TMNT show question

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thom001
Explorer

TMNT show question

Unread post by Thom001 »

Hello all, I am not sure if this question belongs here or in another forum but, I remember as a child watching this episode of the turtles where a new human character was introduced and the turtles mutated again, but at will. They became much bigger and the show took on a slightly darker theme. I think April also gained the ability to mutate, but I am not sure. I have googled for this because I do not know if this was during the ninja turtles show of the 80's or not. It was a cartoon and not live action. I do not remember much more because of how young I was. It was sometime between 1992 to 1994 I believe. I also do not remember it lasting all that long.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Re: TMNT show question

Unread post by VR Dragon »

Was it the next mutation with thw female turtle? Live action show
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Doesn't sound familiar. Try TV.com, use the main title in the search. You may come across it.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

that didn't sound like any i'd seen, but i figured i'd check wikipedia to see if there was mention.

and i learned something.. there was an Anime OVA.. which sounds like what your describing.

huh.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Hey, WB OmegaGirl!
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Thom001 wrote:I remember as a child watching this episode of the turtles where a new human character was introduced and the turtles mutated again, but at will.

They became much bigger and the show took on a slightly darker theme.

The turtles mutate further into larger more human-looking forms in "Mutant Turtles: Chōjin Densetsu Hen" but it's unlikely you saw that as a kid since it was a Japan-only film. I'm not sure about new human char, but it did introduce a couple fairies. It didn't really seem darker to me though.

Thom001 wrote:I think April also gained the ability to mutate, but I am not sure.

April mutated in the first cartoon during "The Catwoman from Channel 6" (as cat) "Revenge of the Fly" (as wasp) and "Rebel without a Fin" (as fish). Do you recall what she looked like?

Thom001 wrote:I do not know if this was during the ninja turtles show of the 80's or not.
It was a cartoon and not live action.
It was sometime between 1992 to 1994 I believe.

Here are some pictures of mutated April in case they might jog your memory
*from 1987 http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmn ... oman38.png
*from 1990 http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmn ... a/Fin2.png
*from 1993 http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tmn ... enge17.png

The two anime episodes were not released until 1996 and 1997. The second TMNT cartoon did not come out until 2003.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Cedric Caleb
D-Bee
Comment: It's been quite awhile since I last visited the site. Back then I was Reid's Ranger so if anyone remembers me.

Unread post by Cedric Caleb »

That poor girl was lucky to have survived so much mutagen exposure.
Rather than putting up another Gamers or GM looking for Game I guess I should post here. Looking to Play or GM an AtB game on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Keeping Saturday open for table game campaign.

Also, I may be away for a week or so around 06-15 APR 15, due to wife having another death in her family.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”