Converting Demon Hunter from Armageddon Unlimited to BtS2

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Converting Demon Hunter from Armageddon Unlimited to BtS2

Unread post by Jack Burton »

I was perusing through my copy of Armageddon Unlimited tonight and stumbled across something that's always been in front of me (I must have rolled cruddy perception rolls before in order to miss this!). Have you ever seen the Demon Hunter character on page 23 of Armageddon Unlimited? WOW! It's perfect for the Beyond the Supernatural setting! I noticed something, however:

The Demon Hunter's base P.P.E. is 1D4 X 10 + P.E. plus a bonus of 1D6 per level of experience staring at level 2. That's way higher than any other character in BtS2. Demon Hunters do get to use certain limited Circle Magic in the form of protection circles, circles to banish demons, circles of empowerment (temporary S.D.C. increase), etc. Some of those circles cost a hefty chunk of P.P.E., however, so I can understand why they start out with so much (average is 20-30 P.P.E.).

My question is this: How would you convert this character's P.P.E. and the cost of P.P.E. needed to invoke these circles from the HU2 world in order to adapt it to the BtS2 world? Or would you not touch them at all? And are there other things you see that need converted? This is such a wonderful character for the BtS2 setting, so I'm very eager to hear you guys' opinions, especially from those of you who are far more knowledgable than I.

I'm also going to post this in the Heroes Unlimited sub-forum in case there are those who have some answers, but never venture into the BtS2 areas. This crosses over into both worlds. Thanks!
Wintercross
D-Bee

Re: Converting Demon Hunter from Armageddon Unlimited to BtS

Unread post by Wintercross »

Jack Burton wrote:I was perusing through my copy of Armageddon Unlimited tonight and stumbled across something that's always been in front of me (I must have rolled cruddy perception rolls before in order to miss this!). Have you ever seen the Demon Hunter character on page 23 of Armageddon Unlimited? WOW! It's perfect for the Beyond the Supernatural setting! I noticed something, however:

The Demon Hunter's base P.P.E. is 1D4 X 10 + P.E. plus a bonus of 1D6 per level of experience staring at level 2. That's way higher than any other character in BtS2. Demon Hunters do get to use certain limited Circle Magic in the form of protection circles, circles to banish demons, circles of empowerment (temporary S.D.C. increase), etc. Some of those circles cost a hefty chunk of P.P.E., however, so I can understand why they start out with so much (average is 20-30 P.P.E.).

My question is this: How would you convert this character's P.P.E. and the cost of P.P.E. needed to invoke these circles from the HU2 world in order to adapt it to the BtS2 world? Or would you not touch them at all? And are there other things you see that need converted? This is such a wonderful character for the BtS2 setting, so I'm very eager to hear you guys' opinions, especially from those of you who are far more knowledgable than I.

I'm also going to post this in the Heroes Unlimited sub-forum in case there are those who have some answers, but never venture into the BtS2 areas. This crosses over into both worlds. Thanks!

the main control factor in BTS2 is the threat level system.
So if you keep the costs the same, but reduce the PPE somewhat, it should work out ok. See, the more dire the supernatural threat, the higher PPE or ISP gets multiplied by.

Perhaps take out the x10 and make their base PPE 1D4+PE, then let their multiplier jump up to x10 when facing demons, since that is what they are specifically trained for?

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”