rifts conversion

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

rifts conversion

Unread post by csbioborg »

how would you convert the bugs to rifts. and how ouwld they do especially against CS tech.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Marcethus
Champion

Re: rifts conversion

Unread post by Marcethus »

The CS due to its amount of power used would be screwed except for possible Psychic warnings. But just because the Electricity is generated by Nuclear means doesn't mean the bugs couldn't travel via it. I don't see them travelling to where the power is generated (been awhile since I read the SF book so not sure if they can weather radiation or not). The same goes for all high tech kingdoms. Even those using electricity generated by Mystic Generators would still have hardlines that the bugs could use.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

If the bugs invade Rifts North America I'm moving over to Stormspire and pray to god that all those hijacked CS "Toys" don't find me.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

Corporal Micheal wrote:somewhere in the SF book it states how to convert them and that they can use TW weapons and etc but can't meld with them.

Pages 62 and 127 of Systems Failure specifically deal with using the Bugs in Rifts.
Veritas476
Adventurer

Unread post by Veritas476 »

So using the bugs in Rifts is covered in the book. But what about the organitech weapons and armor produced by NORAD?
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Veritas476 wrote:So using the bugs in Rifts is covered in the book. But what about the organitech weapons and armor produced by NORAD?

Seems simple enough to use the same rules as the bugs.
HP and SDC is turned into MDC, PS is supernatural (robotic might make more sense since the organitech is similar to Splicer tech which IIRC uses robotic in Rifts).
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

You recall correctly, and imho the organitech can be more powerful in some cases. I especially like their version of power armor. I also use them in Splicers, and have toyed around with giving them to the CS by way of Lone Star capturing and reproducing the tech. The arrival of the bugs would quickly follow.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.

Return to “Systems Failure™”