Alternative setting for AtB2

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Alternative setting for AtB2

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

I'm working on a alternative setting for AtB2 as the default one doesn't do it for me. With the "Evil" Empire of Humanity it seemed like a altered copy of RIFTS focusing on mutant animals sans the magic n' such. So I'm writing up my own take on the idea. It draws more from "Hip Flask/Elephant-men" comics but with a P-A not Post-Cyberpunk human centered setting.

Mutant animals or "Beastmen" are derived from government, corporate and independent "radical environmentalist/animal rights" oriented scientists. The governmental programs were based around creating disposable soldiers that would replace the bulk of the human soldiery fighting the numerous wars dotting the planet. The corporations assisted in these programs as well as specialized security forces that would serve more loyally than their human counterparts. While the Enviro-scientists were seeking to find a way for animals to be evolved to better defend themselves from humanity, who in their eyes are raping the planet. This led to outrage among the religious fundamentalists led to acts of terror and expansion of already existing religious warfare that engulfed the world.

Add to this to two separate tailored viruses that nearly wiped out humanity. Thus ushered in a new dawn to the world, one dominated by "beastmen". Basic overview.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
CyCo
Hero

Re: Alternative setting for AtB2

Unread post by CyCo »

I think you'll find it's Rifts is an altered copy of AtB. Your basic idea sounds interesting though.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”