AtB game set in the Southeast

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hollowecho
Wanderer

AtB game set in the Southeast

Unread post by hollowecho »

Ok so my last game fell apart do to some weird happings of the group but I pushed on and got a group together we have 4 players confirmed with maybe 2 more in the wings
This is going to be set in the shadows of the Appalation mountains near Chattanooga Tn and ranges as far south as B'ham Al and as far north as Lexington KY and west over to Memphis TN
In my game the time line is little off the Empire of Man is stronger now then in the book now du to there genetic research they are able to make stronger troops and better equipment due to the resource grab ( if you play rifts think early coalition )

The town is small 1300 population called "Mercer " it lies on the shore of the Tennessee River
Here are the major NPCs of the town

Mayor Colt Gryffen ( mutant Hawk, can't fly ) has been mayor for 10 years and doesn't look like anybody is going to unseat him

Sheriff Two Holes (Mutant donkey) does what's right even though it might put him at odds with the Mayor and the town

Frances the School Teacher ( mutant cow) works with the towns children ( is the liberal with a gun type)

Johnny X ( human black smith )
No one knows about his past he was found outside of town 5 years ago. He was left for dead after being shot. Margaret Carsten nursed him back to health. when he awoke he couldnt remember who he was or why he had been shot. The only clue about his past was the mechanics shirt that he was wearing said Johnny.

Madame Jubey ( house cat calico)owner of the Pretty Kitty Saloon. She loves to make cat puns. She protectects her girls like momma cat does her kittens.

Sargent Sam ( mutant alligator ) he is the leader of the local militia. He is in charge of the armory. He was the son of the last Milita leader who after 80 years has retired. Sam has a preference for shotguns and wears a hog leg at all times. He also wears a MOLLE vest that reads SAM I

Sir Reggie Pendrake ( mutant Frog )he speaks with a Cajun accent. He rides a gigantic grasshopper that he trained. He is a wild fellow that is known to take risk for high rewards. He has fallen in love with Madame Jubey

Margaret Carsten (mutant raccoon) local town doctor. she has a house on the outskirts of town where her and her two sons live. He husband "Burton" was a Cardian scout that went missing 3 years ago. Belived to be one of the smartest women in town

Captan Sparrow ( mutant bird ( sparrow ) owner of the "Money Plays" a tugboat that he won in a poker game

Eddie lizard ( mutant lizard with mind powers ) runs the ileagal side of town
Has two body guards The Bash Bros mutant boars ( think rocksteady in a suit)

Rum and Rom twin rabbits that run the local general store ( work for the rodent cartel ) finish each others sentences often ( think Tomax and Xamot but friendly )

Mister Jason ( mutant sheep) local bank owner owns about 40% of the town. Has been known to turn a blind eye to people who are a little late with their payments. Owns the McMahon platation with his wife and 6 ewes

Our PCs so far are,
• Xanxer- mutant house cat who has used his wits to stay alive so far
•Vladimir "Vlad " Delray-Mutant Bat a local militia scout
•Lorenzo "Splice" VonMatterhorn -mutant Fox, the hotshot town mechanic
•Stewart "Suga" Reed- mutant wolf, local farm boy that wants something more

I'm looking for more towns people that could inhabit the town. also do you think this is a good idea for a campaign...
I decide that the group will meet Clem ...and I reworking the hated turtles gone Hollywood turning Rat Pack and the crew are becoming guerial fighters ( I'm ditch the whole drugs angle ) and I plan on making a bad guy called "Gen. Harold Mustang" he is a mutant that has some powers
Last edited by hollowecho on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hollowecho
Wanderer

Re: AtB game set in the Southeast

So our first game was tonight our local mechanic and militia member wee tasked with going towards the north an picking up some supplies ...some weapons for the armory, a generator for Johnny X, and a engine for a semi truck. They needed a wagon to carry the supplies back so they went to the biggest farm in the area for "Hoppers". That's where they met Suga the young farm hand. He noticed that the two of them didn't know how to drive a wagon. He said he help for a cut of the loot bonus. The group decides they are going to need a tracker so they head up to Miss Kitties to ask around for the best...then what they could afford the barkeep points to the small wild looking fellow at the end of the bar.Xanxer sands up and says "don't call me little". After they explain what they need he also agrees to help them out for a share of the goods. So our would be heroes set off following the road heading north. After two days the come across a old town that was bombed out. The group scouts the area out and notices a group of giant ants roaming the streets. They feel that they could go around the town.. Sure it would add two days to the travel time ...( and by passing the whole adventure I had planed on) I teased them with a wild animal ...a bunny... Which the Suga and Splice proceed to hunt. They found there way back to the main rd and travel on for about 5 hrs until the came across a old run down farmhouse .After scoping out the barn and house they decided to rest in the barn for the night. The group is awoken to the sound of a freight train..( from this point on we ran "Clem's Big adventure " here is the twist the device that controles the ant is the same as the one from turtles gone Hollywood )
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

My atb guys are always running into mutant insects (beetles mostly). We don't always get a chance to avoid combat. in fact, i don't thing the GM has ever let us get away from a fight. Which is all for the good I guess because with dead beetles, and the skills skin and prepare hides and general maintenance we've made several life saving sets of armor (like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxuVau6qiiw) and a couple pretty nasty weapons (like so [from aliens vs predator] http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb12 ... 040882.jpg).

But back to your original thought. No, I don't believe there is anything wrong at all with having your game set in your own fictional town or even having the pc's running their own town. That's exactly what happened to 2 of our TMNT pc's. we were kidnapped and taken to a government research facility way up in the middle of no where colorado. While we were there, the site was overrun by zombies. So I had to kill all the zombies, escape the facility and make my way to the closest anything I could find. the only road led to a small 1 road town (which was overrun by zombies). I killed all the zombies, went back to the base to look for heavy duty gear/weapons, found my partner who I thought was dead and claimed the town for my own.

Since then, games using those to 2 pc's are centered in what is now a town sized hunting lodge/resort destination/ mutant animal haven. It's pretty sweet having your own town. sometimes the games are kind of mundane (someone is doing breaking and entering and vanalism. go stop them) others are pretty exciting (strange stuff going on out in the woods.. investigate)

I think you've got a heck of a series of games lined up for yourself and your group.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
hollowecho
Wanderer

Game 2- Attack on Ant-Town

So after the group soundly defeated the F.O.B.of the Empire our 4 favorite mutants head back with the plans for the "G.U.N" ( genetic universal neurilizer) but first a little clean up ....Ant-Town... Our Heros now armed with motion detectors and coms check out the town and eliminate the the four scout ants (drones from Clems big adventure) that patrol the town ... The players then loot the remaining buildings. When the come across a make shift fortification and a boarded up door from the inside... They decide to break down the door where the find a lone mutant raccoon and two ants,all dead, his ID marks him as a member Cardanian army, on his remains a scrap of paper with some coordinates .... The group decides to clean out the hive by detonating a couple of well place bombs and tricks shots from explosive arrows ....Shugga leads the group to a shallow grave . The party thinking it be a weapons cache dig it up ... Only to find a true old world artifact, a Metal Man named 121-Rx-MSU. They find out he is a scientific tool...and refers to players as " Pets" the group decides to keep him. They return back to Mercer to trade in the captured goods.
hollowecho
Wanderer

Game 3 the Yehcat invasion
Our heroes have been working on an armored pickup truck dubbed "Bubba".While the group was picking up some parts from the trading post
a black wagon rolls into town, at the reins sit two classic clad ninjas. The carriage opens and 4 more ninjas revile themselves along with a large tigerman dressed in the same manner but with no hood. He tacks a large flyer up near town square then leaves. The town wonders up and the ones that can read do so to the illiterate.. (out of our group only one can read). The paper expounds upon the virtues of joining Yehcat ... Free Electricity ...Clean Water...Aid from disasters...Allies against bandits...all the town would have to do is swear allegiance to Yehcat and to President Komani ....the town has two weeks to respond.. The guildsmen and the town council meet to decide the towns fate... The next day Big SAM rounds up the group and takes them to the Mayor Gryffen office. There they are ask to check out two towns Cullen ( a high religious sect of herbivores that have made a town 60 miles east) and Snogville ( a swamp town that was mostly known for its logging and fishing )that has recently join Yehcat the group ferries " Bubba " and sets off towards Cullen they can't seem to find it but they find is a large crater where the town is suppose to be.The group assumes that Cullen was blown off the map buy a large bomb or a they did it to themselves.
The group returns to the town with the news the spend the next 4 days walking through the swamps to come across a bear who has carved himself a clearing and a home in the swamp. The party introduces themselves and find out his name is "Grylls" and he his out in the swamp because he doesn't like people...but he he ask them to dinner. they ask what is he cooking "grilled swamp hog with grubs and wild rice. " The party spends the night. And heads into town they notice that the small town has been recently renovated about a mile surrounding the town has been leveled and a large timber fence has been erected the are two gates into the town both are maned with large caliber machine guns and spotlights. On the machine guns are the same looking Ninjas. The towns seems ok but there is an uneasiness to it. The group splits up and finds that there money needs to be exchanged at today's rate of 5 Bucks to 1 C-Notes. Xanxer notices that most of the ninjas are cats and are bit of bullies. They don't wait in line,they harass the townsfolk, and they take what they want. So playing a hunch he does the same..until the Boss shows up.. He is quickly arrested and taken to the jail. The group quickly comes up with a plan to free him..but thinks twice,once they relize they are out gun and out maned 3 to one. Xanxer makes some friends in jail. "Ralph" a long eared rabbit with a mouth ... Also a thief.."Tommy Richter "son of the local sawmill owner and resistance member and "Happi" an older turtle who is a bit crazy and sarcastic ..he complained to the guards about Xanxer. Xanxer finds out that that they are going to be shipped out tomorrow to Yehcat
for trial. The rest of the group plans an ambush for the transport. After a quick fight they escape back to Grylls cabin where they learn that the local sawmill was shut down and has been used as a base for the rebels. It was where Tom was captured. Grylls suggest they not stay here as the ninjas will be out looking for them. Tom takes the group to the rebel camp. There they see a group of 30 individuals in a tent city on the side of a mountain. from that vantage can see the smoke of the evening meals of the town. The party ask how trained are the rebels. They come to find out that these are political rebels not fighting rebels. While discussing there next move a bright light flashes from the south and the town is gone...
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Sounds like a great game.
hollowecho
Wanderer

Game 5- Revenge.....
So our group decides to go to Yethcat and take care of the problem once and for all ( Idecided to make Yethcat a police state but with a twist local are G-Thugs their means of getting around are tricked out impalas like you used to see in early 90s rap videos and President Konomi was a chain wearing Suge Knight Persian cat) their belongings and head to the ATL. After dealing with a local businessman Sammy Southpaw (mutant bulldog) "used car"exporter. They secure a wagon and head into the main town..where Xanxer decides to sellout the party on a hunch.... Suga and Splice get arrested while Vlad escapes and hides out in a Local watering hole....for alerting the Yethcat Ninjas to the "terrorist threat" is asked to help round up Vlad while they take the two " Mongrels" to the stadium. He agrees. So Xanxer and 3 ninjas a find Vlad ,where Vlad shows them that the big metal sword he carries can do. So Vlad and Xanxer use the Patrol Impala in to the main city..they ditch the car and radio the others ....meanwhile our two dogs fought there way out of the Stadium under tunnels and still a golf cart ...
hollowecho
Wanderer

Gamee 6...go time!
"No more plans..no more sneaking... hit the front door and go..." This was the battle cry for this game as they rig up the golf cart to blow and send it into the the front door. They proceed to drop everything in there way with rolling 20 after 20 (seriously Vlad rolled 4 in a row with his explosive arrows on a group of six ninjas ). The group meets "Boss"the mutant tiger from snogville and in two actions dispatch him ( he pulls a grenade splice call shots the grenade out of his hand it blows up..I roll max damage ...Sugar runs over and bites him rolls a Nat 20 and finishes him off). They make it up to the top floor where they see his elite guard protecting Ali konomi as he takes a elevator up to the penthouse the group finally chews threw the guards... Suga is almost dead as he only has 10 hp left. The group makes it to the penthouse where Ali has a pistol drawn on them he fires only to be gun down in a blaze of glory buy the group. The find the lockbox with the controls in it..Xanxer rips it out of the terminal and it explodes sending him and Spilce into low HP territory....they proceed to escape and recover back with there new friend Grylls.
hollowecho
Wanderer

game 7 the Green menance....( more to come)

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”