After the Bomb2e Ninja background?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

After the Bomb2e Ninja background?

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

So I was thinking the other day about the education tables in the original ninja turtle game and the new backgrounds in After the Bomb 2e. I noticed a distinct lack of ninja or dedicated warrior background. On page 185 of after the bomb we are told that the ninja organization known as the Gang of Four unofficially runs the government of Gatorland and routinely sends out ninja spies and emissaries to the other mutant animal nations and villages. So we definitely know that ninja exist in After the Bomb North America. We just aren't given the rules to create/play our own ninja characters.

I was wondering if anyone has updated the "Adopted by a mentor" education/background from the original ninja turtle game to fit in the After the Bomb 2e setting?

Would anyone be willing to?

If you're looking for updated backgrounds from the existing after the bomb supplements, you need to check out the posts by Rali and the Thyfur. they have created some pretty top notch stuff
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: After the Bomb2e Ninja background?

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Got ya covered man. I'll Email you what I have

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Razorwing
Hero

Re: After the Bomb2e Ninja background?

Unread post by Razorwing »

Given the options available in AtB 2E, I would suggest that the Elite Militia background would be the easiest to modify slightly to create a Ninja/Martial Artist Clan. Even the Armorer and Weaponsmith apprenticeships work well with this, though the Mechanic apprenticeship may not be appropriate, depending on how advanced the area is (Farrier and Healer apprenticeships might make a suitable alternative). Even with these, a little modification may be needed, with a focus more on melee WPs rather than most modern WPs.

As for the attitudes of these Clans... they can range from being xenophobic isolationsist (anyone not of the clan is considered an enemy to be killed... not unlike Japan was before trade with the West was common) to a more philosophical acceptance of anyone until they are proven untrustworthy. Most are likely to fall somewhere between these two extremes.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”