Kaiju in AtB2

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Kaiju in AtB2

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I was looking through a website and it got me thinking. Here's the website: http://kaijucombat.com/wiki/doku.php?id ... nster_list.
Now, what I was thinking is thus: What kind of Kaiju would you have in your game? And how would you go about doing the combat for them, let alone represent them (I.E. all energy based attachs as one, all claw attacks as another, etc.)??

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Cedric Caleb
D-Bee
Comment: It's been quite awhile since I last visited the site. Back then I was Reid's Ranger so if anyone remembers me.

Re: Kaiju in AtB2

Unread post by Cedric Caleb »

Kaiju are Godzilla type monsters. 40 story high leviathans putting one into the game would be a little awkward. Really it would be more of a plot piece to try and find something to lure the monster away are cause it to be restored to humanoid size before it leveled a city.
Rather than putting up another Gamers or GM looking for Game I guess I should post here. Looking to Play or GM an AtB game on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Keeping Saturday open for table game campaign.

Also, I may be away for a week or so around 06-15 APR 15, due to wife having another death in her family.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

It'd at least make a little bit more interesting as the characters try to deal with it. Mind you, said characters would be higher in level.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

If I had one in mine it would probably be a genetically engineered whale (or a whale/squid chimera) and I'd call it Leviathan. It would be the product of an offshore artificial-island nation that would be using it to clear the way for an invasion.

Combat would be futile, and just annoy Leviathan. No real damage would be inflicted and it would be able to regenerate what little anyone could do. I wouldn't even bother trying to calculate the damage it did, just noting that anything that gets in its way (buildings, forests, vehicles) are quickly destroyed.

To give the characters time to address and deal with this menace, I'd only allow Leviathan to remain out of the ocean for an hour or two at a time. This would allow them time to track deal with the story elements that will lead them to discover who is controlling the beast, why they are attacking, and how to defeat or destroy it.

The end fallout from this would be that the nation is invaded by the Empire and Cardania and the scientists eventually end up spread all over the place creating new Kaiju for ever nation and despot that can get their hands on one of the fleeing scientists and offer them sanctuary and a working lab.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”