Humans mutating into animals

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kirby77
D-Bee

Humans mutating into animals

Unread post by Kirby77 »

In the new show, this is one of two ways to create a mutant (Rock-steady, Bebop, Splinter, Dog Pound, Robo-Carp (or Fish-Face) etc.) - the other of course being to mutate an animal into human form (sort of), like, well, the Turtles.

Are there official rules for this (and if so, where), or have any of you drew up some home-brew rules for doing so.

Thanks in advance.
Rali
Hero

Re: Humans mutating into animals

Unread post by Rali »

Humans are covered starting on page 119 of AtB Second Edition. However, these rules do not turn the human into an animal.

For that, I'd refer you to the Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition. There is a mutant power that allows the character to take on the traits and powers/abilities of an animal. I don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but I would wager that would be more fitting to what you are looking for and covered in the official rules.

Alternatively, work with your GM to create a house rule for your game; or create a mutant animal with the existing rules, and retcon their background to say that they started out as a human.

A good example of this concept are the Morphing Period comics (Tales of the Morphing Period and The Morphing Period Annual) by Richard Thatcher, a setting I wish Palladium would consider adapting into the next TMNT:AOS.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Actually, the new After the Bomb book does have some human mutation where the human takes on animal traits.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Kirby77
D-Bee

Unread post by Kirby77 »

I am awair of both of those, but neither really accomplishes what I was looking for. I suppose the retcon-ing option will have to do.

Thanks anyway
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'd say you'd just roll up the mutant animal as normal, and have the human thing as a backstory. you'd probably want to take as many humanoid traits as possible too.

in the show(s) the affected humans seem to take on the traits of whatever animal they are exposed to in the brief time before/after exposure to whatever mutagenic substance is involved. thus bebop and rocksteady, exposed to a Rhino and a Warthog, take on the traits of those animals. just like the Turtles (and earlier depictions of splinter) have turtles and a rat that had been exposed to humans prior gaining humanoid traits.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Kirby77
D-Bee

Unread post by Kirby77 »

Looks like Mutant Underground will work best.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Kirby77 wrote:In the new show, this is one of two ways to create a mutant (Rock-steady, Bebop, Splinter, Dog Pound, Robo-Carp (or Fish-Face) etc.) - the other of course being to mutate an animal into human form (sort of), like, well, the Turtles.
Actually, these were the 2 ways in the original 80s/90s cartoon.

The 2012 series revived these (they kinda got ignored in the 2003 series, sticking with solely making animals humanoid) and added a THIRD kind, which we have seen in...
(Do not read unless you have seen up to episode 35 "The Kraang Conspiracy")
Spoiler:
Mutagen Man and the April Clones: just utterly messing up humanity into a monstrosity not human or animal.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”