After the Bomb Campaign Ideas

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: After the Bomb Campaign Ideas

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Could you put out a pdf of this info please? I'd like to be able to have a print out to use as reference with the Red in Tooth and Claw adventure and such.

I'm concerned that if I just cut and paste all the info to a word document that it'll come out looking like crap.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Danger Man
Wanderer
Comment: “Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.” -- Groucho Marx

Unread post by Danger Man »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Could you put out a pdf of this info please? I'd like to be able to have a print out to use as reference with the Red in Tooth and Claw adventure and such.

'Info' as in the stuff about the free town of Saylem (with corresponding maps) or do you mean the whole thread? Either way, I'll see what I can do. I've been pretty busy with work lately so I'll have to see when I get the time. While I did mention the town of Saylem in the Red in Tooth and Claw adventure, I left details sketchy on purpose so a GM could substitute their own location if they so wish.

Cheers,
Tim
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Danger Man wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Could you put out a pdf of this info please? I'd like to be able to have a print out to use as reference with the Red in Tooth and Claw adventure and such.

'Info' as in the stuff about the free town of Saylem (with corresponding maps) or do you mean the whole thread? Either way, I'll see what I can do. I've been pretty busy with work lately so I'll have to see when I get the time. While I did mention the town of Saylem in the Red in Tooth and Claw adventure, I left details sketchy on purpose so a GM could substitute their own location if they so wish.

Cheers,
Tim

Yeah, all of it. :) Kind of like a world/region book (complete with npc's beasties, towns, and maps) that goes along with the RiTaC adventure module. I'd give it a go, but I can't make PDF's and worry about screwing up the formatting.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Danger Man
Wanderer
Comment: “Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.” -- Groucho Marx

I'll make PDFs of the stuff, probably nothing fancy but it will make printing easier than printing from the boards. I'll do things in batches to make the files more manageable and it will be easier for me to do instead of one giant PDF. I will be including version numbers in the PDF titles so when I get around to updating things, it will be easier to tell which PDF is the most recent.

First up, is the Graveyard Reapers PDF (55 KB):

http:/paratime.ca/pdfs/scifi/The-Graveyard-Reapers-v1.pdf

Cheers,
Tim
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Danger Man
Wanderer

Here's my revised map for the Free Town of Saylem: http://paratime.ca/images/tmnt-atb/Saylem-v2.jpg

Free Town of Saylem
The free town of Saylem is located on the south-western area of the Contested Lands. While the town doesn't recognize the authority of any outside government, it does maintain a brisk trade with both Cardania, the Plains of the Free Cattle, and even representatives from the Rodent Cartel of Filly.

Population: 6240
Government: Council of Five, led by a Mayor (who is selected from the council)
Current Mayor: Vesad Washton III (mutant domestic cat)
Armed Forces: Sheriff and seven deputies; citizen militia
Current Sheriff: Mosez Hues (mutant beaver)
Economics: Seafood, lumber,
Technology Equivalent: 1950s

Locations
1. Town Hall
2. Osona's Diner
3. Saylem Oak Bank
4. Saylem Sheriff's Office
5. Saylem School
6. Pledger's Trader Market
7. Church of the Sacred Light
8. Loskel & Son Electricians
9. Harvest Time Worship Center
10. Doc Smyth's Surgery
11. Marlbor Marina
12. Saylem Teamsters
13. Haddock's Garage
14. Saylem Farrier Union
15. Embur's Blacksmith
16. Coryn's Saloon (run by a female mutant parrot by the name of Coryn Syn - more about her later)

The PDF for this revised version of Saylem and the general Contested Lands map can be found here: http://paratime.ca/pdfs/scifi/The-Conte ... etting.pdf (4 MB)

Cheers,
Tim
Danger Man
Wanderer

Here's an idea that could easily be a focus of an entire ATB campaign or NPCs/foreign power within a campaign.

THE OLAZABAL FOUNDATION

Population: 9700 (55% human, 45% mutant animal)
Government: The Science Committee, led by the Science Director
Current Science Director: Dr. Madeline Kearns (Human)
Armed Forces: Olazabal Foundation Security (within the dome), Olazabal Foundation Agents (outside the dome)
Current Security Director: Ayardo Hawkins (Mutant animal frog)
Technology Equivalent: Pre-Crash Technology

Background

The Olazabal Foundation is a hidden archive that is a wonder of Pre-Crash technology for it is a camouflaged, self-contained habitat located at the bottom of Dalawyre Bay (previously the Delaware Bay). It has been the home for the Olazabal Foundation since its inception before the Crash. When a group of scientists and academics saw the direction the world was heading towards, they and their families retreated to an underwater sanctuary in the hope of preserving knowledge and humanity that would likely be wiped out by the oncoming war.

The Foundation was the dream child of one scientist, Dr. Aloysius Olazabal. He specialized in oceanography and aquatic-engineering. The underwater habitat, known as the Olazabal Dome, was of his own design. The dome was built to be self-sufficient. It receives its energy from turbines that are powered by the motion of the surrounding water. It also receives its food from the animals that inhabit the surrounding waters, in addition to algae farms and even a few hydroponic chambers dedicated to terrestrial vegetables within the dome itself.

The Foundation is run by the Science Committee which consists of twelve members elected from the general population. To become a candidate for election, the member must have a science or academic knowledge of some type which describes the vast majority of the dome's population. Once a Science Committee has been elected, the newly formed committee will select one of their members to act as Science Director who is the first of equals within the committee. Elections are held once every six years, or in extreme circumstances a Science Committee can call an election with a majority vote should they lose confidence in the actions of the committee itself or of the ruling Science Director. While this has happen in the past, it is extremely rare.

After the background radiation from the Crash receded, the Olazabal Foundation sent out various research teams to the surface to gather information about the Post-Crash world. They studied the changed environment, the emergent of the mutant animal species, and even the remaining elements of human civilization. The society within the dome is very egalitarian by nature (with no animosity between the human and mutant animal populations) and they were shocked to discover the despotic and human-supremacist aspects of the Empire of Humanity. The Science Committee decided it was best to keep their existence a secret from the surface world.

These research teams brought back various mutant animals to the Dome to better study them. Once it was discovered that these mutant animals had intelligence, it was ruled by the Science Committee that all sentient mutant animals had the same rights and privileges as humanity. The mutant animals were welcome as brothers/sisters of humanity and were integrated into the dome' society. This integration process involved the various dome humans actually adopting the mutant animals into their own families. The descendents of those first mutant animals still have those same surnames. Over the years, the mutant animal population has grown to encompass forty-five percent of the overall population of the Olazabal Foundation.

The Foundation still sends agents to the surface to study its inhabitants and occasionally help the surface civilizations to grow. These agents are dedicated believers of the Foundation's egalitarian principles and to its mission of preserving knowledge. The agents will have a cover identity within a surface community, often one of a technological nature but this isn't always the case. These agents will maintain contact with the Foundation via secret radios that broadcast on a scrambled frequency. The Foundation still has several communication satellites in orbit (put there before the Crash) which still function.

Cheers,
Tim
Danger Man
Wanderer

Olazabal Foundation Agents

All Olazabal Foundation agents, human or mutant animal alike, start with the 'One of the Academic Underground' background option.

Olazabal Foundation Agent Apprenticeship

(Special! A character must have an I.Q., M.A., and P.E. attributes of 13 or higher to select this apprenticeship.)

The character has spent the last twelve years mastering the skills needed to keep their true nature a secret while on the surface world. These skills include elements of subterfuge, practical self-defense, and knowledge of the area that the agent will be assigned to watch. Their mission is to live as members of the Post-Crash surface world will reporting in secret to the Foundation Dome via scrambled satellite relays. All agents are dedicated to the cause and principles of the Olazabal Foundation – the .

All agents start with a revolver, survival knife, a Z-98 Freeman Energy Pistol with appropriate recharger, an AX-2300 Hand-Held Computer, and a secret radio.

Main Skill: Impersonation (+20%)

Core Skills: Intelligence, Radio: Basic Communications, Radio: Satellite Relay, Radio: Scramblers, Computer Operation, Computer Programming, Computer Repair, Computer Hacking, Language (select two), Literacy (select two), Concealment, Pilot: Submersibles (new – see below), Navigation, Read Sensory Equipment, and Antiquarian. All get a + 15% apprenticeship bonus.

Rogue & Thief Skills: Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, Escape Artist, and Streetwise. All get a + 10% bonus.

Physical Skills: Hand to Hand: Basic (or Hand to Hand: Expert at the cost of two secondary skills), Prowl, Swimming: Advanced, and SCUBA. All get a + 10% bonus (where applicable).

Pilot Skills: Select two of the following: Automobile/Car, Boating, Motorcycle, Navigation, Sailing, Teamster/Wagoner, Truck, or Water Scooters (new – see below). All get a + 5% bonus.

Weapon Skills: W.P. Knife, W.P. Revolver, and W.P. Energy Pistol.

New Skills (from Rifts[sup]®[/sup] Underseas[sup]TM[/sup])

Marine Biology (Science): This skill is a general knowledge of the ecology of the oceans and seas, with an emphasis on undersea habitats, environments, and the types of fish and sea animals attracted to such places. This skill also gives the character the knowledge of where to look for particular types of sea creatures (i.e. in coral reefs, under rocks, in side caves, warm water, cold water), the types of food sea animals eat/prey upon, migration patterns of fish and sea mammals, and a knowledge tides, water composition, and ocean plant-life.

The marine biology skill also gives the character specific medical and scientific knowledge about the behavior, habits, evolution, physiology, cells, anatomy, and genetics of fish, marine mammals, and other types of sea life. This knowledge enables the character to perform surgery, remove glands and sacs of poison or chemicals, prepare antidotes to poisons (from sea creatures only) and thee care, keeping, and medical treatment of marine animals, including dolphins and whales. Basic Skill: 35%/25% + 5% per level of experience. The first number is the character's general knowledge. The second number is specific medical and scientific applications, including making antidotes to poison, capturing animals without killing them (+ 10% to hunt/kill), surgery (sea animals only; -60% on humanoids), and the care, keeping and medical treatment of marine animals. Note: -30% when dealing with alien and mutant life forms. Requirements: Biology, advanced mathematics and chemistry.

Ocean Geographic Surveying (Science): The methods and ability to identify natural geographic formations (mountains, trenches, coral reefs. etc.), identify wreckage and underwater cities, identify Earth minerals, damage caused by earthquakes, earthquake zones, determining depth, accurate map making, accurate map reading, accurate map reading and geographic photograph identification and evaluation, as well as a basic knowledge of geology and oceanography. Base Skill: 15% + 5% per level of experience (+ 15% to read maps).

Pilot: Submersibles (Pilot): The knowledge and skill of piloting all types of submersibles, including underwater sleds, mini-subs and most types of submarines (excluding military submersibles). Base Skill: 40% + 4% per level of experience. Note: -20% when using alien or unusual submarines. Does not include power armor or deep sea diving suits.

Pilot: Water Scooters (Pilot): The knowledge and skill of piloting all types of one- and two-man water sleds (underwater) and jet skis (surface sleds). Base Skill: 56% + 4% per level of experience.

Submersible Vehicle Mechanics (Mechanics): Training in the diagnosis and repair of submersible vehicles, including submarines, underwater robots, probes and stations. Base Skill: 25% + 5% per level of experience. Note: Mechanical engineers call also effect repairs but at - 15% and aircraft mechanics are at – 40%.

Undersea Farming (Science): The knowledge of cultivating undersea plants, algae, and/or breeding aquatic animals/fish for harvesting and production. Undersea farming includes, but is not limited to, growing crops (either through hydroponics or on the ocean floor), lobster farms, oyster beds, and fish hatcheries. Base Skill: 35% + 5% per level of experience.

Underwater Navigation (Pilot): This skill is the deep sea version of land navigation. The character can identify his whereabouts, direction, travelling speed, and stay on course by means of observation. This method includes mentally marking and recognizing underwater landmarks (mountain ranges, reefs, sunken wreckage, cities, animal habitats, etc.), as well as noting the direction of currents, tides, determining the time of day, recognizing sounds, surface landmarks, the positions of the stars and sun, and other navigational tricks. The character should roll once for every ten miles (16 km) traveled in order to stay on track. A failed roll means he is drifting off course by 1D6 x 100 yards/meters. Consecutive failed rolls means the individual does not realize that he's off course and continues in the wrong direction. His course can only be corrected when he makes a successful roll. Base Skill: 30% + 4% per level of experience.

Undersea Salvage (Technical): The character knows how to locate and identify objects (ships, armor, gold, etc.), recognize salvageable components and materials (valuable parts, electronic equipment, weapons, coins, precious metals and gems. etc.), retrieve (with minimal damage and effort), evaluate (estimate approximate resale value based on the item's condition), clean/restore (restoration gets top salvage price), and sell salvaged underwater artifacts, equipment, parts, and scrap metal. The salvage skill also offers methods of exploiting and capitalizing on some of the simple resources under the seas, including rudimentary mining, excavation, and gathering coral, rocks, seaweed, sponges, clams, oysters, and starfish. The character is also familiar with underwater cutting tools, cranes, pulleys, and tow lines, and can strip/cut apart and retrieve wreckage and machinery for use as scrap metal. Those with mechanical engineering can salvage working parts, make repairs on slightly damaged items, and even raise small sunken ships and subs. Base Skill: 30% + 5% per level of experience; add a salvage bonus of + 5% if a mechanical engineer.

W.P. Harpoon Gun (Modern W.P.): Proficiency with the harpoon gun. The weapon can be used either with a plain pointed end (2D6 S.D.C. damage) or with an explosive head (4D6 S.D.C. damage). Bonuses: + 1 to strike at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, and 13.

W.P. Torpedo (Military W.P.): Maintenance and a keen understanding of a torpedo's speed, range. trajectory, and most effective use. Bonuses: + 1 to strike at levels 2, 6, and 12. + 1 to strike with a depth charge at level 4.

W.P. Trident (Ancient W.P.): The practiced use of the trident as a weapon. Bonuses: + 1 to strike and parry at levels 1, 3, 7, 11, and 15. "Catch" or "Pin" an opponent 's arm, hand, foot or weapon between the prongs: +1 at levels 2, 5, 10, and 15. If a limb is caught or pinned, the trident user can twist and swing the trident with a quick movement that will force the "pinned" opponent to follow the movement and be " flipped" off his feet or upside down underwater. The victim of a body flip is thrown to the ground/down/over and loses initiative and one melee action/attack. W.P. Trident provides the body flip move only when using the trident. Typical damage is 3D6 S.D.C.; can be thrown 50 feet (15.2 m) in the air or 30 feet (9 m) underwater.

Cheers,
Tim
Danger Man
Wanderer

Olazabal Foundation Equipment

Z-98 Freeman Energy Pistol:
This is the standard sidearm of Olazabal Foundation Agents. This energy pistol is manufactured only in the Olazabal Foundation. The pistol comes with a self-destruct setting which is used to make sure the weapon does not fall into the wrong hands. Range: 600 feet (183 m). Damage: 4D6 points per blast, each blast counts as one melee attack/action. Payload: 20 shots. Recharging: Can be done with an ordinary electrical outlet, generator or car battery. Recharges at a rate of three energy blasts per minute (10 minutes for a full recharge) when using a special weapon's generator, twice that long (one blast per minute; 30 minutes total) for all other methods of recharging. Weight: 1.5 lbs. (.7 kg).

The AX-2300 Hand-Held Computer: This is a fully functioning computer that is about the size of an open paperback book. Its outer shell is even disguised to resemble a book. The computer is powered by a small, rechargeable battery (about 48 hours of life) or it can be plugged into an electrical outlet. It can also be plugged into other computer systems to allow the user to interface with them. It also has a huge electronic library of reference books (select three specific topics) stored on its hard drive. Weight: one pound (.45 kg).

Sample Olazabal Foundation Agent

Here is just one sample of an Olazabal Foundation Agent.

Old Willy
Animal Type: Chimpanzee
Alignment: Principled
Attributes: I.Q. 19, M.E. 14, M.A. 13, P.S. 16, P.P. 17, P.E. 18, P.B. 12, Spd. 20.
Weight: 135 lbs, Height: 5' 4”
Hit Points: 45, S.D.C.: 52, P.P.E.: 36
Disposition: In reality, he is adaptable, calm, curious, generous, observant, and hardworking. To maintain his cover though, Wilmot plays the role of a cantankerous, disorganized, old coot. In either persona, he will only use physical force as a last resort.
Description: Old Willy has dark body hair that has turned grey around the face and at his shoulders. His has light brown eyes. He is missing a chunk from his right ear (from an accident when he was a child).
Human Features: Hands: Full. Biped: Full. Speech: Full. Looks: None.
Powers: Advanced Vision and Prehensile Feet.
Psionics: Mind Block
Vestigial Disadvantages: Diet: Herbivore and Nearsightedness.
Level of Experience: 7th Level
Skills of Note: Acrobatics, Antiquarian (75%), Archaeology (55%), Art: Drawing & Painting (69%), Automotive Mechanics (85%), Brewing (65%), Carpentry (65%), Computer Hacking (80%), Computer Operation (90%), Computer Programming (80%), Computer Repair (90%), Concealment (64%), Detect Ambush (75%), Detect Concealment & Traps (70%), Electrical Engineering (80%), First Aid (80%), Gymnastics, Hand to Hand: Basic, History (69%), Impersonation (98/79%), Intelligence (76%), Language: English (90%), Language: Spanish (90%), Literacy: English (80%), Literacy: Spanish (80%), Mathematics: Basic (80%), Mechanical Engineering (80%), Navigation (98%), Photography (85%), Pilot: Automobile/Car (98%), Pilot: Submersibles (84%), Pilot: Truck (94%), Prowl (80%), Radio: Basic (98%), Radio: Satellite Relay (75%), Radio: Scramblers (90%), Read Sensory Equipment (80%), Recognize Weapon Quality (60%), Swimming: Advanced (98%), SCUBA (95%), Surveillance Systems (75%), Underwater Navigation (64%), W.P. Knife, W.P. Energy Pistol, W.P. Revolver, and W.P. Shotgun.
Secondary Skills: Breed & Control Insects (75/55%), General Repair & Maintenance (50%), Herbal Medicine (35/25%), Imitate Animal or Insect Sound (71%), Language: French (75%), Literacy: French (65%), Locate Secret Compartments/Doors (50%), Pilot: Motorcycle (65%), Sign Language (52%), and Streetwise (49%).
Natural Weapons: None
Attacks Per Melee Round: 5
Bonuses: +2 to strike, +3 to parry and dodge, +2 to dodge underwater, +1 to hand to hand combat damage, +2 to pull punch, +6 to roll with punch, fall or impact, kick attack (1D6 damage), and critical strike on an unmodified roll of 19 or 20.
W.P. Knife Bonuses: +3 to strike, +3 to parry, and +2 to throw.
Modern W.P. Bonuses: +5 to strike (aimed).
Other Bonuses: +5% I.Q. bonus, +6% save vs. coma/death, +2 save vs. poison/magic, sense of balance (85%), work parallel bars and rings (swing from one to the other) (95%), walk tightrope or high wire (83%), climb rope (87%), climbing (69%), back flip (87%), leap 16' high & 17' across, fearless of heights, can dive 10' (3 m) underwater, and a swimming speed of 76.
Personal Profile: Wilmot Lampkin was born and raised in a hidden underwater enclave known as the Olazabal Foundation. His chimpanzee ancestors were brought to the Foundation over a hundred years ago. he has been proud to live and work within the Olazabal Foundation but his dream was to be a field agent so he could explore the world outside. He got his wish and left the underwater sanctuary and entered the frightening and exciting surface world. He has living in the Free Town of Saylem for over twenty-five years now. He still maintains radio contact with the Olazabal Foundation and he keeps them abreast of any on-goings that occur within and around the Free Town of Saylem.

Wilmot could easily act as a patron to a group of adventurers who do various jobs for him while not realizing that the jobs were actually recognizance/scouting efforts for the Olazabal Foundation. 'Old Willy' (as he is known around Saylem) would also be a helpful ally when it comes to working against the Empire of Humanity. Whatever his function within a campaign, he will keep the existence of the Olazabal Foundation a secret and take its location to his grave if necessary.

Background: One of the Academic Underground (Olazabal Foundation Agent Apprenticeship)
Relatives & Connections: Part of a secret network of scientists and academics, known as the Olazabal Foundation, who continue the work of studying, experimenting, publishing, and archiving knowledge that would have been lost to the dark forces of ignorance.
Money: 5600 bucks
Equipment: Wilmot owns his own electrical repair shop in the Free Town of Saylem with all the necessary equipment to run his business. He has several sets of clothing (both standard and high quality clothing), a Z-98 Freeman Energy Pistol (4D6 damage) hidden in his private quarters, a Rhode Island .38 Revolver (3D6 damage/shot) with two boxes of 14 shells each, a survival knife (2D4 damage), and a AX-2300 Hand-Held Computer (with a large electronic reference library specializing in electrical engineering, radio communications/repair, and mechanical engineering).

He has a hidden radio in a secret room located in his attic. The secret door to the radio room is trapped with an electrical current. Unless the correct access code is keyed into the disguised entry number pad, then the door will deliver 6D6 damage to any who tries to open it.

And here is all of the Olazabal Foundation info in one PDF (42 KB): http://paratime.ca/pdfs/scifi/The-Olaza ... ion-v1.pdf

Cheers,
Tim
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I'm saving every bit of info you post into this thread. Hopefully I can figure out how to organize it all into a coherent DangerMan sourcebook. This is EXCELLENT stuff DM. Thank you for each and every word.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Danger Man
Wanderer

Thanks Nate. Once I have enough content (everything here is still quite preliminary), I will probably organize my own source book. ;)

One new mutant beastie...

DRAGON CARP
A large freshwater fish which has spiked silver-grey scales, a large mouth (with equally large, sharp teeth), and eyes located low on its head. They are carnivorous by nature. They especially love to feed on larger game that enter their waters.
Size: 6 - 7 ft in length.
Weight: 225 – 250 pounds
A.R.: 10
Attribute Note: Dragon carp have incredibly powerful jaws. The P.S. of a dragon carp is 3D6 + 10.
S.D.C.: 5D6 + 15
Hit Points: 4D6 + 10
P.P.E.: 3D6
Horror Factor: 12
Attacks Per Melee Round: 2
Damage: Bite does 2D6 +3 points of damage, armour spikes do 1D6 + 2 points of damage; can breathe a bolt of electricity which has a range of 40 ft (underwater), 20 ft. (above water), 5 ft. wide, and does 4D6 + 6 damage. It can breathe its breath weapon once very other round.
Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +3 to strike, +5 to dodge, and +5 to save vs. horror factor; nightvision (120 ft), swim (98%), prowl (underwater) (85%), track by smell (90%), can smell prey three miles away, keen sense of hearing, and can sense movement in the water (within 90 ft) so the dragon carp will know where the prey is even if it can't see it.
Speed: 20 (swimming)
Average Life Span: 15 – 30 years
Value: 400 - 500 bucks for a live dragon carp, 150 - 250 for a whole dead dragon carp.

And here is the PDF (25 KB) that has collected all of my mutant beasts that I've posted so far: http://paratime.ca/pdfs/scifi/ATB-Animal-Life-v1.pdf

Cheers,
Tim
Danger Man
Wanderer

And here is another potential Pre-Gen Character/NPC. Please note that I've included a link for a PDF of this character at the end of the document. I've gone back and did the same for the Brex and Perardo write-ups.

Redwynd
Animal Type: Robin
Alignment: Scrupulous
Attributes: I.Q. 15, M.E. 13, M.A. 14, P.S. 17, P.P. 21, P.E. 16, P.B. 17, Spd. 16.
Weight: 61 lbs, Height: 4' 4”
Hit Points: 18, S.D.C.: 48, P.P.E.: 32
Disposition: Confident, clear-headed, earnest, independent, precise, high-spirited, excitable, and often impatient.
Description: Redwynd has a reddish-orange breast, a dark brown back, white throat with black streaks, and his belly and undertail feathers are white. His bill is yellow with a dark tip. His legs and feet are brown. He has several long scars on his right leg he received from a crash landing several years ago.
Human Features: Hands: Full (Extra Limbs). Biped: Full. Speech: Partial. Looks: None.
Powers: Advanced Vision and Basic Flight.
Psionics: None
Vestigial Disadvantages: Diet: Insectivore
Level of Experience: 1st Level
Skills of Note: Boxing, Camouflage (20%), Demolitions (60%), Demolitions Disposal (60%), Hand to Hand: Expert, Intelligence (32%), Interrogation (40%), Language: English (40%), Navigation (50%), Prowl (25%), Read Sensory Equipment (30%), Recognize Weapon Quality (25%), Wilderness Survival (30%), W.P. Revolver, W.P. Rifle, and W.P. Sub-Machinegun.
Secondary Skills: Detect Ambush (30%), General Repair & Maintenance (35%), Imitate Animal or Insect Sound (42%), Literacy: English (30%), and Streetwise (20%).
Natural Weapons: 1D6 Talons (on feet only)
Attacks Per Melee Round: 5
Bonuses: +5 to parry and dodge, +3 to strike, +2 hand to hand damage, +2 to pull punch, and +4 to roll with fall or knockdown impact.
Other Bonuses: +4% to save vs. coma/death, +1 to save vs. magic/poison, and charm/impress 35%.
Modern W.P. Bonuses: +3 to strike (aimed).
Personal Profile: Rynpole Redwynd was born and raised the frontier near Bordertown. His whole family was wiped out by a New Kennel raid when he was six years old. Fortunately he was taken under the wing of a mutant crow guerrilla fighter, known as Jekkle, who trained Redwynd in the arts of guerrilla fighting. By the age of sixteen, Redwynd wanted to join Jekkle and his raiders, but Jekkle refused. He cared for Redwynd as his own son and he didn't want to put him in a situation where he would lose him since he had lost too much already (his wife and children were killed by an Empire of Humanity raid a year before he met Redwynd).

At the age of eighteen, Redwynd finally convinced Jekkle that he had the right to join him on his raids into New Kennel. Jekkle didn't want to admit that Redwynd was right, but he allowed Redwynd to join his raiders anyways. Redwynd earned his place within the guerrilla group by acting as an air scout. After several small raids, tragedy struck the guerrilla group – Jekkle was killed by an Empire of Humanity raider party. Redwynd was heart broken by the death.

The group's second in command, a mutant bulldog named Perov, took control of the group. There has always been friction between Perov and Redwynd (with Jekkle mediating between the two). This friction only increased with Perov's leadership. Redwynd felt Perov didn't respect the lives of the members of the group and wasted them on stupid and reckless missions. After the last raid, the group lost two more of its members due to Perov's recklessness and Redwynd told him to go to Hell. Redwynd left the group and is now seeking like minded individuals to join.

Background: Guerrilla Warrior
Relatives & Connections: Rynpole is very familiar with the contested borderlands around the Empire of Humanity, and knows quite a few of the guerrilla groups still in operation.
Money: 360 bucks.
Equipment: Basic clothing, lightweight vinyl backpack, a waterproof sleeping bag (up to Size Level 12), crank-powered flashlight, bush knife (2D4 damage), Hickory "Smoke" .22 sub-machinegun (2D4 per round or 4D4 per thee round burst), with 3 extra 20 round clips.

And here is the character's PDF (15 KB): http://paratime.ca/pdfs/scifi/Redwynd-R ... nturer.pdf

Cheers,
Tim
Ronin84
D-Bee

Unread post by Ronin84 »

This was an excellent job and I know that I am commenting on an old post but this deserved it! Well done and swiped to be used sometime down the road!!
Danger Man
Wanderer

Thanks Ronin84. Unfortunately the ATB campaign has been placed on hold for the time being.

In the meantime, I do have an idea for a transdimensional TMNT campaign that I've been working on lately.

Cheers,
Tim
Germ
Newb

Unread post by Germ »

So, this is really weird.

I've played a lot of TMNT, but haven't played any RPG for years now. I was looking into buying a copy of After the Bomb and enlisting some of my old friends to run a game and stumbled into this thread. Campaign ideas, perfect!

Here's the strange part. As I read along my jaw hit the floor. I HAVE LIVED MY WHOLE LIFE IN/AROUND SALEM, NEW JERSEY. I just can't believe you have developed a setting based on this tiny little town. I was going to ask which of my old TMNT friends you are, Danger Man, but I see you're from Canada.

Well, I made a Megaverse forums account just to post this and let you know how cool I think you're campaign ideas are. I'm going to show this to my old TMNT group and I know they're all going to freak out. Thanks a lot!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Welcome Germ. As you can see, danger man makes incredible stuff.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Cedric Caleb
D-Bee
Comment: It's been quite awhile since I last visited the site. Back then I was Reid's Ranger so if anyone remembers me.

Unread post by Cedric Caleb »

I may have to just say it, curse you Danger Man. I read and looked over this material and poured over it until 2:30 last night. I like what you did with this and, I hate to admit it, but it made me realize how little of my own imagination is going into the table games I am running as a GM; so thanks for the wake up call. As for the campaign, I would hope to borrow it in the next few weeks as a starter for my table group to give the crew a fresh look at an old favorite.
Rather than putting up another Gamers or GM looking for Game I guess I should post here. Looking to Play or GM an AtB game on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Keeping Saturday open for table game campaign.

Also, I may be away for a week or so around 06-15 APR 15, due to wife having another death in her family.
Danger Man
Wanderer

Thanks for the comments, guys. I've been out of commission lately (first from the flu and then I pulled a muscle in my lower back). I'm finally feeling better but busy with catching up on everything. Oh, and welcome to the boards, Germ (and welcome back Cedric Caleb)!

Germ, the process of me selecting your home town was pure luck. I studied the map from the original After the Bomb book and then checked out the area on Google Maps (I also used Google Maps to help build my own maps) to get a feel for the area. I selected Salem for several reasons: 1) it was near a waterway for trade, 2) it was far enough away from New Kennel/Empire of Humanity, and 3) I happen to always liked the name Salem. ;)

As I've said before, this and my other thread is mainly a way for me to scratch a nostalgic itch that pops up from time to time. There will be periods where I'm busy with my current (non-Palladium related) projects, but I always end up going back to work on my ideas as the inspiration hits me.

Cheers,
Tim
Cedric Caleb
D-Bee
Comment: It's been quite awhile since I last visited the site. Back then I was Reid's Ranger so if anyone remembers me.

Unread post by Cedric Caleb »

Thanks for noticing the return Danger Man. I half expected to see a name change consistent with the world, like 'Sail-um' or 'Shell-em' something rather silly like that. Perhaps 'Snail-ham' since it's in the garden state. Sorry for two short posts in a row. My wife just got some very bad news so I've got those hubby responsibilities.
Rather than putting up another Gamers or GM looking for Game I guess I should post here. Looking to Play or GM an AtB game on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Keeping Saturday open for table game campaign.

Also, I may be away for a week or so around 06-15 APR 15, due to wife having another death in her family.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”