World's Creepiest Places.

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

World's Creepiest Places.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Hey there, folks.
Your good ol' friend Rathorc Lemenger here. I had an interesting thought a bit ago that got me to wondering. Here it is: The thought is has anyone ever thought about the real world's most creepiest (and possibly haunted) in the world to their games? This basically means: 1) The names of the places, 2) Where they're located at, and 3) Little blurbs of information about them (which includes their history and what goes on there). If not, I MIGHT consider doing up some stuff and posting it here.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited (located over on the AtB portion of the forums).
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: World's Creepiest Places.

Unread post by say652 »

I would like a bunch of creepy places with the adventure pretty much started.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Here's something for Connecticut: Damned CT
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

General Morgan Inn, in Greeneville, Tennessee. This historic hotel is said to be haunted by a ghost named Green Room Grace. Grace was a waitress at the hotel long ago, and she is said to be playful and fun. She loves spoons, and has been known to snatch them from The Green Room, the hotel’s restaurant, for the past 75 years. Although the spoons regularly disappear, no one has ever figured out where they have gone.

We booked a suite and gamed...We also did a murder mystery weekend thing there. I did it to protect the family from both scandal and blackmail. And got away with it. They totally bought the weak, mute, crippled act. Even after I had bested Edward at sabre fencing when he insulted my integrity in front of everyone there.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Hmm, I have to go with Stull Cemetery in Kansas, a supposed gateway to Hell.

Stull Cemetery, and the abandoned church that rests next to it, is located in the tiny, nearly forgotten Kansas town of Stull. There is not much left of the tiny village, save for a few houses, the newer church and about twenty residents. However, the population of the place allegedly contains a number of residents that are from beyond this earth! In addition to its human inhabitants, the town is also home to a number of legends and strange tales that are linked to the crumbling old church and the overgrown cemetery that can be found atop Stull’s Emmanuel Hill. For years, stories of witchcraft, ghosts and supernatural happenings have surrounded the old graveyard. It is a place that some claim is one of the "seven gateways to hell."

http://www.prairieghosts.com/stull.html
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Lavender Town.

Sure, it's not a REAL place, but (and I don't think this is a 'conversion') if the game Pokemon existed in pre-Rifts history and you managed to acquire its game data, it might be a place that people would dream about, due to how terrifying it is.

These dreams could create Nightmare Storms in the Dreamstream.

Furthermore, using Rifter 2's CANON hacking rules, theoretically any location present within a video game could be explored by player characters who port themselves into the digital world.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”