The Rifts Board Game goes Digital.

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

The Rifts Board Game goes Digital.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Dear Carmen,

Right now, given everything, you're probably feeling like you want to be FAR-FAR away from all of this. I do not blame you. I have no doubt that the efforts you have invested are extensive. However, its unlikely a Rifts Miniatures game (in a traditional sense) will be the sucsess you had hoped for. At least that is my belief.

EDIT: The situation is bad enough, further escalation is unnecessary ~ Jefffar

I would like to propose taking what you have done and rather than releasing it as a miniatures game, release it via Steam. A tactical combat system (Like Super Chess) following the rules you have made that can also be used by GMs and Players to run their battles. It sounds like a lot more work than it actually is but it will also draw a larger audience and pull in potential players that might not have otherwise considered Rifts.

Mechanically, it is easy enough to set up (especially given what you've done) and the models you intended to use for miniatures can also be used digitally by a number of programs. Taking a note from the "Dawn of War" series you can include additional races as DLC as the project expands.

Multiplayer functionality allowing for tablets to be linked would allow entire tables to move their characters or their armies against one another.

It will also cut down on the cost of physically producing a product. There are a number of advantages. Think of this whole ordeal as tripping over the step on a new stairwell. Its only up from here my friend.

Just an idea.

Best~
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: The Rifts Board Game goes Digital.

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I wonder if Rogue Heroes' Rifts license includes video games.

If so, this would be an interesting idea for them to consider.

Though I wonder how hard would it be to program the AI for single player?

Turn-based games are easier to program, but still not a walk in the park...unless that park is in Madhaven.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”