Making your own Leather or Insect Hide Armor?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Making your own Leather or Insect Hide Armor?

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I scoured the skill list and can't quite find a skill that explicitly allows you to make your own armor out of natural materials. There is the Armorer skill under the apprenticeship of the same name, but that is a metalworking skill and not what I'm talking about.

My Pc has been doing this using the skill of Skin and Prepare Animal Hides and General Repair and Maintenance (which lets you patch armor). I think of the leftover parts of the giant mutant insects as the hard shell pieces that are left over after eating lobster or crab. Clean all the meat out, apply a preservative to prevent decay and viola, a nice piece of body armor. Granted it's not easy to fix once you start losing SDC (we've been using left over bits of previously bashed armor to patch it up.) but it beats fighting without protection.

What are your thoughts and or solutions to this?

Thanks,

Nate
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Making your own Leather or Insect Hide Armor?

Really? No one has anything to say? Am I being shunned?

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
hollowecho
Wanderer

Unread post by hollowecho »

I just let a PC do this what I ruled is it has -2 from its Natural AR and 1/4 S.D.C., my cowboy is loving his ant armor
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Seeing as how the majority of my random wilderness encounters have been giant insects, armor and spear heads made from dead giant beetles is invaluable. I've fought npc's to the death over my armor... and also because they looked tasty.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Since I default to TMNT&OS and not the new AtB, I would just let a sufficiently "woodsy" character make the armor. Wilderness Survival, or Hunting would work for me.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

TMNT is a "modern" setting. you should be able to buy conventional armor or loot it off of dead npc's. that's the beauty of a headshot. it only ruins the helmet.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”