Lazlo Milestone

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Lazlo Milestone

Unread post by Jefffar »

Hannah hits the ever symbolic post# 666
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

This was the magic post.

Also this marks the first time that all of the top 10 posters have had over 1000 posts.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Looks like Clarity has passed the century mark.

Welcome back.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Been almost a year since we had one of these. Ghostspider hits 2500.

vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

Ah the GhostSpider, Katja's nemesis.

Safe to assume that she is still killing grave ghouls and other nasty cemetery haunters.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Hopefully she lets us know what she's up to.

vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

Jefffar wrote:Hopefully she lets us know what she's up to.
50 ghouls, plus minus 5 or 6.
:P
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I was thinking a post on Lazlo :)

vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

Jefffar wrote:I was thinking a post on Lazlo :)
;-)

Katja's replacement cab312 made a post today. Seems that much of his reality is some hallucination created by some giant piece of crap familiar to some people at the LS. :-o
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I've never joined the Lazlo Society forums. I have, however, read the forums from time to time. Mostly, I didn't join because I never came up with a character concept that I was comfortable playing for a long period of time. Does anyone here have suggestions about a character concept that the LS forums actually needs?

My second reason for not joining is that I was slowly working on the Court of Tarot materials, and the temptation to play up the Court would have been too great. Now that I have finished the Court Errata, I no longer have this excuse.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

Don't worry about time. You can kill him or just have him get lost in the Darkness. :)

But I make the suggestion of investigators who come with weird stories they are investigating or have investigated. I think LS.org needs more such characters. It is into this direction that I am taking cab (and part of the reason why I abandoned Katja). Of course debunkers (my friend runs Skeptic who made some huge splash first days) are always fun....
vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

Yep. Get over there now and get spooky Lord Z!
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Man, three of four of my favorite BtS NPCs are affiliated with the Court of Tarot now -- Lady Teapot, Red, and Buzzard. The fourth is Gideon, the gremlin who is running his own pirate radio station. I could have a lot of fun posting as Gideon, but anyone who isn't in the joke would think that they are just being flamed by a regular forum troll. I would be cruising for a ban from NMI.

I understand that some of the established NPCs like Robert Mach are reserved characters. Is Raven Davenport reversed also?

I think I will ask the GM of a pbem if I can use my PC from that game. He is currently trapped in a Dream Pool, but maybe I could use him anyway.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

You can make some variant of the pbem character for LS.org. ;)

Btw, I see no Raven Davenport in the memberlist.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

It's not so much that I would be worried about getting banned. It would be that I would frustrate other participating players. That would be my concern. I myself have quit a few forums because of similar posters getting under my skin. I don't see any feasible way around that.

I've decided to go with Professor Ali. I'll get to some serious posting when (and if) my connections issues clear up. Right now, I'm only online for about an hour per week.

vika
Explorer

Unread post by vika »

Lord Z wrote:It's not so much that I would be worried about getting banned. It would be that I would frustrate other participating players. That would be my concern. I myself have quit a few forums because of similar posters getting under my skin. I don't see any feasible way around that.

I've decided to go with Professor Ali. I'll get to some serious posting when (and if) my connections issues clear up. Right now, I'm only online for about an hour per week.
Tell me about this Professor? :)
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Ethan Skinner makes number 200 here.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

In response to Vika's question, Professor Ali Ufuk is a middle-aged man who is new to paranormal dangers. Ali grew up in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. His nightmares still have the reoccurring theme of Soviet bombers or soldiers. He worked as a firefighter to pay for his medical school training in Egypt before returning to his home country. Ali assisted CIA agents against the Taliban before the US invasion. In exchange for his help, he was carried out of the country and set up with an easy college instructor job in the U.S.A. Ali never met a vice he didn't like -- drinking, drugs, gambling, whatever. In his drug-induced haze, his psychic powers never fully manifested. He only discovered his psychic sensitive abilities after (briefly) sobering up.

It's tradition to pick an actor or actress to represent the character, right?
Linkance of Arabia

sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

Lord Z wrote:In response to Vika's question, Professor Ali Ufuk is a middle-aged man who is new to paranormal dangers. Ali grew up in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. His nightmares still have the reoccurring theme of Soviet bombers or soldiers. He worked as a firefighter to pay for his medical school training in Egypt before returning to his home country. Ali assisted CIA agents against the Taliban before the US invasion. In exchange for his help, he was carried out of the country and set up with an easy college instructor job in the U.S.A. Ali never met a vice he didn't like -- drinking, drugs, gambling, whatever. In his drug-induced haze, his psychic powers never fully manifested. He only discovered his psychic sensitive abilities after (briefly) sobering up.

It's tradition to pick an actor or actress to represent the character, right?
Linkance of Arabia
Ufuk could have met Scotty in A-stan.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Shady Character wrote:Great I can see it now the only time Ufuk, and Scotty can actually understand eachother is when they are both drunk. :lol:

Which i most of the time for Scotty. :D

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I'd like to tie Ali's background with someone else's history. Was Scotty a spook, soldier, or civilian at the time?

sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

Lord Z wrote:I'd like to tie Ali's background with someone else's history. Was Scotty a spook, soldier, or civilian at the time?
I've forgotten - I think he was born in 1965 or so. He went from the Marines to the CIA early in life. Retired from the CIA in 2003.

He was in Somalia as a Marine and his only known operations with the CIA were in A-stan.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Hell's bells, Scotty could have been Ali's CIA contact. Let's build on that.

Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

IIRC, the Christians in Action have "officers" and "agents". Scotty would be an officer, Ali would be one of his agents.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

Lord Z wrote:Hell's bells, Scotty could have been Ali's CIA contact. Let's build on that.

The email I use for lazlosociety is gmail : sasha.duhov.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Nemesis hits 700

She also reveals her first name (although Wie beat her to that. :) ) and her gender.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

A very different sounding Hannah has reached the thousand post mark

Cybermancer
Hero

And only a month behind Hannah, Nemesis reaches her 1000th post.

It is the fallout from these events that started Nemesis down the path to redemption. The events following shortly after with Hannah et el accererated that process.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Cybermancer racks up number 500

Cybermancer
Hero

Maybe you can post something big for #2000. :D

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Someday I'll get to 1000 too!... maybe.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
Antimony