Newspaper stuffing...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Newspaper stuffing...

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

a fun, if rather stupid, main game hook to throw in the newspaper of players. BtS 1st ed style.

I am going to have some stuff on the front page. A map that no one has been able to decode. Aliens real or not?

The letters to the editor will have this: http://www.anonymousmags.com/september- ... eign-world as the main game hook I am going to run.

Heka tea, Egyptian red tea recipe that is said to increases ones PPE if drunk long enough review.

a weather report calling for rain then snow...(Mind you this is set in LA, Ca.)

a beekeepers article.

some real world news. such as the British spaceship engine that was inspired by Star Trek.

then, the want adds...house blessings, house cleansing, an opening at Lemuria, etc.

a comic's page.

a leyline map of Southern Ca

etc

I actually have a friend at a print shop who can print it as a newspaper for a hand out. I sort of took inspiration form Pblackcrow's newspaper/handout, the Pagan Star. it has coupons and adds for: Hotel California (Check in and check out any time you like), Lemuria (a "New Age" metaphysical shop which has a "spiritual spa/center" where one can meditate, go for healing sessions, massage, get a reading, or get gossip on strange and unusual happenings. it's actually based on a real shop back in Johnson City, Tn called Atlantis, but they don't have the crystal lined hot tub in the center on the 3rd story, or a glass pyramid for a roof...a bit of embellishment there, in my game it's set out side of LA, Ca so.), Unique Books & Treasures (used books/very odd stuff (talking the skull of Rasputin, next to it is a crystal tea set, and a large flower arrangement, below it a 32 knights [none of them look like they'r from the same set.] on a glass Star Trek chess board, above it are mineral specimens...and the odd thing is: it flows great) some of it maybe "magical"/pawn and consignment shop, plus offers readings on Monday's and Wednesdays. in my game, it's located downtown.) and lastly over the next few weeks, I plan on introducing in the paper The Cougars' Club (a bar/night club/theater owned by Hazel Blackhart, age 70. 12th level mage, with ties to the underworld, in BOTH sense of terms. it's a cover for her 40's/+ black covenant of witches activity...getting patrons tipsy, having sex with them, then draining them of energy after climax, and giving it to their "queen". this is how the "devil" will be brought to this plane, in my game anyway.) The first article will be an advertisement right across from the letter to the editor about the devil reign. and the editors response..."There, I published it; Now Whoever-you-are, will you please stop writing me with these outlandish bull stories. This is a Pagan newspaper, not some stupid tabloid (none of which, I might add; for the Readers, would run his/her story.) so in this editors honest opinion, don't be surprised when/if it doesn't happen. I mean, come on, wake up, and stop fearing the end of the world! Go, live your life!" there will also be an article on traveling to an Astral Realm in the LttE, and a story of inspiration.

and I would like to hear what you guys would put in your papers.
pblackcrow
Champion

Re: Newspaper stuffing...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Recently I have added 2 advise columns, personals, a restaurant guide, and a holistic health section. You should see the last one I did while your in town next time around Christmas. Or I could add you to my file share thing. Facebook me.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Newspaper stuffing...

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

Okay.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”