First Run as GM - Some Questions

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GMScotch
D-Bee

First Run as GM - Some Questions

Unread post by GMScotch »

Greetings and Hope there's people still alive on here : D

I've had the 2nd edition in soft cover sitting on my bookcase for a long time, I finally have gotten off my duff and decided to run a long term campaign of the game. I have the 1st edition, skills book etc. Question wise I am not sure how number of attacks per melee is determined and I would really love to run a couple of test combats over Skype with someone who knows this game well. Get the flow of it before I get 4 people in front of me and get bogged down.

Anyways, my Skype name is tfgm1972 Add me with the message BTS if your interested

Thank ye :D
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: First Run as GM - Some Questions

Unread post by auyl »

I'd do this unfortunately time is an issue. If I remember correctly the number of attacks is determined in the hth section of the rules. Basically you always get 2 attacks and get two more at level one with a hth combat option ie basic, expert, martial art etc.
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

As far as I can remember everyone starts with one attack per round, plus what ever their Hand to hand combat skill grants. As a friendly bit of advice, only stick with Basic and Expert.....the othe rhand to hand types are simply not appropriate for a "horror" campaign setting and only encourage power gaming.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
GMScotch
D-Bee

Thanks for the information, and no worries. The play test can happen with the players, they can gripe lol

I agree on the basic and expert.

Cheers and Thanks
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

No problem. Happy to help out a fellow GM.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Page 161 has the notes on HTH attacks, but basically you start with 4 unless you do not have a HTH attack. If you don't, you start with 1 attack and two NON-combat actions per round (I house rule that the players start with 2 attacks and 2 non-combat).

Any if your still needing help and want to skype, I'd be down for that.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
GMScotch
D-Bee

Thanks for the further explination, and yes would love to Skype with someone who runs this and knows it. My name to add is TFGM1972 on there.

Michael

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”