Creating Spacecraft & Spacecraft/air combat! Help!

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Creating Spacecraft & Spacecraft/air combat! Help!

Unread post by The Beast »

Nerhesi wrote:For spacecraft construction - the best rules to use would be the Aliens Unlimited - Galaxy guide ones correct?

Absolutely correct.

Also - regarding spacecraft/aircraft combat! - Help me!

a) TMF is gone now right? Between HU 2nd edition and Aliens unlimited construction rules - I can't find it at all.
b) Ok so I notice in the Aliens unlimited (the most recent book), the engine types gives bonuses to dodge. But where is dodge even used? When I Reference the most recent version of air/space combat rules - I don't see a "dodge" roll at all. I see you either Dog Tail, Evade or Tilt Dodge. Evade gives your attacker a -4 on striking and tilt dodge makes the attack automatically miss.

Can someone please clarify these things for me as to how striking/dodging works in conjunction evading/tilt dodging? What happened to TMF? etc etc...

Thank you!

Yeah, it looks like TMF was removed from HU2. Not sure why. As far as the combat rolls go, I haven't done vehicle combat outside of mecha units for over a decade now, so I'm not entirely sure how that still works. :oops: AFAIK, most of the rolls are going to be straight dice rolls. Attackers can add in the bonus from the Weapon Systems skill, and any targeting computer bonuses, that's likely it though.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”