Lazlo Society, my game, and stuff.

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Holister
Adventurer

Lazlo Society, my game, and stuff.

Unread post by Holister »

Hi guys.

Just wondering where everyone on Lazlo has gotten to? The site has been like abandoned all month and its creepy. Even Ron doesn't post anymore. I am just checking in to see if anyone has anything planned over there or if it is like first come first serve right now.

Hope to hear back from someone soon.
Last edited by Holister on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Holister
Adventurer

Re: Where the heck is everyone on Lazlo?

Ok, the site is pretty flat lined. Other than the guy posting in black text {being on a black background it is really straining to the eyes dude, try switching out the color to something visible} there is no one posting. Is anyone doing anything there or what?
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Not really, no.
Holister
Adventurer

So its been abandoned. Why does Palladium still even have the site running then?
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Because when they finish the game in 2006 there will be renewed interest and participation.
Holister
Adventurer

ROFLMAO!!!! :D :lol:
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Sad but unfortunately true. This is the first game I wrote an article for and so tried to get involved on the Lazlo site but just didn't get into it. Just never enjoyed pbp type things so went back to what I was good at and enjoyed.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Some people have more success/entertainment on the site by working everything out OOC, then posting the results IC. In some cases even the script is worked out before a post is made.
Holister
Adventurer

Yeah, but the site just turned into a ghost town, heck I saw a tumble weed blow during my last vistit. lol. Maybe they should just do a purge, and reboot the site. You know, start it over from scratch to entice new players, maybe change things up where as it is not all "in character" posting. Maybe that would attract more player.

PS: It would also help if Palladium got off their butts and actually put out the rest of those BTS books. Sold my 2nd edition years ago so I could just go back my 1st edition. At least that was a complete game and had the Boxed Nightmares suppliment.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

I like the purely in-character nature of it but enticing new players is a good idea. One way of doing that is just making them aware that it exists.

New stories involving existing characters can be attempted, but I think the major problem and why there no such stories, is that each player exists in his or her own universe. There is no common ground anymore.
Holister
Adventurer

That is because everyone is gone. Maybe we can people to come back be showing some renewed interest in the site.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Well I think everyone is gone because of it. :)
Still, maybe we can get some people to come back. I have long said I would participate in a story, I just don't have any for me to start.
Holister
Adventurer

Well I have several ideas for possible storylines based on inspirations from movies that I have seen and books that I have read. Ironically there is just no one around. Its kind of depressing actually. :( Maybe they should just shut it down or reset it as I suggested.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Post about them here. As I said, I'm interested. ...
Holister
Adventurer

Wow, ok. I can post a few ideas tomorrow. :D
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I'm interested too. Always like a good story. If you want them to develop into adventure ideas we can help you out as well.
Holister
Adventurer

Well here is a recent idea I wanted to run for my regular group buty I think it may play out well for the Lazlo site too if done right.

The Idea:

Setting: Secluded town near a huge forest/national park.

Hook: Recent logging activity has unleased a supernatural "thing" that was trapped within the ancient trees that once stood until released by the loggers.

Plot: The creature is very hungry and already has killed the logging crew that unleashed it and is steadily moving southward away from the loggers and toward the town, killing at random as it goes, but no one ever gets a look at the thing.

Hook 2: It is not shy about making its presence known as it's footprints can be seen literally walking through town for about 2 miles before just vanishing into the nearby woods. The people are scared and have no idea if it is a hoax, or something else.

Incidents:

1) A horse is stolen from a local horse farm with evidence as to how it "vanished" except for strange hoven footprints like thos seen in town.

2) Though it is hunting season, there are no deer to found (or any wildlife for that matter) anywhere within five miles of town. This is followed by a large flock of birds heading south rather than north as they should be for that time of year.

3) Three hunters have gone into the woods to try and salvage the hunting season but are attacked by some "thing", two are killed and a third survives but is in a state of extreme shock and can only mutter "IT killed them." Later the local police find the remains of the two dead hunter's 30 feet up in a tree.

4) A barn on the outskirts of town was broken into, outside the next morning those same strange hoven footprints and claw marks on the side of the barn can be found.

The Legend: There is a local indian legend (some 200 - 300 years old) about a hellish creature that was said to live in the northern woods and prey upon those that tresspass within its domain. Once outsiders moved into its territory it went on a killing spree {killing both white man and indian alike}. It is believed that a shaman was able to bind the creature to a tree to trap it for all eternity while sacraficing himself in the process.

The Characters: The role of the characters is simple, go and investigate what is happening in this town and see if their is any truth to these stories about a creature stalking the woods, and if it is true, to try and stop it before it kills again. So the story is open to all types; psychics, magic users, and hunters alike.
An advantage the character will have is that the locals are very scared and the police would apprieciate any help with stopping the beast and ending the killings (note - the police by this point believe the creature exists, but have no ide what it is or how to stop it).

Variation: This story does not need to take place in America as it can be altered for any northern region where there is a vast uncharted forest (Canada, Alaska, Iceland, Russia, Scandinavia, and most places in Europe).

The creature is a Jersey Devil like beast (if you do not what it looks like, you can google it).

Well that is my idea in a nut shell. What do you think?
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

I'll respond during the weekend which will give me time to ping some other folks about this as well.
Holister
Adventurer

Thanks Natasha, I will await your reply.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Holister
Adventurer

ok, I will check back tomorrow.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Hopefully I will have heard back from some folks by then, too. Otherwise, we'll proceed without them.
Holister
Adventurer

Ok, will look foward to hearing back from you. :)
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Holister
Adventurer

Well I have been having fun posting the new {mis}adventures of Ben Holister as he deals with the supernatual and other "horrific" encounters in his lil neck of the woods. Just posted his latest adventure involving a mummy.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Holister wrote:Well here is a recent idea I wanted to run for my regular group buty I think it may play out well for the Lazlo site too if done right.

The Idea:

Setting: Secluded town near a huge forest/national park.

Hook: Recent logging activity has unleased a supernatural "thing" that was trapped within the ancient trees that once stood until released by the loggers.

Plot: The creature is very hungry and already has killed the logging crew that unleashed it and is steadily moving southward away from the loggers and toward the town, killing at random as it goes, but no one ever gets a look at the thing.

Hook 2: It is not shy about making its presence known as it's footprints can be seen literally walking through town for about 2 miles before just vanishing into the nearby woods. The people are scared and have no idea if it is a hoax, or something else.

Incidents:

1) A horse is stolen from a local horse farm with evidence as to how it "vanished" except for strange hoven footprints like thos seen in town.

2) Though it is hunting season, there are no deer to found (or any wildlife for that matter) anywhere within five miles of town. This is followed by a large flock of birds heading south rather than north as they should be for that time of year.

3) Three hunters have gone into the woods to try and salvage the hunting season but are attacked by some "thing", two are killed and a third survives but is in a state of extreme shock and can only mutter "IT killed them." Later the local police find the remains of the two dead hunter's 30 feet up in a tree.

4) A barn on the outskirts of town was broken into, outside the next morning those same strange hoven footprints and claw marks on the side of the barn can be found.

The Legend: There is a local indian legend (some 200 - 300 years old) about a hellish creature that was said to live in the northern woods and prey upon those that tresspass within its domain. Once outsiders moved into its territory it went on a killing spree {killing both white man and indian alike}. It is believed that a shaman was able to bind the creature to a tree to trap it for all eternity while sacraficing himself in the process.

The Characters: The role of the characters is simple, go and investigate what is happening in this town and see if their is any truth to these stories about a creature stalking the woods, and if it is true, to try and stop it before it kills again. So the story is open to all types; psychics, magic users, and hunters alike.
An advantage the character will have is that the locals are very scared and the police would apprieciate any help with stopping the beast and ending the killings (note - the police by this point believe the creature exists, but have no ide what it is or how to stop it).

Variation: This story does not need to take place in America as it can be altered for any northern region where there is a vast uncharted forest (Canada, Alaska, Iceland, Russia, Scandinavia, and most places in Europe).

The creature is a Jersey Devil like beast (if you do not what it looks like, you can google it).

Well that is my idea in a nut shell. What do you think?

This sounds like a good all around solid adventure, well done. Could also fit in Heroes Unlimited or Even Rifts Earth.

Also for a Statted Jersey Devil I think one Is in Rathrocs Creature Creations or Purebreeds, I cannot remember.
The stats are sdc but I would rule a Jersey Devil as a supernatural creature with hp+sdc then doubled equaling mdc in mdc realms.

Sorry for the side rant, any who great adventure idea.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Scotty (Ordinary Person) is interested. I will probably run cab312 (Diviner) instead of the usual player.
Holister
Adventurer

Ok, sounds good. Where would you like the story to take place?
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Wherever there is some logging is fine. Or it could just be some backwoods preppers chopping fire wood. Maybe let the dice decide....
Holister
Adventurer

Ok, so I am leaning heavily toward Canada...maybe Novia Scotia or Prince Edward Island. This way it puts the characters in a limited area establishing a feeling of being cut off during the whole ordeal.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Holister
Adventurer

Well everything seems to be going well. I have had alot of time to work on the game and my regular group is doing well. I ran the above mentioned game and it took about 3 sessions to complete and they liked it. I got another going on now that is requiring some investigation on behalf on group, and one apsect has come into play that seldom does, they have to work within and under the scrutiny of the law. I am curious to see how it ends up.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Tearstone
Adventurer

Re: Lazlo Society, my game, and stuff.

Unread post by Tearstone »

Wish I had heard of this sooner.

My first thought was a Wendigo, Spring-Heeled Jack, or a Jersey Devil.

And yeah, it's been dead for a while, which is kind of sad.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Lazlo Society, my game, and stuff.

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

It looks like theres some new stuff poping up, And I am more then willing to dust of TMs3 if any one wants to do any thing with him... He lives in centreal Kentucky, but has enough funds to travel on, my table top group has gon to the 4 winds.... one of them moved all the way to the land down under but TM is a druidic trained acranist/mage and a good shot with eather his Grandfathers webly mark 4 or his one 38 he upgraded to since the old .455 rounds are hard to find
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”