BTS Carpenter Game

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jake Postlewaite
Megaversal® Ambassador

BTS Carpenter Game

Unread post by Jake Postlewaite »

Hey everybody,

I'm working on a new game for my group and was looking for some feedback. It will be a BTS game that is based on the films of John Carpenter. This will mean that it will be an Earth, with some tweeks, where all of the events in John Carpenter's films have occured. So Michael Myers, the thing, and the Vampire$ all exist in the same universe for the characters to investigate. I have five player's, and one of them is fairly familiar with these films. I think it will be some fun "homework" for the others to do some research by pulling up IMDB and watching the films that coincide with the game. I'm going to come up with 5 archetypes that I have written on a note card and placed into a hat, whatever the player draws is the character. I will allow the players to discuss their pick and one trade to be allowed per player.

The archetypes are as follows:

Master Psychic
Private Investigator
Kung-Fu Master
Survivalist
Nightbane

I know the nightbane is a wild card, and coinciding the nightbane world with that of the films can take some work, but I'm pretty sure I've come up with some solutions with an ample amount of mystery for the players. The location will be in Chicago with a benefactor uniting the characters.
Dlanaan
D-Bee

Re: BTS Carpenter Game

Unread post by Dlanaan »

It sounds entertaining. I would note, though, that based on the classes as listed, the Nightbane will be considerably more powerful than any of the other characters. Just keep that in mind when you are working on balancing encounters or building the other characters.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Jake Postlewaite wrote:Hey everybody,

I'm working on a new game for my group and was looking for some feedback. It will be a BTS game that is based on the films of John Carpenter. This will mean that it will be an Earth, with some tweeks, where all of the events in John Carpenter's films have occurred.

Always wear your sunglasses.
Never go to the antarctic
And watch out for the rampant insanity and Cthulu-beasts caused by a popular horror novel.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Lori
Wanderer

Unread post by Lori »

Sounds fun.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”