Modeling Veritech Battloids to have dynamic poses

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

Modeling Veritech Battloids to have dynamic poses

Unread post by Pythdamion »

Hey Guys,

I just put up a post on my blog showing how I modified the legs of the Veritech Battloids to create some varied dynamic poses.

http://rpgandtactics.blogspot.com/2014/09/veritech-battloid-dynamic-poses.html
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: Modeling Veritech Battloids to have dynamic poses

Unread post by Phaze »

Nice work. I modified the foot on the straight leg to make it look like he was in a sprint pose.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/Magall.jpg

I also, as an experiment, played with magnatizing the heads:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/Magbody.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/Maghead.jpg

I used 1/16th magnets (1.6mm). Seems to work well.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

Its a pretty straight forward conversion. Did you use a piece of wire between the two legs before you greenstuffed the gap?

Phaze,

I'm honestly surprised by the head conversion I know how small those heads are! How did you ever drill out those holes to the right size?
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Pin vise and a sharp (new) 1/16th drill bit. Its a bit tricky to get the hole in the neck. It works better if you shave off the rounded nub on the neck and drill in the center. The walls are thin but a touch of super glue and the magnet and you are all set. Do the same in the pit where the head inserts and add another magnet (be watchfull of the poles!) I have a magnet glued to my workstation. I put another magnet on top of it and mark the exposed side with a sharpie marker. On the body, I glue the marked side out and on the extremity (head in this case) I glue the marked side in. This way all my parts are interchagable with all of the minis, because its uniform.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

I didn't pin the pieces, although for durability I probably should have.

Hey Phaze, great job on the magnets, going to try that in my next squad.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Considering the difference in time frame between the first Core boxes going out and the last ones arriving to international backers might be 4-5 months or more (end of August to the end of the year or later), yeah, it's kind of unreasonable for people to think that nobody would start talking about actual assembly and whatnot.

I think those people can safely be disregarded as ___holes.
Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

I think using magnets on the missiles would be very hard and require small fingers. I model my fighters with both missile options similar to the do you remember love toys
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

good stuff! I plan on doing some pretty heavy modifications myself, same basic techniques though I'll prob use regular green stuff since I have a surplus.

More importantly you're paint jobs solved an issue for me. I was trying to decide on realistic paint jobs or more cartoon like paint jobs. The heavy black lining gives it a great but easy to do cartoon look I really like!
In the middle of painting my first mecha!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”