Board index » SDC Worlds » After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®

Post subject: Stuff we have lost
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Adventurer

When Palladium Books lost its TMNT license, they were able to salvage the TMNT 2e book that they were working on by reworking it as the After the Bomb RPG; at least, that's my understanding of what happened. Then the TMNT 1e supplements that were based on the After the Bomb setting instead of the TMNT property survived due to their lack of connection to TMNT.

Unfortunately, a few really good supplements got lost in the shuffle: in particular, I'm thinking of the TMNT Guide to the Universe and Transdimensional TMNT. Anyone recall either of those? I really miss the latter one, as it's the book that got me into Palladium Books way back when.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the contents of the two books reworked to stop them of copyright material then combined into a “Mutants Through Time and Space” supplement.

Post subject: Re: Stuff we have lost
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Champion

Well you could do it and publish the results here on the forums as a "fan update". As long as don't convert over any properties licensed from Mirage studios (things specific to the turtles comic/universe.) I think you should be ok. Might want to check with someone more knowledgeable than me about that.

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Stuff we have lost
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Explorer

dataweaver wrote:
When Palladium Books lost its TMNT license, they were able to salvage the TMNT 2e book that they were working on by reworking it as the After the Bomb RPG; at least, that's my understanding of what happened. Then the TMNT 1e supplements that were based on the After the Bomb setting instead of the TMNT property survived due to their lack of connection to TMNT.

Unfortunately, a few really good supplements got lost in the shuffle: in particular, I'm thinking of the TMNT Guide to the Universe and Transdimensional TMNT. Anyone recall either of those? I really miss the latter one, as it's the book that got me into Palladium Books way back when.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the contents of the two books reworked to stop them of copyright material then combined into a “Mutants Through Time and Space” supplement.

I agree!
Great books both of which could use some updating. I know another Chat person "Jack Burton" is working on great fan material! He would likely be a fantastic resource for the modern weapons. Adding a comprehensive ancient weapons list and muskets and manicles and such would be good to see again too!
Now how does one get Palladium on board?
I love this idea!