Question on some card symbols

Here you can discuss rules related questions pertaining to the Robotech RPG Tactics™ game. Do you have your own rules modifications to share? Constructive suggestions for future rules expansion? Talk about them here!

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Question on some card symbols

Unread post by Axoid »

On the Core Squadron cards, lets say for example an Area Denial Squadron, there are colored boxes under each set of damage circles. This particular cards has red, yellow, and green boxes (with what looks like an Mega-Damage gear symbol), but other cards can have anywhere from no colored symbols to any combination of red, green, and yellow.

Since the rulebook doesn't have a breakdown anywhere of the cards (most games show you a stat card with a break-down of what each area of the card means), I'm at a loss for what this set of symbols mean.

I've scoured the rulebook and can't find any reference to these. I seem to recall something about this mentioned during the KS, but yeah, that was a while ago :)

Thanks,
Don
Maximilian Jenius
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Question on some card symbols

Unread post by Maximilian Jenius »

This has boggled me since I opened the box and I have yet to hear an official answer. The answer that sounded most plausible is that the colored boxes replaced the ammo boxes that were supposed to be on the cards according to the rulebook.
Pythdamion
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Pythdamion »

They are where you tick of ammo, the weapons in the cards have marching colors
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

Unread post by slaaneshgod »

The colored boxes( on the larger squadron cards) correspond with the colored weapons (these should be on the back of the standard card sized mecha cards with the stats) that use ammo and I believed that they are meant for ammo tracking. I think the symbols are nothing more than graphical design to make it more pretty.
May the killer rabbit eternal servant of chaos always prevail!
Prince of Excess!!!
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

I see that they do match up, but there aren't any tick boxes in each of the colored boxes. Not very useful except maybe as a reminder that there are different weapon systems.

Thanks
Don

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Rules Discussion”