The Ouroboros Project (Transdimensional TMNT Idea)

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Danger Man
Wanderer
Comment: “Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.” -- Groucho Marx

The Ouroboros Project (Transdimensional TMNT Idea)

Unread post by Danger Man »

I've taken some of my inspiration from the Irwin Allen 1960s The Time Tunnel series and the rest from other time/dimensional travel sources. The basic premise of the (potential) campaign is the characters would be on the run from a top secret, black ops government time tunnel organization. One of the characters (or allied NPC) will have an experimental time travel (and/or cross-dimensional) device that the Ouroboros Project wants back. The Ouroboros Project is also interested in studying any mutant animal (especially those mutated by temporal energy).

BACKGROUND

The Ouroboros Project is a Top Secret American government project whose mandate is to research temporal physics and the possibility of time travel. The project originally started in 1958 as a government study paper about the possibility of time travel. In October 1959, President Dwight D. Eisenhower was impressed by the study group that he set up a small top secret organization known as the Time Committee to make the hypothetical properties of the study into reality.

As time went on, the Time Committee was largely forgotten about by Washington and would have faded into obscurity if it wasn't for the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962. The Head of the Time Committee, Dr. Richard Newman, proposed that should the conflict with the U.S.S.R. lead to full nuclear war, then the time tunnel project of the Time Committee could be weaponized to hamper or neutralize the U.S.S.R. completely.

President John F. Kennedy revamped the Time Committee's mandate and expanded their budget and resources. The name of the project officially became the Ouroboros Project and building of the top secret base in the Arizona desert was started. By 1963, the secret base had finished construction and the building of the Temporal Threshold had begun. Animals were used as test subjects by the Project. Within days of JFK's assassination, the budget and technical details of the Project were finalized and set up to run independently from Washington. After JFK's death, the Ouroboros Project step up their Threshold experiments with live animal subjects.

By 1965, the Temporal Threshold had shown limited success and the project was in full swing. The whole operation was protected by its black operations budget and secrecy. Since JFK, no president has known of the project. Only a select few in the C.I.A. and the military knew of its existence. The project's size, scope and budget grew with each passing year and by 1975, it had quadrupled in size. New scientific advances were coming from the research into temporal energies and temporal warfare. The original head of Project's Temporal Research, Dr. William Grover, disappeared into the dimensional winds during a malfunction of the Threshold. He has since been replaced by his assistant, Dr. Grace Emerson.

By 1985, the Ouroboros Project expanded its mandate and began research into cross-dimensional physics with the arrival of Dr. Leyland Hastings to the Ouroboros Project. As a direct result of Hastings' research and technology advances, the Temporal Threshold was renamed the Multi-Dimensional Threshold.

By 1994, the project added a bio-engineering division to create, control, and study all potential mutations that occurred from the temporal energies associated with time travel. Bio-engineering and nano-techology studies were also included in the Project's scope. The bio-engineering division division was placed under the control of noted geneticist, Dr. George Mitchell.

By 2000, a para-military force was created to protect the secrecy of the Project and to make sure any mutant animal escapees were apprehended without the public learning of their existence. This force consisted of the Recall Teams (a force specializing in tracking and recapturing escaped targets) and the Defence Corps (force specializing in the defence of the project's base).

The base for The Ouroboros Project is huge and located underground in the Arizona desert, with no visible entry. The only way in is a large secret panel; when it opened a car could quickly go through the entrance into an underground parking area. From there is the access elevators to the actual complex deep in the ground. Once the entrance panel is closed, only the ordinary desert is visible. The base is a futuristic series of complexes 400 floors deep and employing over 24,000 people. It is under the command of Lt. General Whit Hotchkiss. The center of the base is the control room, known as the "Clock Tower," where the time tunnel is located.
Last edited by Danger Man on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: The Ouroboros Project (Transdimensional TMNT Idea)

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

YES!!!!

my only request is that if you ever write this out as a campaign the way you did with red in tooth and claw is that you pay special attention to the arrangement of the text. There are some parts of red in tooth and claw that are a little wonky to follow. but other than that your work is great and I cannot wait to see what this will lead to
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

This seems really cool.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Danger Man
Wanderer
Comment: “Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.” -- Groucho Marx

I picture the campaign as a romp through time and other dimensions with the Player Characters being chased by Ouroboros Project agents and having to deal with friendly and hostile locals (of a specific time period or dimension). Speaking of Ouroboros Project agents... I present Recall Troopers who are the Project's primary force sent to retrieve any escape test animals and/or equipment.

TYPICAL RECALL TROOPERS
Alignment: Any evil or selfish alignment
Attributes: All Recall Troopers have a minimum I.Q. of 8, a minimum P.S. of 10, and a minimum P.E. of 11.
Size Level: 7, 8, or 9
Height: Generally, 5 ft. to 6 ft.
Hit Points: Equal to P.E.
S.D.C.: Average of 20
Hard Armour Vest: A.R. 12, S.D.C. 120
Chi: Equal to P.E.
Disposition: Cold, aggressive
Appearance: Athletic humans, of all races, wearing grey military uniforms with a black Ouroboros symbol on shoulders. When active out in the field, they wear black hard armour vest.
Powers: None
Psionics: None
Level of Experience: 3rd level.
Skills: Detect Concealment (40%), Land Navigation (48%), Military Etiquette (45%), Pilot: Automobile (96%/90%), Pilot: Truck (68%), Radio: Basic (60%), Radio: Scramblers (50%), Read Sensory Equipment (50%), W.P. Automatic (Assault) Rifle, W.P. Blunt, W.P. Pistol, and W.P. Sub-Machinegun.
Combat Skills: Expert Hand to Hand Commando (Agent)
Attacks per Melee: 3
Bonuses: +2 to pull/roll with punch or fall, +2 to parry/dodge.
Equipment: Hard armour vest (A.R. 12, S.D.C. 120), 5.56mm M16A2 assault rifle (3D6 damage, 30 round mag.) plus one extra magazine, police truncheon (1D6 damage), and a Beretta M9 automatic pistol (3D6 damage, 15 round box magazine) plus one extra magazine.
Last edited by Danger Man on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danger Man
Wanderer

And here is a potential PC/NPC. I'm using the same house rules as in my After the Bomb Campaign Ideas thread found here.

MIZUSHIMA
Real Name: Animal Test Subject #16857-A39, a.k.a. Sumiko Mizushima
Animal Type: Chameleon
Alignment: Scrupulous
Attributes: I.Q. 11, M.E. 12, M.A. 13, P.S. 12, P.P. 12, P.E. 18, P.B. 12, Spd. 27.
Size Level: 6, Weight: 63 lbs., Height: 4' 4"
Hit Points: 24, S.D.C.: 51, Chi: 23
Disposition: Calm, cultured, optimistic, passionate, stubborn, and opinionated.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Full, Speech – Full, Looks – Partial.
Powers: Chameleon Camouflage (+25% to Prowl), Prehensile Tail (partial hand)
Natural Weapons: None
Level of Experience: 1st
Level of Education: Special Training
Scholastic Bonus: Special (+5% to Secondary Skills)
Occupation: Fugitive from the Ouroboros Project, Multi-Dimensional Resistance Member
Scholastic Skills: Calligraphy (35%), Detect Ambush (40%), Escape Artist (30%), Language: English (80%), Language: Japanese (55%), Mathematics: Basic (80%), Philosophy: Zen (80%), Ukio-E (35%), and Wilderness Survival (40%).
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), Automotive Mechanics (45%), Climbing (55%/35%), Pilot: Automobile (85%/78%), Pilot: Motorcycle (55%), Radio: Basic (55%), Running, Swimming (55%), W.P. Pistol, and W.P. Sub-Machinegun.
Combat Skills:
Martial Art Form: Sankukai Karate
Attacks per Melee: 2
Martial Art Powers: Art of Stealth (75%/70%), Art of Hiding (68%).
Bonuses: +3 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +2 to parry/dodge, +1 to rear attacks (backward sweep, backhand strike), critical strike from behind, +1 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage).
Other Abilities: Trust/intimidate 25%, +7% to save vs. coma/death, +2 to save vs. poison/magic, and charm/impress 10%.
Background: Mizushima (as she would later become known) was an experimental test animal used in testing the Ouroboros Project's time tunnel. After being sent backwards in time, she picked up sufficient temporal energy to mutate into her current form. After her mutation, she spent three years as a caged experimental animal until she managed to escape.

Mizushima travelled through the Arizona desert on the run from Recall Troopers sent by the Ouroboros Project to recapture her. Using her chameleon camouflage she was able to elude the search teams and make her way to Tuscan where she found shelter in a walled home on the city's outskirts.

Inside the home's walls, she found a beautiful garden. She drank from the small stream and passed out amongst the vegetation. She was found by the home's owner, a kind old Japanese-American man named Shingo Mizushima. He was a retired landscaper who spends his time tending to his garden enclave. He befriended and named the mutant chameleon, Sumiko (after his dearly departed daughter). He taught her Sankukai Karate and how to read and write. He viewed her as a daughter and raised her as his own.

A decade and half passed as Sumiko grew and learn under the tutelage of Shingo Mizushima. The peace and tranquility came to an abrupt end as Recall Troopers stormed the home during a night time raid and killed Shingo as they attempted to capture Sumiko but she was able to escape once more. She has vowed revenge against the Ouroboros Project for this transaction and she plans on destroying them before they can destroy her. She has since met up with several like minded individuals who are on the run from the Ouroboros Project and their Recall Troopers.
Last edited by Danger Man on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danger Man
Wanderer

Another potential PC/NPC.

URSUS
Animal Type: Black Bear
Attributes: I.Q. 11, M.E. 9, M.A. 11, P.S. 28, P.P. 13, P.E. 18, P.B. 10, Spd. 26.
Size Level: 7, Weight: 91 lbs., Height: 5' 1"
Hit Points: 22, S.D.C.: 41, Chi: 18
Chain Mail: A.R. 13, S.D.C.: 44
Disposition: Confident, loyal, methodical, perfectionist, stoic, proud, and vindictive against those who have wronged him.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped - Full, Speech – Full, Looks – None.
Natural Weapons: 1D10 Bite
Level of Education: Literate (can read and write Latin) with no formal education.
Scholastic Bonus: None
Occupation: Fugitive, from the Ouroboros Project, Multi-Dimensional Resistance Member, ex-Roman Legionnaire
Scholastic Skills: History: Roman (40%), Language: Latin (80%), Mathematics: Basic (80%), W.P. Forked, W.P. Large Shield, W.P. Short Sword, and W.P. Spear.
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), First Aid (50%), Language: English (55%), Prowl (%), Running, and W.P. Rifle/Shotgun.
Combat Skills:
Martial Art Form: Hand to Hand: Basic
Bonuses: +3 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +1 to parry/dodge, +13 hand to hand damage, +1 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage).
Other Abilities: Trust/intimidate 15%, +7% to save vs. coma/death, +2 to save vs. poison/magic, and charm/impress 5%.
Background: Appius Terentius Ursus, or more commonly just Ursus, was a random mutation who was born in 12 B.C.. He lived on the outskirts of humanity until he was adopted by a Roman Legionnaire who taught Ursus to fight and to read and write. Ursus became a mascot of the Legion and was well treated until his “master” was killed in battle. Ursus was forced to flee for his life.

As Ursus wandered the wilderness, he suddenly found the surrounding landscape had begun to swirl around him. Unknown to Ursus at the time, he had been snatched by the Ouroboros Project and lifted from his own time and transported to the present. The Threshold had a malfunction and dropped Ursus outside of the Project's interior complex. He is being chased by Recall Troopers sent by the Ouroboros Project as they want him for further study.
Last edited by Danger Man on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danger Man
Wanderer

THE MULTI-DIMENSIONAL THRESHOLD:

The Multi-Dimensional Threshold (or just the 'Threshold') is a large, impressive piece of technology. The mouth of the time tunnel is 30 ft. across and 18 ft. high. The tunnel itself is 25 ft. deep with alternating bands of red and blue on the inside. When the Threshold is in use, the alternating bands are replaced with a multi-coloured swirling vortex. The Threshold is flanked on both sides by rows of computers. Across from the Threshold's opening is the primary bank of computers which control the tunnel's operations. Installed within the computers is a Temporal Energy Sensor (+15% to the success of any roll for the time tunnel) and a Cross-Dimensional Disturbance Detector (+20% chance when jumping directly into an emitting signal; +5% to a signal that has been recorded but has since faded away).

The Multi-Dimensional Threshold: A.R. 5, S.D.C.: 350

Temporal Gate: Which opens a two-way opening into another time. The opening lasts for 14 minutes.
Recharge Time: A hour of recharging is needed between portal openings.
Maximum Area of Effect: 25 ft. diameter sphere.
Chance of Malfunction: Operator must roll under skill level. A malfunction never results in a wrong destination but instead wrecks the Threshold's calibration, requiring a complete reset that takes 4D6 hours.

Within the last decade, the Threshold has been upgraded to allow cross-dimensional capability. The Threshold can be set for either time travel or cross-dimensional travel, but not both at the same time.

Cross-Dimensional Gateway Generator: Which opens a portal to an alternate dimension. The opening will last for 20 minutes.
Recharge Time: A hour of recharging and re-calibration is needed for another dimensional portal.
Maximum Area of Effect: 25 ft. diameter sphere.
Chance of Malfunction: Operator must roll under skill level. In case of malfunction, roll percentile dice on the following table:

01-15 Generator shuts down. Must be recharged and re-calibrated.
16-00 Opens to the wrong dimension. Roll for random dimension.

Cheers,
Tim
Last edited by Danger Man on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Great stuff!

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

you might want to change that time machine name and description.. it pretty much would be a conversion, which is a no no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_Tunnel

http://theredlist.com/media/database/fi ... edlist.jpg
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Change "Time Tunnel" to "Temporal & Dimensional-Shift Corridor", more commonly known as the "Corridor".
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Danger Man
Wanderer

I'm definitely using some ideas from the old Time Tunnel series (since it is one of my sources of inspiration) but it is not a direct conversion. For starters, I am not using any of the characters from the TV series. I'm using a time tunnel that has been later updated to allow cross-dimensional travel which the Time Tunnel in the TV series could not do. The government black ops agency in my campaign are the bad guys and are nothing like the organization presented in the TV series. In the TV series, the time travel project was called "Project Tic-Toc." In my campaign, it is called "The Ouroboros Project." The player characters will be on the run from the Ouroboros Project but they won't be unstuck in time (unlike Tony and Doug from the Time Tunnel). In fact, they will have their own stolen time/cross-dimensional device (which the Ouroboros Project wants back).

With all that said, I can see using the name time tunnel (even though I was using it in the generic sense) can cause confusion. I'll switch it to something like 'The Multi-Dimensional Threshold' (or MDT the 'Threshold' for short).

Cheers,
Tim
Last edited by Danger Man on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danger Man
Wanderer

BookWyrm wrote:Change "Time Tunnel" to "Temporal & Dimensional-Shift Corridor", more commonly known as the "Corridor".

Thanks for the suggestion, BookWyrm. As you can see, I went with a similar idea but instead of Corridor, I went with Threshold.

Cheers,
Tim
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Your description of the "Multi-Dimensional Threshold" reminds me somewhat of the time travel technology secretly developed in the Heroes Unlimited sourcebook Century Station, called The Korashi Time Platform (page 70). But theirs seemed (to me) to be more inspired by the time travel device from the book/movie Timeline rather than a TV show.

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Danger Man wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:Change "Time Tunnel" to "Temporal & Dimensional-Shift Corridor", more commonly known as the "Corridor".

Thanks for the suggestion, BookWyrm. As you can see, I went with a similar idea but instead of Corridor, I went with Threshold.

Cheers,
Tim

No worries. :)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Danger Man
Wanderer

TYPICAL HOUNDS

The Hounds are a breed of mutant bloodhound that have been specially created by the Ouroboros Project's Bio-Engineering Division. They were created to work with the Recall Troopers to increase the overall efficiency of tracking down any escapees. There are generally 1D4 Hounds for each Recall Trooper squad. From birth, the Hounds are taught obedience training and specific skills to highlight their function. It is forbidden to teach the Hounds literacy or any weapon skills.

Animal Type: Bloodhound
Alignment: Any
Attributes: I.Q. 11, M.E. 12, M.A. 10, P.S. 13, P.P. 15, P.E. 14, P.B. 11, Spd. 15.
Size Level: 5, Height: Generally, 3 ft. to 4 ft.
Hit Points: 28, S.D.C.: 36, Chi: 14
Disposition: Each hound will have their own personality traits. All bloodhounds are extremely loyal to their handlers. This obedience training starts early in their lives.
Appearance: Typical bloodhound appearance with a wrinkled face and long, droopy ears. When out in public, the Hounds will act as normal dogs and will only reveal their true nature if ordered by their handler.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Partial, Speech – Partial, Looks – None.
Powers: Advanced Smell (+15% to Tracking)
Psionics: Animal Speech, Detect Psionics
Natural Weapons: 1D4 Claws, 1D6 Teeth
Level of Experience: 3rd level
Level of Education: Special Training (minimal skills, illiterate)
Scholastic Skills: Detect Ambushes (50%), Detect Concealment (40%), Land Navigation (48%), Prowl (54%), Swimming (66%), and Tracking (55%).
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), First Aid (60%), and Radio: Basic (60%).
Combat Skills:
Martial Art Form: Hand To Hand: Bloodhound (see below)
Attacks per Melee: 3
Bonuses: +2 to pull/roll with punch or fall, +2 to strike, +1 to parry/dodge, +1 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage).
Equipment: None.

Hand To Hand Bloodhound: An advanced form of unarmed combat specially tailored to the Bloodhound's natural weaponry and skills. This includes Automatic Parry, Pull Punch, Roll with Punch/Fall, Knock-Out/Stun, Critical Strikes and Death Blow. It does NOT include the ability to do any kick attack, Jump Kick or Leap Attack. All bonuses are accumulative.

Hand to Hand Bloodhound Skill Levels
Level 1 +2 to pull/roll with punch/fall
2 +2 to strike
3 +1 attack per melee
4 +2 to parry/dodge
5 +3 to damage
6 Critical strike on a natural 19 – 20
7 +1 attack per melee
8 Knock-out/stun on a natural 19 – 20
9 Critical strike from behind
10 +2 to strike
11 +2 to damage
12 +1 attack per melee
13 +2 to parry/dodge
14 +2 to damage
15 Death blow on a natural 20

Cheers,
Tim
Danger Man
Wanderer

This will be the NPC that brings the PCs together to act as a resistance force against the Ouroboros Project and other threats. I still need to work on his cross-dimensional prototype device (which has been further modified during his stay with the Ouroboros Project).

MANAGGEN
Animal Type: Hominidon
Alignment: Principled
Attributes: I.Q. 28, M.E. 11, M.A. 11, P.S. 17, P.P. 13, P.E. 14, P.B. 9, Spd. 23.
Size Level: 8, Weight: 145 lbs., Height: 5' 3"
Hit Points: 16, S.D.C.: 54, Chi: 14
Disposition: Benevolent, compassionate, courageous, dedicated, practical, ambitious, calculating, opinionated, and manipulative. He has had to hide his true nature under a stoic demeanour for so long that it has become second nature to him.
Appearance: Managgen has a forward thrusting jaw, a flat nose, a low, sloping forehead, and a massive bony brow over the eyes. His body is lean and muscular with thick hair covering most of it.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Full, Speech – Full, and Looks – Partial.
Powers: Extraordinary Intelligence Quotient (I.Q.)
Level of Experience: 5th
Level of Education: Doctorate in Cross-Dimensional Physics
Scholastic Skills: Anthropology (70%), Astrophysics (65%), Boxing, Chemistry (85%), Computer Operation (95%), Computer Programming (75%), Cross-Dimensional Physics (60%), Cross-Dimensional Piloting and Navigation (60%), Cross-Dimensional Trans-Location Device Mechanics (75%), Fencing (+1 to strike and parry), History: 21st Century (65%), History: Medieval (75%), History: Renaissance (85%), Language: Arkwan (98%), Language: English (90%), Language: Latin (90%), Language: Norman French (90%), Mathematics: Advanced (91%), Mathematics: Basic (98%), Paleontology (75%), Pilot Time Machine (60%), Prowl (73%), Running, Temporal Navigation/Time Detection Equipment (60%), Temporal Physics (40%), W.P. Arquebus and Matchlock, W.P. Assault Rifle, W.P. Black Powder (General), W.P. Crossbow, W.P. Knife, W.P. Long Sword, W.P. Pistol, and W.P. Small Shield.
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), Automotive Mechanics (77%), Basic Electronics (75%), Escape Artist (65%), Language: Chinese/Mandarin (80%), Language: Russian (80%), Pick Locks (70%), Pilot: Automobile (98%/98%), Radio: Basic (85%), and Wilderness Survival (75%).
Combat Skills:
Martial Art Form: Hand to Hand: Basic (Agent)
Bonuses: +3 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +1 to parry/dodge, +2 hand to hand damage, and +1 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage).
Other Abilities: +15% I.Q. bonus, trust/intimidate 15%, and charm/impress 4%.
Background: Managgen de la Porte is from an alternate earth where Homo erectus erectus became the dominant species beating out other hominin competitors, including Homo sapiens sapiens (a.k.a. modern man). In the early 19th Century of this alternate earth, a military empire rose from the territory known as Arkwan (France on our world) and it marched across the globe conquering all who stood against it. After a decade of war, the Arkwan Empire stood triumphant.

The Arkwan Empire was a fascist regime that ruled through strength and terror. Those that the Emperor deemed inferior were exterminated. The science and technology of the Arkwan Empire grew in leaps and bounds as war proved to be a powerful catalyst. By the mid 20th Century, the Arkwan scientists were experimenting with cross-dimensional travel. Those that the high command deemed inferior were often used as living test subjects in these experiments. Most of such test subjects were disintegrated by the dimensional winds during these experiments.

Managgen was one of a select group of Arkwan cross-dimensional scientists. He secretly hated the Arkwan Empire and the evil it had perpetrated during its spread across the globe. He knew the Arkwan Empire must not find the secret of cross-dimensional trvael or else other worlds would fall to their military might. He sabotaged their research and took the cross-dimensional prototype and escaped to an alternate earth where he was discovered by the Ouroboros Project who were tracking his prototype.

Managgen was a “guest” of the Ouroboros Project for five years while they examined his prototype cross-dimensional device. He was allowed to work with the Cross-Dimensional scientists but he was never allowed to leave the Project's secret complex. Managgen wanted his freedom and he had grown to distrust the Ouroboros Project. The Project spoke of freedom and justice but they appeared to respect the words only and not their actual meanings.

One night, Managgen was able to steal a flash-drive that contained a series of files of great importance to the Project. These files included various temporal and cross-dimensional targets that the Ouroboros Project were planning on targeting and even more important, the files contained a list of known Project escapees who could be potential trouble for them. Menaggen is interested in using this info to form some sort of resistance group to the Ouroboros Project's questionable ethics. He knew someone had to stand against such unethical behaviour. Besides, he knew it was only a question of time before the Arkwan Empire discover cross-dimensional travel and find this world.
Last edited by Danger Man on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Fellow refugee's of the "threshold" I'm just a caveman

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Danger Man
Wanderer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Fellow refugee's of the "threshold" I'm just a caveman

LOL! At least Managgen isn't hocking life insurance. :P

Cheers,
Tim
Danger Man
Wanderer

And here is another potential PC/NPC. His time machine can be found here.

TAKASHI
Animal Type: Duck
Attributes: I.Q. 19, M.E. 19, M.A. 10, P.S. 15, P.P. 17, P.E. 18, P.B. 10, Spd. 30.
Size Level: 7, Weight: 145 lbs., Height: 5' 3"
Hit Points: 22, S.D.C.: 87, Chi: 18
Disposition: Pretentious, pedantic, outspoken, ambitious, shrewd, scholarly, perfectionist, and cultured.
Appearance: Takashi has a small head, long neck, a large round body, and slight webbing between fingers and toes. His hands are at the end of his wings. His breast has white feathers while his back has brown feathers. He has a glossy bottle-green head and white collar which marks the head from the purple-tinged brown breast, grey brown wings, and a pale grey belly. His rear feathers are black, with his dark tail having white borders.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Full, Speech – Full, and Looks – Full.
Powers: Glide and Insulating/Water Repellent Feathers (½ damage from cold)
Level of Education: Several Doctorates in History
Scholastic Bonus: +15%
Occupation: Temporal Archivist, Multi-Dimensional Resistance Member
Scholastic Skills: Astrophysics (54%), Biology (64%), Botany (64%), Climbing (84%/64%), Computer Operation (84%), Gymnastics, History: 17th Century (84%), History: 18th Century (74%), History: 21st Century (74%), Language: English (98%), Language: Japanese (79%), Language: Portuguese (79%), Language: Spanish (79%), Mathematics: Advanced (88%), Mathematics: Basic (98%), Optic Systems (74%), Photography (74%), Pilot Time Machine (64%), Radio: Basic (74%), Radio: Scramblers (64%), Read Sensory Equipment (64%), Running, Swimming (74%), T.V./Video (64%), W.P. Arquebus and Matchlock, W.P. Black Powder (General), W.P. Flintlock Pistol, W.P. Flintlock Rifle, W.P. Knife, W.P. Long Sword, W.P. Pistol, and W.P. Rifle/Shotgun.
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), Basic Electronics (49%), Body Building, Mechanics: Basic (49%), Pilot: Truck (60%), Prowl (55%), Wilderness Survival (49%), and W.P. Sub-Machinegun.
Combat Skills:
Bonuses: +6 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +2 to pull punch, +1 to strike, +2 to parry/dodge, and +1 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage).
Other Abilities: +9% I.Q. bonus, +2 to save vs. psionics, trust/intimidate 10%, +7% to save vs. coma/death, +2 to save vs. poison, charm/impress 5%, sense of balance 74%, climb rope 94%, and back flip 94%.
Background: Takashi Arkady MacKenna is from the far, far future. He has been sent back into the past to act as an archivist. It is his task to record and document the past. He has been “brain-edited” to avoid contaminating the past. As a result, he knows absolutely nothing about the future. His knowledge of temporal physics has also been removed (even if he still knows how to work his time machine). While he can travel through time, he cannot return to his time of origin. He will only be able to return to his own time once his superiors deem he has collected enough info for the Temporal Archive.

Takashi had several near misses with Ouroboros Agents and has learnt to avoid them when possible. He recognizes the danger to the timeline that they represent. While studying the 18th Century, he was contacted by Managgen and agreed to join his resistance movement. Takashi is proud of his family heritage. After all, it took the best combination of his Japanese, Russian, Irish and Mallard ancestors to come into perfection – him.
Last edited by Danger Man on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Danger Man
Wanderer

I've worked out 30 various alternate earths that the PCs are aware of (from Managgen's stolen files).

KNOWN DIMENSIONS

Earth 001/Earth Prime – Primary home dimension
Earth 002 – Saurian World (Dinosaurs weren't wiped out by asteroid; eventually gain sentience)
Earth 003 – Dinosaur Earth (non-sentient dinosaurs)
Earth 012 – Desert Earth; water is a valuable resource
Earth 015 – British Earth (Loyalist States of North America; The American Rebellion failed)
Earth 022 – Medieval America Earth
Earth 026 – Mongol Earth
Earth 030 – Alexander the Great conquers the world
Earth 033 – Napoleon Europe
Earth 056 – Aztec Earth
Earth 072 – Chinese settle America and Africa
Earth 077 – Spanish Empire Earth (Spanish Inquisition on a global scale)
Earth 099 – Japanese Earth
Earth 115 – Soviet Earth
Earth 126 – Ice Age World
Earth 131 – Atlantis Earth
Earth 140 – The Great Roman Republic (August Ceasar was killed and the Republic was restored)
Earth 142 – Roman Imperial Earth
Earth 175 – WWIII in the 1960s due to the Cuban Missile Crisis; the earth is a radioactive ruin with mutated survivors
Earth 182 – Fascist America (A combination of 1984/The Handmaid's Tale/Nehemiah Scudder)
Earth 199 – Victoriana Earth (Victorian society in modern times)
Earth 208 – Nazis won WWII (President Charles Lindbergh brings America into the war on the side of the Nazis)
Earth 209 – Nazi won WWII; have colonies on the moon; America is occupied by Germany and Japan
Earth 226 – Earth conquered by aliens
Earth 293 – The Great Space Race (Kennedy survives the assassination and leads America into space)
Earth 311 – The moon was shattered by a passing comet; humanity was forced to live underground due to the constant bombardment; have mutated to their subterranean environment
Earth 365 – Planet of the Arachnids (Giant sentient spiders hunt humanity)
Earth 381 – War of the Machines (killer robots vs humanity)
Earth 407 – Planet of the Apes (variation of a familiar theme)
Earth 416 – Planet of the Lizard Men

Cheers,
Tim
Last edited by Danger Man on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Danger Man wrote:I've worked out 30 various alternate earths that I will start with. The PCs will be aware of about half of them (from Managgen's stolen files).

KNOWN DIMENSIONS

Earth 022 – Medieval America
so what exactly does this mean? America how it would have been during the middle ages?

Earth 182 – Fascist America at war

I have to admit I'm not sure what a facist is or who we would be a war with.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
Danger Man wrote:

I have to admit I'm not sure what a facist is or who we would be a war with.

Fascist = totalitarian socialist ultra-nationalist government

real world examples: Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy, the Franco regime of Spain, etc.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

If there's only 30 other dimensions known about, why the gaps in the numbering of them? I understand the "rule of cool" makes it seem cooler, but logically it doesn't follow for me.

Danger Man
Wanderer

Danger Man wrote:Earth 022 – Medieval America
so what exactly does this mean? America how it would have been during the middle ages?

The world hasn't really progressed beyond a medieval level of technology (with exceptions here & there based on the technology in question or culture). The Vikings would have colonized Newfoundland, Atlantic Canada, and the North-Eastern parts of the US. There would also be several native Amerindian countries/affiliations.

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:I have to admit I'm not sure what a facist is or who we would be a war with.

I see glitterboy2098 covered the definition of what a Fascist is. I've edited that entry to give a bit more detail of what I was thinking for this entry. It is an America that is a combination of 1984/The Handmaid's Tale/Nehemiah Scudder*.

* from Robert Heinlein's "If This Goes On—."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_This_Goes_On%E2%80%94

Cheers,
Tim
Last edited by Danger Man on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danger Man
Wanderer

Glistam wrote:If there's only 30 other dimensions known about, why the gaps in the numbering of them? I understand the "rule of cool" makes it seem cooler, but logically it doesn't follow for me.

I had the same thought late last night and after a quick edit, I came to a solution. The "known dimensions" is the list that Managgen stole from the Ouroboros Project. Obviously the Project has additional info that fills in the missing numbers. Some of these worlds are dead, while others are slight variations were only minor changes make up the difference from Earth Prime. Some of these missing dimensions would also include the TMNT universe and other Palladium books.

Cheers,
Tim
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Danger Man wrote:
Glistam wrote:If there's only 30 other dimensions known about, why the gaps in the numbering of them? I understand the "rule of cool" makes it seem cooler, but logically it doesn't follow for me.

I had the same thought late last night and after a quick edit, I came to a solution. The "known dimensions" is the list that Managgen stole from the Ouroboros Project. Obviously the Project has additional info that fills in the missing numbers. Some of these worlds are dead, while others are slight variations were only minor changes make up the difference from Earth Prime. Some of these missing dimensions would also include the TMNT universe and other Palladium books.

Cheers,
Tim

I can get behind that. Very cool.

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Danger Man wrote:

The world hasn't really progressed beyond a medieval level of technology (with exceptions here & there based on the technology in question or culture). The Vikings would have colonized Newfoundland, Atlantic Canada, and the North-Eastern parts of the US. There would also be several native Amerindian countries/affiliations.

Okaaay... So the dimensional doorway/coordinates basically pops you out somewhere in the North American continent during what would be historically known as the middle ages. It was the combo of the terms Middle Ages and America that was throwing me.

If I understand right, this particular dimension is almost like a time slip that always takes you to the same time (period) and same (relative I'm guessing) geographical location? It doesn't sound like this dimension is 'Alternate' as much as it isn't on the same chronological point as our own. Not biatching, just trying to understand.

Great Work DM

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Danger Man wrote:

Okaaay... So the dimensional doorway/coordinates basically pops you out somewhere in the North American continent during what would be historically known as the middle ages. It was the combo of the terms Middle Ages and America that was throwing me.

If I understand right, this particular dimension is almost like a time slip that always takes you to the same time (period) and same (relative I'm guessing) geographical location? It doesn't sound like this dimension is 'Alternate' as much as it isn't on the same chronological point as our own. Not biatching, just trying to understand.

Great Work DM

I believe what he's saying is that the world suffers from Medieval Stasis, so while it's 2015 there the technology and political/social strictures hasn't progressed beyond what we associate with Medieval times. So while North America is conquered and settled by a variety of Caucasians from Europe as here their technology just hasn't gotten beyond knights and swords and crossbows and the government is still based around feudal lords and kings.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Danger Man
Wanderer

Danger Man wrote:

Heh heh, no problem. My list of Known Dimensions is just a brainstorming list. I haven't worked out all the details for each dimension yet. In this case, I was thinking that it is current with our time (2015 on Earth 022) but for some reason the world never made it past medieval level of technology (with a few exceptions*) -- technological advancement became stagnant. I should change the name from Medieval America to Medieval Earth.

* The exceptions I picture are better sailing ships (to allow transportation across the Atlantic Ocean) and perhaps some advances in basic engineering. I'm sure China is using gun powder as well.

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Great Work DM

Thanks. I consider this whole thread as a work-in-progress. I'm sure details will change as I work on it. At the moment, I'm working on Earth 126 (Ice Age Earth with nomadic tribes of intelligent mammoths roaming the glaciers). Not every dimension/earth will have humans as the primary species.

Nightmask's explanation is exactly what I was after.
Danger Man
Wanderer

EARTH 126 – ICE AGE EARTH

This world is in a grip of an ice age. The northern hemisphere is covered by glaciers that are three miles thick. The land ares not covered by ice are experiencing a record drought since most of the world's moisture is locked in the ice sheets. While many prehistoric animals live on this earth, it is devoid of human life.

Tribes of intelligent mammoths and woolly rhinoceroses roam the northern glaciers while their southern cousins roam the southern grasslands. Each tribe has its own customs, culture, and beliefs. The primary predator in this world are intelligent sabre-tooth cats that hunt in packs. They generally target the mammoth tribes but will eat any living beast thet can sink their teeth into.

The mammoth tribes usually consist of a matriarch (the oldest female), her sisters, their daughters, and their calves (babies). It has been known for non-related mammoths to join a tribe. A tribe will range from three to twenty five mammoths. When a male reaches puberty (between the ages of 12 to 16 years), he will leave his tribe and set out on his own. Due to the harsh conditions of their environment, it isn't unheard of for male mammoths to form their own tribes which is lead by the strongest male.

Sometimes multiple tribes will come together. These tribal aggregations can consist of 500 to 1000 mammoths. Such groupings usually happen around watering holes and other sources of food and water. Tribal aggregation will also occur in areas where there is a strong smilodon tribal presence.

FROST TUSK MAMMOTH TRIBE

The nomadic Frost Tusk tribe of female mammoths roam the cold glaciers in the search for herbs, grasses, larch, shrubs, and even flowering plants when they can be found. These mammoths have been known to create large spears which they use to dig through the ice/snow to find their food.

This particular tribe worship the great mammoth known as 'Old Mother Winter' (also known as Tootega) who is said to reside in the aurora borealis in the night sky. When one of their number dies, the whole tribe will dig a hole in the ice and bury the deceased. The whole tribe will mourn and leave presents of flowers, trinkets, and colourful stones around the desceased's body before they pack the hole closed with snow and ice.

Alignment: Any, usually good or selfish alignments.
Attributes: I.Q. 10, M.E. 11, M.A. 13, P.S. 31, P.P. 11, P.E. 30, P.B. 12, Spd. 12. Attributes may vary by 1D4 points in either direction, or as the G.M. sees fit.
Size Level: 22, Weight: 4 to 7 tons, Height: 16 to 25 ft. long, 7 to 9 ft. tall at shoulder
Hit Points: 40, S.D.C.: 150, Chi: 30
Disposition: Varies, but they tend to be tribal in nature, superstitious, yet dignified, honest and stubborn.
Appearance: Huge head with massive bump at top of the skull. Has small eyes and large floppy ears. Also has a massive body, covered with long, thick hair, with a humped back, and arms and legs like tree trunks. Their fur ranges from light brown to white.
Human Features: Hands – None, Biped – None, Speech – Full, and Looks – None.
Powers: Advanced Hearing, Prehensile Trunk (Partial Hand), and Thick, Matted Fur (½ damage from cold).
Natural Weapons: 2D6 Tusks
Level of Experience: 3rd level
Skills: Flint Working (23%), Forced March, Land Navigation (55%), Language: Mammoth (90%), Lore: Tribal Customs (50%), Tracking (35%), and W.P. Spears.
Combat Skills:
Martial Art Form: Hand to Hand Basic
Bonuses: +1 on initiative, +2 to pull/roll with punch or fall, +15 hand to hand damage, +2 to parry/dodge, and kick attack (1D6 damage).
Other Bonuses: +19% to save vs. coma/death, and +8 to save vs. poison.
Equipment: Crude but colourful trinkets, jewellery, and other ornamental baubles. They sometimes use large spears for digging but can be used in combat as well (they do 2D6 damage).
hollowecho
Wanderer

Unread post by hollowecho »

This is awesome .....I can so get behind this
Danger Man
Wanderer

Here is Takashi's time machine. That is 15 million well spent (with just over $400,000 left for ammo, supplies, tools).

未来のトラック (“Mirai no torakku”, Truck of the Future)
½ Ton Truck: A.R.: 6, S.D.C.: 600, Speed Class: 14, Max. Speed: 200 mph, Cruise Speed: 100 mph, Range 400 miles, and Payload: 5000 lbs.
Medium Vehicle Armour: A.R.: 16, S.D.C.: 700, Wt.: 1800 lbs.
Medium Passenger Armour with Plexiglass Windows: A.R.: 13, S.D.C.: 350.
Medium Turret Armour: A.R.: 12, S.D.C.: 300
Weapons: Forward Fixed Mounted 20mm Automatic Cannon (1D4 x 10 Damage, Range 4000 ft.) and an Empty Swivel Mounted Turret (on top of truck).
Additional Equipment: Air Recycling System, Camper Option (4 beds), Fusion Generator, Hover Engine Capability (Speed Class 10, Max. Speed: 150 mph, Cruise Speed: 80 mph), Loudspeaker, Night-Sight Camera/Monitor, Pressurized Cabin, Searchlight, Engine Readout Package, Radar Display, Radio Locator, Refreshment Dispenser, Smoke Screen, Submersible Water Capacity (Speed Class 10, Max. Speed: 150 mph / 130 knots, Cruise Speed: 80 mph / 70 knots), Surface Water Capability (Speed Class 10, Max. Speed: 150 mph / 130 knots, Cruise Speed: 80 mph / 70 knots), Thief-Proof Locks (x3), and Vehicle Active Suspension (+15% on all control rolls). Also has a Quantum Differential Device (Q-Dump) built in (+20% to the Pilot Time Machine).

Portable Time Machine: The device allows travel across time taking cargo with it.
Recharge Time: With a battery or connected to a running motor, 20 minutes. With an emergency hand-cranked generator, about 2 hours.
Weight: 1800 lbs.
Maximum Area of Effect: 25 ft. radius
Chance of Malfunction: Operator (pilot) must roll under skill level. A malfunction means rolling on the Temporal Mishap Table.
Danger Man
Wanderer

Here's a NPC villain.

DEATHSABRE
Animal Type: Dromaeosauroid (Deinonychus)
Alignment: Aberrant
Attributes: I.Q. 17, M.E. 9, M.A. 14, P.S. 17, P.P. 18, P.E. 18, P.B. 12, Spd. 38.
Size Level: 8, Weight: 145 lbs., Height: 5' 3"
Hit Points: 33, S.D.C.: 90, Chi: 18
Disposition: Cruel, abrasive, vindictive, sadistic, cold, harsh, and arrogant. Has no love for humans but enjoys his position at the Ouroboros project since he gets to hunt and kill plenty of prey.
Appearance: Deathsabre has an elongated head with a large, long jaw with many sharp teeth. His upper body is slim with narrow arms and shoulders. His lower body is thicker with wide hips and widely spread legs. He has long, thin arms and long powerful legs. His body is counter-balanced with a 5 ft. long, stiff tail. Each hind foot bears a sharp sickle-shaped claw on the second digit. His scaly skin is covered with brown, red and blue feathers.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Full, Speech – Partial, and Looks – None.
Powers: Advanced Smell, Leaping Ability (double the maximum Jump or Leaping distance), and Stiffened Tail.
Natural Weapons: 1D8 Hand Claws, 2D10 Foot Scythe Claw, and 1D10 Teeth.
Level of Experience: 3rd
Scholastic Bonus: +5%
Scholastic Skills: Climbing (75%/49%), Demolitions (75%), Demolitions Disposal (75%), Detect Ambush (59%), Detect Concealment (49%), First Aid (69%), Land Navigation (58%), Language: English (98%), Language: Korean (74%), Mathematics: Basic (93%), Philosophy: Bushido (93%), Read Sensory Equipment (59%), Running, Tracking (49%), Wilderness Survival (59%), and W.P. Knife.
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), Basic Electronics (44%), Basic Mechanics (44%), Desert Survival (64%), Escape Artist (44%), Prowl (58%), Radio: Basic (64%), and Swimming (70%).
Combat Skills:
Martial Art Form: Tae Kwon Do
Attacks per Melee: 5
Martial Art Powers: Kick Practice and stone ox.
Bonuses: +3 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +5 to strike with kick attacks, +3 to strike, +5 to hand to hand damage with all kicks, +4 to hand to hand damage, +4 to parry, +4 to dodge, +9 to dodge while running, +2 to maintain balance, +1 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage), critical strike from behind, and death blow on natural 20.
Other Abilities: +4% I.Q. bonus, +2 to save vs. psionics, trust/intimidate 30%, +7% to save vs. coma/death, +2 to save vs. poison, and charm/impress 10%.
Background: Deathsabre is an animal sample taken from the Cretaceous Period. He was was snatched as a baby and the resulting build up of temporal energy caused him to mutate into his current form. Lt. General Hotchkiss saw potential in Animal Test Subject #12821-C03 (later renamed with the code-name of Deathsabre) and had him transferred to the mutant animal division for training and indoctrination. He was trained in the martial arts and given the skills that would aid him in his role as a hunter, tracker and assassin.
Danger Man
Wanderer

Here's another Ouroboros Project assassin. I don't think I would throw this one against first level characters, but then again. ;)

DRAGONBLADE
Animal Type: Komodo Dragon
Attributes: I.Q. 11, M.E. 14, M.A. 19, P.S. 33, P.P. 28, P.E. 24, P.B. 9, Spd. 28.
Size Level: 10, Weight: 189 lbs., Height: 6' 2"
Hit Points: 42, S.D.C.: 123, Chi: 24
Disposition: Aloof, blunt, uncaring, superstitious, grim, cynical, proud, and ambitious.
Appearance: Dragonblade has a wide-snouted head with a massive jaw. He has a long, yellow, deeply forked tongue that darts in and out of his mouth. He has a wide scaled body with powerful arms and legs. He also has a long, thick tail. His scales have a brown-green hue to them.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Full, Speech – Partial, and Looks – None.
Natural Weapons: 1D8 Claws and 1D10 Teeth.
Level of Experience: 4th
Scholastic Bonus: +5%
Scholastic Skills: Acrobatics, Boxing, Climbing (94%/65%), Demolitions (77%), Demolitions Disposal (77%), First Aid (70%), Gymnastics, Language: Cantonese (75%), Language: English (98%), Language: French (75%), Language: Mandarin (75%), Language: Russian (75%), Language: Taiwanese (75%), Language: Vietnamese (75%), Mathematics: Basic (91%), Philosophy: Taoism (91%), Prowl (73%), Read Sensory Equipment (60%), Running, and Wrestling.
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), Body Building, Calligraphy (50%), Desert Survival (65%), Escape Artist (45%), Land Navigation (52%), Pick Locks (45%), and Radio: Basic (65%).
Combat Skills:
Martial Art Form: Shih Ba Ban Wu Yi (Eighteen Weapons Kung Fu)
Martial Art Powers: Warrior Spirit, Weapon Katas (W.P. Axe, W.P. Blunt, W.P. Chain, W.P. Forked, W.P. Knife, W.P. Polearm, W.P. Spear, W.P. Large Sword, W.P. Short Sword, W.P. Small Thrown Weapons, W.P. Bow, W.P. Crossbow, W.P. Blunt – Paired, W.P. Knife – Paired, W.P. Large Sword – Paired, W.P. Short Sword – Paired), and Weapon Tap.
Bonuses: +1 on initiative, +12 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +8 to strike, +17 to hand to hand damage, +10 to parry/dodge, +1 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage), critical strike on natural 19 or 20, automatically knockout opponents on natural 20 (for 1D6 melee rounds), pin/incapacitate on a roll of 18 – 20, and crush/squeeze (1D4 damage).
Other Abilities: Trust/intimidate 60%, +13% to save vs. coma/death, +5 to save vs. poison, and charm/impress 4%, sense of balance 80%, walk tightrope/high wire 80%, climb rope 91%, and back flip 94%.
Background: Dragonblade is an experimental animal created by the Bio-Engineering Division of the Ouroboros Project. Animal Test Subject #13687-A24 (later given the code-name of Dragonblade) was recognized as being an exceptional specimen so he was given martial training and indoctrinated into being an assassin for the Ouroboros Project.
Equipment: Two Giau Tzu Jen (“Snake-Headed Sawtooth”) swords (2D6+2 damage each), scabbards for swords on back, pouch on belt with 30 Lo Han Chain (sharpened throwing coins) (1D4 damage each), and two Bi Shou daggers (1D4 damage each) in scabbards on belt.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

If this gets any more awesome I might plotz!
Didn't know/realize I'd need a copy of N&SS for this.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Danger Man
Wanderer

I'm drawing info mainly from TMNT (along with the various sourcebooks/supplements), Ninjas & Superspies, and Mystic China, with tidbits from Heroes Unlimited (both the revised and 2nd edition versions), and any other Palladium book I own should I find something interesting in it (like mutant insects from Mutants in Orbit). I happen to have a nice selection of Palladium books in my RPG collection, including a first/original printing of TMNT (plus the revised version) and a third edition copy of the Palladium RPG (before S.D.C. was added to the game). By grabbing stuff from the other books saves me time from 'reinventing the wheel.'

Cheers,
Tim
Danger Man
Wanderer

Here is the chief temporal scientist NPC for the Ouroboros Project.

DOCTOR GRACE EMERSON
Alignment: Diabolic
Attributes: I.Q. 24, M.E. 12, M.A. 16, P.S. 10, P.P. 14, P.E. 13, P.B. 18, Spd. 14.
Size Level: 7, Weight: 122 lbs., Height: 5' 7"
Hit Points: 45, S.D.C.: 15, Chi: 13
Disposition: Confident, earnest, ambitious, determined, reserved, and calculating. She is absolutely dedicated to her research and will not let anything, or anyone, jeopardize her life's work.
Appearance: Dr. Emerson has dark, shoulder-length hair with streaks of grey flowing from her temples. She has a slim, yet shapely build that she normally hides under her lab coat. Her attractive face has begun to show the signs of her age with slight wrinkles at the corners of her hazel eyes. Not even age has dampen her warm smile that lights up her whole face when she is happy. When she is angry, her gaze can melt ice.
Level of Experience: 8th
Level of Education: Doctorate Degrees in Physics, Astrophysics and Temporal Physics
Scholastic Bonus: +30%
Scholastic Skills: Astrophysics (98%), Basic Electronics (98%), Biology (98%), Computer Operations (98%), Computer Programming (98%), Language: English (98%), Mathematics: Advanced (98%), Mathematics: Basic (98%), Physics (98%), Research (98%), Read Sensory Equipment (98%), Supercomputers (98%), Temporal Navigation/Time Detection Equipment (98%), Temporal Physics (96%), and Time Machine Mechanics (98%).
Secondary Skills: First Aid (96%), Land Navigation (79%), Language: French (98%), Language: German (98%), Language: Russian (98%), Pilot Automobile (98%/98%), Pilot: Truck (98%), Radio: Basic (96%), Swimming (98%), and W.P. Pistol.
Combat Skills:
Martial Art Form: None
Attacks per Melee: 1
Bonuses: None.
Other Abilities: +11% I.Q. Bonus, Trust/Intimidate 40%, and Charm/Impress 50%.
Background: Dr. Grace Emerson graduated from MIT with her first Doctorate in Physics at the young age of seventeen in 1974. Over the next six years, she expanded her doctorates with degrees in astrophysics and temporal physics. Her papers dealing with temporal physics caught the attention of the prominent American theoretical physicist, Dr. William Grover. He sent her an invitation to meet him at a national physics symposium. She accepted the invitation without any hesitation.

While at the physics symposium, Dr. Grover asked Dr. Emerson is she was interested in a position that would allow her to put her knowledge of theoretical temporal physics into practical use. He offered her a job as his assistant on a very 'hush-hush' project (a.k.a. the Ouroboros Project). She was obviously interested and accepted Dr. Grover's offer.

Two years later, Dr. Emerson would be the second most authority on time travel at the Ouroboros Project after the imminent Dr. Grover. Emerson found that she wanted to further her own research into temporal physics and time travel. She had grown tired of obeying orders from Dr. Grover so she arranged an accident while he was working on the Threshold. She had activated the cross-dimensional controls and had disintegrated Dr. Grover by the dimensional energies that the Threshold had released. With Dr. Grover out of the picture, she has stepped up to fill his position and became the chief temporal scientist. She has been able to use her feminine charms on Lt. Colonel Hotchkiss to help secure her budget and position within the Ouroboros Project.

Dr. Emerson views the cross-dimensional studies of the Ouroboros Project as a waste of time and a research dead end. If she had her way, the Ouroboros Project would return to the Project's original mandate of time travel. She dislikes Dr. Leyland Hastings but hides her true feelings under a guise of friendliness. She waits for the opportunity for another 'accident' to happen, but to Dr. Hastings this time.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I have an almost complete collection of palladium books, but to need to break them all out to run a campaign seems a little troublesome. Again, I absolutely love the work that you're doing. Keep it up!

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Danger Man
Wanderer

Ya, it can be a bit of a pain to go from book to book (not to mention some of the rule inconsistencies) but I've been doing it for some time now that I have it down pat. ;)
Danger Man
Wanderer

I've started working on a an initial adventure that introduces the PCs to the campaign. It is set in Flagstaff, Arizona so my apologies goes out to any native Arizonians for any liberties I may take. Just chalk it up to artistic license of an Arizona from an alternate reality. ;) The basic premise is the city of Flagstaff is being besieged by monsters (actually escapees from the Ouroboros Project). The PCs will be sent by Managgen to locate and potentially recruit these "monsters." They will find out that these monsters want nothing to do with the PCs or with humanity in general. Naturally the presence of these monsters will bring Recall Troopers and their Hounds into the mix.

Here is one of the monsters. This is a work in progress. I'll be filling in the background as I write the adventure.

BEAK
Animal Type: Diatrymon
Alignment: Miscreant
Attributes: I.Q. 12, M.E. 15, M.A. 20, P.S. 24, P.P. 19, P.E. 19, P.B. 9, Spd. 33.
Size Level: 9, Weight: 169 lbs., Height: 5' 8”
Hit Points: 34, S.D.C.: 60, Chi: 19
Disposition: Aggressive, cruel, thoughtless, sadistic, angry, and patient. He hates humanity with a burning rage.
Appearance: Beak has eyes on the side of his head. He has a large parrot-like beak with nostril holes. His feathered body is squat and muscular, with long, pinkish scaly legs that end in large feet. He has green and blue plummage with a brilliant red crest on the very top of his head.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Full, Speech – Full, and Looks – None.
Psionics: Hypnotic Suggestion
Natural Weapons: 1D8 Beak
Level of Experience: 3rd
Level of Education: Rudimentary education, illiterate
Scholastic Skills: Escape Artist (55%), Language: English (65%), Mathematics: Basic (84%), and Surveillance Systems (73%).
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), Body Building, Land Navigation (48%), Photography (60%), Prowl (54%), Running, Wilderness Survival (55%), and W.P. Pistol.
Combat Skills:
Attacks per Melee: 4
Martial Art Powers: None
Bonuses: +3 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +2 to pull punch, +2 to strike, +9 to damage, +5 to parry/dodge, and +3 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage).
Other Abilities: Trust/intimidate 65%, +8% to save vs. coma/death, +2 to save vs. poison, and charm/impress 4%.
Background: Animal sample from the Cenozoic Period. Brought up as a caged experimental animal and has escaped. Has stolen a digital camera and likes to take pictures of his victims and crimes.
Equipment: Digital camera.
Cash: $800
Last edited by Danger Man on Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danger Man
Wanderer

Another "monster" NPC.

SPIKE
Animal Type: Stegosauroid
Alignment: Anarchist
Attributes: I.Q. 15, M.E. 13, M.A. 14, P.S. 22, P.P. 12, P.E. 18, P.B. 11, Spd. 24.
Size Level: 10, Weight: 188 lbs., Height: 6' 1” long/tall with a 3' long tail
Hit Points: 37, A.R.: 9, S.D.C.: 87, Chi: 18
Disposition: Aggressive, asocial, callous, paranoid, and bitter. Hates humans for the cruelty he has endured.
Appearance: Spike has a small, pointed head tapering directly into his neck which in turns flows into his massive body. His massive body is supported by trunk-like arms and legs. His hands and feet are tipped with hoof-like toes/fingers. He has a three foot long tail that ends with four long tail spikes. Evenly spaced on his back are five pairs of large plates.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Partial, Speech – Full, and Looks – None.
Powers: Advanced Hearing, Advanced Smell, Light Natural Body Armour, and Temperature Control Plates.
Natural Weapons: 3D6 Spiked Tail
Level of Experience: 4th
Scholastic Skills: Escape Artist (60%), Language: English (70%), Mathematics: Basic (86%), and Surveillance Systems (75%).
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), Body Building, Desert Survival (65%), First Aid (65%), Land Navigation (40%), Prowl (58%), Running, Swimming (50%), and Wilderness Survival (55%).
Combat Skills:
Bonuses: +3 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +2 to pull punch, +2 to strike, +7 to damage, +3 to parry/dodge, and +3 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage).
Other Abilities: Trust/intimidate 30%, +7% to save vs. coma/death, +2 to save vs. poison, and charm/impress 5%.
Background: Animal sample from the Jurassic Period. Brought up as a caged experimental animal and has escaped.
Equipment: None.
Cash: $1100
Danger Man
Wanderer

And the third member of the "monster" triumvirate. Like the other two monsters, this is a work-in-progress.

WINGS
Animal Type: Pterasoid
Attributes: I.Q. 12, M.E. 10, M.A. 13, P.S. 19, P.P. 23, P.E. 16, P.B. 14, Spd. 25.
Size Level: 11, Weight: 231 lbs., Height: 6' 6”
Hit Points: 26, S.D.C.: 53, Chi: 16
Disposition: Outspoken, proud, stubborn, abrasive, argumentative, and arrogant. Spike often remarks that Wings has a 'Triple-A' personality (re: abrasive, argumentative, and arrogant). While Wings dislikes humanity as a rule, he isn't above using humans to get what he wants.
Appearance: Wings has a long and narrow head with an equally long beak. His narrow skull ends in a lengthly, extravagant red and yellow head crest. His body has a greyish-green tinge to it. He has a long neck and a compact body. His arms and legs are skinny and tipped with small hands and feet. His large leathery wings run from his elongated fourth fingers, down his sides and end at his thighs. He has a 20 ft. wingspan.
Human Features: Hands – Full, Biped – Full, Speech – Full, and Looks – None.
Powers: Advanced Vision and Glide (can take-off from a standing start)
Natural Weapons: 1D8 Teeth
Level of Experience: 2nd
Scholastic Skills: Escape Artist (50%), Language: English (60%), Mathematics: Basic (82%), and Surveillance Systems (65%).
Secondary Skills: Athletics (General), Land Navigation (44%), Prowl (54%), Running, Wilderness Survival (45%), and W.P. Sub-Machinegun.
Combat Skills:
Bonuses: +3 to roll with punch/fall/impact, +2 to pull punch, +4 to strike, +4 to damage, +7 to parry/dodge, and +5 to strike with a body block/tackle (1D4 damage).
Other Abilities: Trust/intimidate 25%, +5% to save vs. coma/death, +1 to save vs. poison, and charm/impress 20%.
Background: Animal sample from the Cretaceous Period. Brought up as a caged experimental animal and has escaped. Has stolen a digital camera and likes to take pictures of his victims and crimes.
Equipment: 9mm Model 12 Beretta Sub-Machinegun with two extra magazines (32 rounds/magazine).
Cash: $400

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”