Battleoid Arms Guide

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LordLobo
D-Bee

Battleoid Arms Guide

Unread post by LordLobo »

I went through all the arms on the Battleoid sprue and carefully attempted to figure out what forearm goes with each shoulder

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60602737@ ... 0404616878

The letters indicate the 'whole arm', and the L for left and R for right or G for gun.

The numbers at the bottom are complete 'sets'. Notably, sets 2 and 4 must go together entirely. The other left/right arms can be independent.

Not all the elbows are perfect fits. You could theorize they could be mix-and-match. But I would hope the 'most sense' would be to group them as I've pictured.

Sets A and E are the most egregious elbows.

Yes, I photocopied the sprue to make this.

I want to make some detailed modelling videos to help the newer model builders out there, that may be coming soon. These are not the most difficult models, but they have their...difficulties.
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Re: Battleoid Arms Guide

Unread post by LtPebbles »

Thank you for doing this. Selecting the right correct arms has been time consuming and frustrating. This guide should help a bunch.
Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Pythdamion »

Nicely done
R_Y_D_E_R
D-Bee

Unread post by R_Y_D_E_R »

LordLobo wrote:I went through all the arms on the Battleoid sprue and carefully attempted to figure out what forearm goes with each shoulder

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60602737@ ... 0404616878

The letters indicate the 'whole arm', and the L for left and R for right or G for gun.

The numbers at the bottom are complete 'sets'. Notably, sets 2 and 4 must go together entirely. The other left/right arms can be independent.

Not all the elbows are perfect fits. You could theorize they could be mix-and-match. But I would hope the 'most sense' would be to group them as I've pictured.

Sets A and E are the most egregious elbows.

Yes, I photocopied the sprue to make this.

I want to make some detailed modelling videos to help the newer model builders out there, that may be coming soon. These are not the most difficult models, but they have their...difficulties.

Great Post ,Thanks alot !
GaiusHarlock
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by GaiusHarlock »

after working for 2 hours assembling one Battloid and THEN finding this is has cut my assembly time to 30ish minutes per battloid...

great work thanks for doing this
LordLobo
D-Bee

Unread post by LordLobo »

Darwin_green5 wrote:could you post how the forarms are supposed to be attatched? Like is the elbow facing out or under since it affects the bend of the wrists.

Basically i'm asking if you could post a picture on how they're supposed to be assembled too.

Unfortunately this would be difficult since I built all my Battleoids and I don't have a full set of parts as spares.

I will say, the elbows don't specifically match to any specific forearm as far as I can tell - the diagram is more of a representation of what 'makes sense' based on their positions on the sprue.

Some elbows are clearly 'left or right' - for example Shoulder/Elbow C is a left-arm only.

Other pieces don't always fit perfectly so you'll have to experiment and fail some. That's not the worst thing, I did that several times. If anything, the 'most difficult' poses to achieve are the ones where the gun is going across the chest. I gave up on doing that after the 2nd one I built.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”