumption is that one pair are in the wings. Really, this is more of the GMs call how they choose to play that decision; I'd hate to rules lawyer over a point just because something is or isn't written in the book.

As to the idea of four hands, I would likely refer to either PFRPG: Monsters and Animals or Rifts Conversion Book and review the Rahu Man to include bonuses and penalties that come with skills and combat for the extra arms; and of course go over it with the GM to okay.
Rather than putting up another Gamers or GM looking for Game I guess I should post here. Looking to Play or GM an AtB game on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Keeping Saturday open for table game campaign.

Also, I may be away for a week or so around 06-15 APR 15, due to wife having another death in her family.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I would treat the wings as oversized hands.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”