death and true death

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hollowecho
Wanderer

death and true death

Unread post by hollowecho »

How many of you have a favorite badie that you made and refused to let die, like he is blown up only to teturn with some new cybernetics or due to his allies saved healed up but now has a scar to remind him of his defeat? In my gamesif you didnt see the body ....he aint dead
Noon
Champion

Re: death and true death

Unread post by Noon »

I generally avoid it.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I generally make bad guy NPC's to either die or be recurring villains. The recurring ones I don't tend to put into situations where they will die until some climatic part of the plot where that NPC's end is the point of the plot. I don't end up recasting them however. I did once but it caused some plot holes as to why they survived, so didn't do it again.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

I tend to avoid it. I have done it a few times, but many years ago. What I have done is take that now dead npc, swapped some skills/abilities around, some new equipment, and a new name. Presto, a brand 'new' npc I didn't have to spend a lot of time on.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

depends on the game. If its a highly cinematic game, sure the bad guy might make a sequel or three. Otherwise I tend to figure that if you kill it, it will die. Though I will look at HOW you kill something, and what sorts of precautions it has.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”