House Rules...

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hollowecho
Wanderer

House Rules...

Unread post by hollowecho »

So I thought it would be nice to see some house rules that other GMs allow in there games ...For mine I have three so far.

1. You get to roll up to three animals when you begin a new game you get to pick the one you like out of the three.
2. Every 3 levels you get 2 secondary skills starting with level 3. New skills start at level 1
3. Modern Weapon proficiency get +1 every 3 levels starting at level 3.
So what is yours?
Danger Man
Wanderer
Comment: “Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.” -- Groucho Marx

Re: House Rules...

Unread post by Danger Man »

The house rules I'm considering can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=142914&p=2777418#p2775412

I'll probably remove the 'Speed provides a limited dodge bonus' from the list. I'll have to play with it to see if it works or not.

Cheers,
Tim
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

There are probably a number of people who mess with size levels...as a short size level 19 build is the same height as a long size level 10...and theres a 45 bioE difference.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Danger Man wrote:The house rules I'm considering can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=142914&p=2777418#p2775412

I'll probably remove the 'Speed provides a limited dodge bonus' from the list. I'll have to play with it to see if it works or not.

Cheers,
Tim

I think Speed providing a dodge bonus actually was canon, at least in the original TMNT book.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nightmask wrote:
Danger Man wrote:The house rules I'm considering can be found here: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 8#p2775412

Cheers,
Tim

I think Speed providing a dodge bonus actually was canon, at least in the original TMNT book.

Yerp, the TMNT Game has Spd give a bonus to Dodge among other things. It worked okay but the advent of things like Automatic Dodge, and Spd boosting powers made it a bit over powered. Which is probably why the rule was never made a part of any of the other game lines.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Danger Man
Wanderer
Comment: “Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.” -- Groucho Marx

Nightmask wrote:
Danger Man wrote:The house rules I'm considering can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=142914&p=2777418#p2775412

Cheers,
Tim

Yes it did, but I toned it down a bit in my own house rules for much the same reasons given by eliakon. ;)

Cheers,
Tim
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Hrmm. House rules that I can remember..

On attribute roles: Re-roll 1's and 2's (this is an old rule that doesn't see much use anymore. Low attributes have proven to make for more interesting characters rather than the standard combat monkeys of my youth)
Combat: Rolling a 1 (regardless of any bonuses) is not only an automatic failure/miss but it is so spectacular of a failure that it costs you your next attack.
Animal Abilities: Brute, Beastly, and Crushing PS now = 1/2 of the associated super power EX, SH, and SN PS respectively. They also cost significantly more BIO-E to purchase.
Geography: The Plains of Free Cattle are now located West of the Mississippi River. The river provides a significant, though not impenetrable, barrier (to the primarily nomadic tribes) keeping them from pushing East toward the area's listed in the AtB main book. Between the Mississippi River and the Appalachian Mt's lay the Forgotten Lands (Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee). These area's are distinct from their neighbors to the East and West in that there is a greater sense of cooperation between mutants and the surviving humans. While there remains some tension from xenophobic speciests, for the most part everyone has sucked it up and does what needs done to survive/get by. This is still a WIP, so I don't have everything ironed out yet.

I miss the speed attribute dodge bonus. Sure things like buying heightened speed with Bio-E (not talking super powers, that's a different game) boosts it to ridiculous levels, but if I can move faster than you then you'd better believe I'm going to be harder to hit.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
hollowecho
Wanderer

Unread post by hollowecho »

IAdvanced the time line 120 years into the future in my games. I moved the empire of humanity to Chicago... And use Detroit as a prison colony ....gatorland stretches from south Carolina almost to Texas ...but it stops on the Tennessee River...Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas are war zones fighting over the sustainable crops in the area.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

ATB/TMNT House rules

1: +25 to +30 BIO-E points across the board. I find that this allows people to make mutant animals with a few of their 'things' (Claws, wings, shells whatever) with out being the size of 12 year olds. Yet seldom lets any of the characters have "ALL" Their stuff. They still need to pick and choose which aspects they want for their character. It makes for more FUN characters. You don't have to spend all your points getting to a decent size, and geting hands and such. You get some of the perks per animal, with out looking 100% human or anything.
2: "Three re-rolls" This isn't just an after the bomb thing, but all palladium games I run. During character creation you get 3 re-rolls. Be it an attribute you don't like or education table you don't like, if it's HU a power you don't like, etc. In ATB specifically I usually give 'three re-rolls" for animal type, and then three more for stats or whatever, as.. well as written, they are heavily heavily heavily leaning towards pigs and cows and sheep and barnyard animals that... I've never played with other players that WANT to play those. Soo..
3: I've added some stuff, like, to the educational tables and extra apprintiships and what not, but that's a bit much to write here.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Danger Man
Wanderer

Another house rule I'm thinking about using is having all mutant animals roll for weight & height as a medium build, or at least all short builds are treated as medium.

Cheers,
Tim

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”