New Throwback/Purebreed

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ape
Megaversal® Ambassador

New Throwback/Purebreed

Unread post by Ape »

This is my first attempt at a mutant. I plan on using it as an NPC/monster in my new ATB game and was hoping to get some input.
On another note, I want to see an Okeefanokee Hog and one of these fight for territory.

Alligator: Swamp Dragon
(Purebred/Throwback)
Description: Swamp dragons are the result of the virus causing massive increase to an alligator's size and scaly hide. It is a massive mountain of muscle and hunger that moves through the swamps and marshes from old Luisiana to the old Florida everglades. Due to their foul tempers and rarity, they are not found in large numbers, unfortunately, they tend to live a very long time if not destroyed in battle.
Size Level: 14 (Minimum 12, Maximum of 16).
Build: Long.
Mutant Changes & Costs
Total BIO-E: 0
Attribute Bonuses: -5 I.Q., -5 M.A., +12 P.S. (Crushing), +5 P.E., and +2D6 Spd.
Human Features
Hands: None.
Biped: Partial.
Speech: None.
Looks: None. Swamp Dragons look like monstrously large alligators with a hunched, nearly primate posture.
Natural Weapons: Bite (3d6+2), Running Claws (1d4)
Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Heavy Natural Armor (A.R.: 14, +60 SDC), Extra Speed, Predator Burst, Alligator Quick Run and Hold Breath
20 Extra Heavy Natural Armor (A.R.: 16, +100 SDC)

Vestigial Disadvantages:
Automatically gets Reptile Brain (Predator) and Diet Carnivore
-5 Vestigial Tail
-5 Color Blind
Last edited by Ape on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: New Throwback/Purebreed

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

SL 14-20.. So you're telling me you've written up an alligator somewhere between the size of an African Bull Elephant and a Blue Whale?

Something that size and that powerful would soon become the dominant Apex predator. Kind of like the megalodon version of a great white, but on land. Personally I'd figure out a way to nerf it some, low reproductive rate/long gestational cycle, extreme temperature sensitivity (to keep it from getting to far north). Something, to dieal it back a bit or else it is going to quickly overrun your game world just do to size.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Ape
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Ape »

made a change to notes and size, how is that?
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

What you have made is a lot like the allosaur on page 103, so you can use that to compare if yours is reasonable.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”