I wish AtB was more supported/popular

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

I wish AtB was more supported/popular

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I am a long time fan of the mutant animals game. My first real RPG was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness.

Over the years when I play Rifts I always play a psychic or mutant animal. I never like to play a human, I am one of them everyday.

But its been so long since Eric passed away and nothing but some rifter material has come along. I personally wish they would compile a mutant book with just the animals and update them to the current setting. Also would be nice for more books.

I wish also that Palladium could get tmnt rights again.
Rali
Hero

Re: I wish AtB was more supported/popular

Unread post by Rali »

If interest eventually wanes in Rifts, Zombies and Robotech, maybe Kevin will test the waters again with the AtB material.

Franctly, with the rise in popularity of super-hero movies, I'm surprised that he hasn't tried to push more interest in the Heroes Unlimited brand. And since AtB is now an offshoot of HU, that would have leveraged a possible revival on our favorite setting. Especially with the surprising success of Guardians of the Galaxy, which included a raccoon as a main cast member.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Cedric Caleb
D-Bee
Comment: It's been quite awhile since I last visited the site. Back then I was Reid's Ranger so if anyone remembers me.

Unread post by Cedric Caleb »

With the activity here on the boards, what makes you feel like AtB isn't well supported? Perhaps more discussion of it involving the Rifter Forums would supply more support. Perhaps even selecting a location that has no World Book yet and start a discussion on what to do with it? Really shouldn't it be about applying our imagination to the world we play in rather than relying solely on Palladium for ideas? I hope this is being read in a way to encourage rather than making anyone feel like I am targeting them. Instead of wishing, why not start with some comment upon those issues already posted, like what to do with 'Mutants in Orbit' for updates? Perhaps look into Mutants of India and how all of the critter gods may play apart in how animals their have mutated? Just some thoughts in and of themselves.
Rather than putting up another Gamers or GM looking for Game I guess I should post here. Looking to Play or GM an AtB game on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Keeping Saturday open for table game campaign.

Also, I may be away for a week or so around 06-15 APR 15, due to wife having another death in her family.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

An area with no world book. Uhh that area would be the Entire Interior (from the can/us border all the way down to the gulf of mexico) of the US from the Rocky Mts to the Appalachian Mts.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Cedric Caleb
D-Bee
Comment: It's been quite awhile since I last visited the site. Back then I was Reid's Ranger so if anyone remembers me.

AtB Mid-West!
Rather than putting up another Gamers or GM looking for Game I guess I should post here. Looking to Play or GM an AtB game on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Keeping Saturday open for table game campaign.

Also, I may be away for a week or so around 06-15 APR 15, due to wife having another death in her family.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Pepsi Jedi and..someone else who's name is very important but I can't recall at the moment have some material on here about a plains of free cattle sourcebook. it's unedited, uncompiled, and incomplete, but what they have is pretty awesome. I started working on some info for my little area of Indiana, but was quickly overwhelmed with ideas with too little structure. Maybe someday I'll revisit it when I can figure out how to focus
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Cedric Caleb
D-Bee

I would definitely want to go back and review what others have been doing. Thanks for the info Nate.

Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

The sad reality is that games that don't recieve consistent, new, widely distributed and promoted material tend to flounder. The After the a bomb world has plenty of room for more offical material. I would buy all of it.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

Unread post by Mechanurgist »

I don't mind that's it not supported these days. The old games are jewels that hold up remarkably well. I don't like a lot of the changes that were made in AtB v2 (added a lot of rules bloat) and I don't want to see 25 new "world books" for each part of the known world. Ruins the mystery, really; part of the fun of a post-apoc world is never knowing what's out there beyond a few towns. There's enough info to run adventures and make up your own stuff for what's out there, which is what I like doing.
New After the Bomb Adventure: Rendezvous in N'Yak
Old After the Bomb Adventure: Northern Lights
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I like the old tmnt physical prowess bonuses. Lol.

The system is 100% compatible with heroes unlimited 2.
Mutant Animals vs Mutant Humans, since both can be converted to rifts, vs Rifts.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”